Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Molue Banned From Lagos Island - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Molue Banned From Lagos Island (19804 Views)

PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting / Deji Adeyanju Banned From Seeing Metuh In Prison / Man Treks From Lagos To Abuja To Fulfil The Vow He Made If Buhari Wins (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by Nkanuzu: 9:52pm On Sep 05, 2013
naptu2:

https://www.nairaland.com/1218704/history-public-transportation-lagos
Road to Lagos Mega City! First it was BOLEKAJA, second it was MOLUE. Third (now) it is BRT! Who knows what d fourth generation of public transport will look like! To me, there is no much diff b/w BRT and molue in terms of excess loading/passengers' discomfort (#suffering and smilling by Fela). Govt shld pls wake up.
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by Samoo01: 9:55pm On Sep 05, 2013
mobuch:

EDUCATED IMBECCILE grin

This coming from the same person who created this thread: www.nairaland.com/1403003/need-advise-how-sleep-lady.

Indeed, Nigeria's problems are more about the average Joes than they are about its insatiable corruptocrats.
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by ba7man(m): 9:56pm On Sep 05, 2013
Those Molues should be banned, crushed and their scraps melted.

Those vehicles aren't fit to transport animals, let alone human beings.

It you refuse to step up your game, you'll get left behind.

3 Likes

Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by naptu2: 10:13pm On Sep 05, 2013
Nkanuzu:
Road to Lagos Mega City! First it was BOLEKAJA, second it was MOLUE. Third (now) it is BRT! Who knows what d fourth generation of public transport will look like! To me, there is no much diff b/w BRT and molue in terms of excess loading/passengers' discomfort (#suffering and smilling by Fela). Govt shld pls wake up.

Check out the thread, you'll find the answer to your question (Bolekaja, Molue, Danfo, LSTC, LMTS, ferry, BRT, LRT, LCCT and tram).

Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by chessguru1(m): 10:17pm On Sep 05, 2013
naptu2:

Men ur post gat me laffing hard.
But seriously, though I guess fashola is trying to force lagos in particular and nigeria as a whole into civilization. Becos let's face it, some of the things we see as normal on d streets of lagos and other parts of d country is J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ plane insanity in d western world.
PS. Witnessed an accident in ph laset week where a small pick up truck was driving one way and speeding . Smashed an on coming car, crushing d driver and making d driver's wife lose her arm in d process.
That's what I call insanity behind wheels, and to think that close to 80% of all nigerian drivers are like that...makes u J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ wonder
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 05, 2013
Samoo01:

This coming from the same person who created this thread: www.nairaland.com/1403003/need-advise-how-sleep-lady.

Indeed, Nigeria's problems are more about the average Joes than they are about its insatiable corruptocrats.

No, no, no, Nigeria's problems are more about over educated and certificate inclined imbeciiles and neanderthals like you, whose education other than allowing you to speak baseless grammar is a complete waste and has no bearing and reality inclination to the present circumstances facing nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by theanonymous: 10:29pm On Sep 05, 2013
Lordave: Fashola is really bent on making Lagos unbearable for the poor.

I wonder if this man has a blood tie with Hitler. angry
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by sixpee(m): 10:30pm On Sep 05, 2013
jidsoon:

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/09/05/molue-banned-from-lagos-island/

About time. Haba!. This is 2013, molue on lagos roads is travesty. We have the much more decent BRT and lagbus. And if you must shake body in mass transit, use the standard guage locomotive train. It still works in lagos.
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by OCcool: 10:41pm On Sep 05, 2013
Namiad:
all u said is total GARBAGE...u were just speaking english
God bless u my guy, u just spoke my mind. Allow the guy make him dey blow grammer for there wey no make sense

1 Like

Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by awolols(m): 10:41pm On Sep 05, 2013
Danfos should start counting down to their ban date cos their days are numbered too.
The nuisance they cause is more than their good. BRF is just what lagos needs

2 Likes

Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by pmc01(m): 10:47pm On Sep 05, 2013
zibi2: Fashola banned okada is not enough ?(moule)bus From island.?Just watch he would banned our legs (leggedesbenze).....

Your Oyinbo sef suppose earn you ban from speaking Oyinbo by the LASG grin grin

#I would have looked the other way if your comment didn't ooze of undiluted hatred. Let's always try to be objective and constructive in our criticism... for a better Nigeria.
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by UyiIredia(m): 10:49pm On Sep 05, 2013
Well, good for me I am not so in need of them. I will always remember my molue-husting days back between '04 and '06_before finishing my secondary school_with fondness.
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by UyiIredia(m): 10:51pm On Sep 05, 2013
awolols: Danfos should start counting down to their ban date cos their days are numbered too.
The nuisance they cause is more than their good. BRF is just what lagos needs

You aren't thinking straight, you must know how bad transport and transport cost will fare without danfos.
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by pmc01(m): 10:55pm On Sep 05, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Well, good for me I am not so in need of them. I will always remember my molue-husting days back between [b]'04 and '06_before finishing my secondary school[/b]_with fondness.

Thought Uyi was a boarder?
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by Notion(m): 11:19pm On Sep 05, 2013
But wait oh! Is there any difference btw molue and Brt cos some of d brt buses i see ar always overloaded wit human beings and even bad than some molues.
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by skyfall: 11:31pm On Sep 05, 2013
Samoo01: ‘‘The state government said the decision was taken in its determination to ensure adequate monitoring of commuter bus operators as reagrds (sic) compliance with traffic rules and regulations.’’

So Lagos State needs to eradicate the remaining few dozens of 'Molue' that has been facing sustained attrition by Fashola's administration or the ‘‘adequate monitoring’’ of hundreds of thousands of vehicles plying Lagos roads daily will be in jeopardy? You can't make this stuff up.

Granted, ‘‘Molue’’ has become too haggard for this age and its carbon footprint being its Archiles heel, it, however, hasn't outlived its usefulness; the great unwashed still use the ugly Benz to commute themselves due to its affordability and uproariousity.

Why ban it from plying Iyana-Ipaja (the same road that heavy duty trucks ply) if it can ply Agege? And why did the reporter find it superfluous to get reactions from 'Molue' unionists?

I've never entered a 'Molue' before but I've been wondering how no one is upgrading this low budget means of transportation in an increasingly unaffordable Lagos.

The convoluted atmosphere that has become increasingly emblematic of Fashola's administration is the APC echo chamber cocooning.

Just when you think life can't get worse for Lagos proles, Fashola stifles it further with yet another Soviet-esque ukase.

As egregious as the PDP has been for us, Fashola's Lagos is a forlorn harbinger of what Nigerians will go through should APC get the mandate to man Aso-Rock. Alas, there's no alternative to PDP and APC. Nigerians are in for a bumpy ride. Pathetic, really.

Patrick Obahiagbon's apprentice, is Iyana-Ipaja on the island? You people will say any trash that comes to mind just to discredit Fashola. If you hate the man and his policies so much, I suggest you contest for his position in 2015. I'm sure your grammar would fetch you some votes.
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by lymelyte(m): 11:32pm On Sep 05, 2013
kudos to fashola for making all effort to repair and adjust this dysfunctional society into a conscious and civilized environ.

2 Likes

Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by Nobody: 11:54pm On Sep 05, 2013
Welcomed idea

But

Wait oo

To be continued....
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by Nobody: 11:54pm On Sep 05, 2013
Hmmm this one oga Fashi-ola n Thief-nibu dey ban Okada, taxi, igbo ppl, molue, I hope say him no go ban pedestrians oo.
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by Iriruaga100(m): 11:55pm On Sep 05, 2013
By restricting molue frm these route has it increase their daily income or reduced it?The poor get poorer while the rich get richer. We must fight this inbalance in society.
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by matrixme(m): 12:08am On Sep 06, 2013
For those advocating the interests of the poor people of Lagos, I'd like you to take a moment to read this article:
http://www.theatlanticcities.com/jobs-and-economy/2013/08/how-poverty-taxes-brain/6716/
We ought to know that poverty should not be encouraged at any front for it's damaging effect on the populace. If you've been following the news, you will find out that the Lagos we're all happy about is actually ranked one of the worst cities to live in. I think if a visionary governor is doing his best to redeem that image, then he sure deserve kudos. In my own opinion, Mr Fashola ought to be elected the Mayor of Lagos. I believe Lagosians are resilient and inventive people. This would not affect them much, the economics of "suffering and smiling" by opting for a Molue bus is not often advantageous in the long run, considering the inconveniences, germs (diseases), risks (jumping on/off on motion, loosing a valuable) and general body/clothing harm. Besides those old buses look like metallic dinosaurs already; so it's high time they. were rested. Hope they keep at least in a museum for the viewing pleasure of future generation.

1 Like

Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by naptu2: 12:20am On Sep 06, 2013
The truth is that Lagosians will adapt (as always). The people adapted, in the 1970s, when the government banned Bolekaja and there are even more options today than there were then.

1) Molue drivers and conductors were integrated in the BRT scheme, so those who do not or cannot drive the molue can move over to the BRT scheme.

2) They can also choose to drive danfo buses.

3) They can participate in the Lasmi Cabs scheme.

4) They can also register in one of the free skills acquisition centres that have been set up across the state by the Lagos State Government.

1 Like

Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by hunter21(m): 12:28am On Sep 06, 2013
i was here.
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by slap1(m): 12:30am On Sep 06, 2013
No thanks to Senbonzakura!
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by abioyeolufemi6: 1:40am On Sep 06, 2013
IF THIS SO CALL MOLUE WILL BE BANNED PATAPATA IN LAG FOR MEGA CITY,.... ALL THIS ''TAMI-RAMI'' MOTORS SHOULD ALSO BE BANNED..... BUT SHA..... MAKE OGA ''FASO'' PROVIDE ANOTHER SOURCE OF INCOME FOR THE DRIVERS AND THEIR CONDUCTORS.... IF NOT.... BIG BROSS MAY MULTIPLY OOOO
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by 2chains1(m): 1:45am On Sep 06, 2013
zibi2: Fashola banned okada is not enough (moule)bus From island.Just watch he would "banned" our legs (leggedesbenze).....

Gbagaun!!!
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by Bassilica: 2:08am On Sep 06, 2013
Hope this isn't endtym tin ? .... #SMH
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by Nobody: 2:39am On Sep 06, 2013
Samoo01: ‘‘The state government said the decision was taken in its determination to ensure adequate monitoring of commuter bus operators as reagrds (sic) compliance with traffic rules and regulations.’’

So Lagos State needs to eradicate the remaining few dozens of 'Molue' that has been facing sustained attrition by Fashola's administration or the ‘‘adequate monitoring’’ of hundreds of thousands of vehicles plying Lagos roads daily will be in jeopardy? You can't make this stuff up.

Granted, ‘‘Molue’’ has become too haggard for this age and its carbon footprint being its Archiles heel, it, however, hasn't outlived its usefulness; the great unwashed still use the ugly Benz to commute themselves due to its affordability and uproariousity.

Why ban it from plying Iyana-Ipaja (the same road that heavy duty trucks ply) if it can ply Agege? And why did the reporter find it superfluous to get reactions from 'Molue' unionists?

I've never entered a 'Molue' before but I've been wondering how no one is upgrading this low budget means of transportation in an increasingly unaffordable Lagos.

The convoluted atmosphere that has become increasingly emblematic of Fashola's administration is the APC echo chamber cocooning.

o
Just when you think life can't get worse for Lagos proles, Fashola stifles it further with yet another Soviet-esque ukase.

As egregious as the PDP has been for us, Fashola's Lagos is a forlorn harbinger of what Nigerians will go through should APC get the mandate to man Aso-Rock. Alas, there's no alternative to PDP and APC. Nigerians are in for a bumpy ride. Pathetic, really.

Please what language is this biko nu cheesy
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by Nobody: 2:50am On Sep 06, 2013
Samoo01:

Typical Fashola lackey: When challenged, throw ad hominem attacks.
oga, take am easy with this big big grammar dem
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by Okuda(m): 3:50am On Sep 06, 2013
Namiad:
all u said is total GARBAGE...u were just speaking english

Thank you my brother. Thought I was the only one that noticed..

1 Like

Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by Funjosh(m): 4:09am On Sep 06, 2013
*Sobs* "sadface"
i will miss MOLUE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege / Igboho’s Trial: FG May Threaten Economic Sanctions Against Benin Republic / Akpabio Clinches APC Senate Ticket For Akwa Ibom West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.