Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,892 members, 7,821,115 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Nigerian Women: Do You Bring Money To The Table? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Women: Do You Bring Money To The Table? (1499 Views)

See What A Lady Posted About Husbands & Wife Battery: Women Do You Agree? / The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) / Women, Do U Cry On Ur Wedding Day, If U Do Y (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Women: Do You Bring Money To The Table? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 05, 2013
I hear so many times people telling me about how, even in some families, both men and women work, but it is the man who still has to pay for everything pertaining the family.

I don't even see how that makes any sense. What do women like this do with their money then?
The whole point of her not devoting as much time in the home and going out to work is for there to AT LEAST be more money in the house. It has to be a trade off. If she is both less available and also doesn't yield her income for family planning, what is the benefit of these women working?

From what I have seen, this is predominantly a naija/african thing. Why do y'all want to eat your cake and have it?
Re: Nigerian Women: Do You Bring Money To The Table? by tpia5: 8:23pm On Sep 05, 2013
Bro, when you die, you dont take anything with you.

Leave nigerian women be and question your mum.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women: Do You Bring Money To The Table? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 05, 2013
If you know you don't partake in the DAILY routine/itinerary of the household, Just respect yourself and remove your big eyessss from the wife's earnings, simple. cool

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women: Do You Bring Money To The Table? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 05, 2013
Oh boy , see command ^^ grin grin
Re: Nigerian Women: Do You Bring Money To The Table? by armyofone(m): 12:57am On Sep 06, 2013
is ya lady sending you to the cleaners? grin grin eh OP 2Buff grin

stop eyeing her purse, man up and bring home huge bacon. You think to be a man is a day job? Common play the hefty role Adam bequeath unto thee.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women: Do You Bring Money To The Table? by Nobody: 1:15am On Sep 06, 2013
I blame ASUU
Re: Nigerian Women: Do You Bring Money To The Table? by Nobody: 2:51am On Sep 06, 2013
armyofone: is ya lady sending you to the cleaners? grin grin eh OP 2Buff grin

stop eyeing her purse, man up and bring home huge bacon. You think to be a man is a day job? Common play the hefty role Adam bequeath unto thee.

Also requests like "Where is my food?!" by the man should illicit quick spritely action by the woman, entailing her running to the kitchen, grabbing his ALREADY PREPARED food. Afterwhich she is also supposed to kneel down and serve her man food and then take the plate back into the kitchen.

I never still see this very simple transaction with the women of my generation, so I see no point in giving y'all all the associated benefits. Y'all get what you pay for. Nothing more undecided
Re: Nigerian Women: Do You Bring Money To The Table? by vivianc(f): 10:40am On Sep 06, 2013
This 2buff guy no fit kill me with laugh. grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Women: Do You Bring Money To The Table? by Ngokafor(f): 10:43am On Sep 06, 2013
...no we bring money to the chair! undecided shocked

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women: Do You Bring Money To The Table? by Ngokafor(f): 10:46am On Sep 06, 2013
2buff:

Also requests like "Where is my food?!" by the man should illicit quick spritely action by the woman, entailing her running to the kitchen, grabbing his ALREADY PREPARED food. Afterwhich she is also supposed to kneel down and serve her man food and then take the plate back into the kitchen.

I never still see this very simple transaction with the women of my generation, so I see no point in giving y'all all the associated benefits. Y'all get what you pay for. Nothing more undecided

lmao!..you sound very angry abi you never chop? grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women: Do You Bring Money To The Table? by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 09, 2013
Ngokafor:

lmao!..you sound very angry abi you never chop? grin

Dat one no be problem. I dey chop wellu well grin
Re: Nigerian Women: Do You Bring Money To The Table? by Sugardiva(f): 11:10pm On Sep 13, 2013
Ngokafor: ...no we bring money to the chair! undecided shocked

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Women: Do You Bring Money To The Table? by Nobody: 12:46am On Sep 14, 2013
Ngokafor: ...no we bring money to the chair! undecided shocked

Abeg Nne don't make choke grin cheesy * coughs*
Re: Nigerian Women: Do You Bring Money To The Table? by RoyalRoy(m): 3:25am On Sep 14, 2013
2buff, expect more fire & brimstone coming ur way by morning!!

[size=25pt] Be Prepared!! [/size]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Women: Do You Bring Money To The Table? by taryour(f): 3:57am On Sep 14, 2013
NOO,not at all. We just burn the money into ashes as soon as we make it. Guess you ok with that

Just a question for you Op, What planet are you from precisely?
Re: Nigerian Women: Do You Bring Money To The Table? by EfemenaXY: 8:24am On Sep 15, 2013
2buff: I hear so many times people telling me about how, even in some families, both men and women work, but it is the man who still has to pay for everything pertaining the family.

I don't even see how that makes any sense. What do women like this do with their money then?
The whole point of her not devoting as much time in the home and going out to work is for there to AT LEAST be more money in the house. It has to be a trade off. If she is both less available and also doesn't yield her income for family planning, what is the benefit of these women working?

From what I have seen, this is predominantly a naija/african thing. Why do y'all want to eat your cake and have it?

Guy, make up your mind on what you want and just leave us women alone jare!

If we choose to sacrifice our education at the expense of bringing up your kids, running the home smoothly and ensuring you get an easy ride when you get back home from the hunting and gathering you grudgingly do, you call us derogatory names like housewives! And disrespect us by fathering kids outside, or sneaking in concubines behind our backs. https://www.nairaland.com/1438852/how-deal-dad-man-cheats

If on the other hand, we chose to utilize the education our mamas and papas sweated and toiled for us, you come on here complaining that we stash our hard-earned money away secretly, or plan on eating our cake and having it! What d'you expect? For us working mums to come cap-in-hand to you begging for money to buy sanitary towels, undies, bras, g-strings, skinny jeans, make-up, Brazilian weaves, Stilettos, perfumes, deodorants, accessories and so on? angry angry

Abeg park go one side jare.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women: Do You Bring Money To The Table? by LordReed(m): 9:29am On Sep 15, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Well said. grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Women: Do You Bring Money To The Table? by veave(f): 11:46am On Sep 15, 2013
see barawo fa. did you help to pay her school fees? how much have you given her for giving you kids to keep ur family name? no be oly run to the kitchen and kneeling down... she go fly ma.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women: Do You Bring Money To The Table? by benedictac(f): 7:25am On Sep 16, 2013
Efemena_xy:

If we choose to sacrifice our education at the expense of bringing up your kids, running the home smoothly and ensuring you get an easy ride when you get back home from the hunting and gathering you grudgingly do, you call us derogatory names like housewives! And disrespect us by fathering kids outside, or sneaking in concubines behind our backs. https://www.nairaland.com/1438852/how-deal-dad-man-cheats

If on the other hand, we chose to utilize the education our mamas and papas sweated and toiled for us, you come on here complaining that we stash our hard-earned money away secretly, or plan on eating our cake and having it! What d'you expect? For us working mums to come cap-in-hand to you begging for money to buy sanitary towels, undies, bras, g-strings, skinny jeans, make-up, Brazilian weaves, Stilettos, perfumes, deodorants, accessories and so on? angry angry

my friend u nor get talk. this is why we have alot of marriage problems in our society today.
Re: Nigerian Women: Do You Bring Money To The Table? by EfemenaXY: 12:32pm On Sep 22, 2013
benedictac:

my friend u nor get talk. this is why we have alot of marriage problems in our society today.

Meaning?
Re: Nigerian Women: Do You Bring Money To The Table? by k4kenny(f): 10:31pm On Sep 22, 2013
Op u get mouth jare. In fact your wife's salary should be paid directly into your account sef. Why should an ordinary woman have any money to her name?mtchewww

On the issue of food, I was also shocked to discover your maid wife doesn't sprint to the kitchen faster than Hussein bolt to bring ur food. In fact ehn she should be on her knees till you complete the meal she toiled to prepare after a hard day's work. Cos in a marriage its all about the man wink the woman is just there to make his life more comfortable.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women: Do You Bring Money To The Table? by EfemenaXY: 10:42pm On Sep 22, 2013
^^ Careful there...some people will take your words literally and miss the intended sarcasm...lol!
Re: Nigerian Women: Do You Bring Money To The Table? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 22, 2013
did you knw that those things she spends her income on (personal savings included) would have been paid for by her husband if she were not working ? small and frequent spendings are inevitable expenses women do that men hardly take note of.

on the other hand, I quite agree with op.

some women should look beyond spending all their income on themselves only.
the much desirable fair marriage with respect accorded to the wife should be one in which theres financial contribution from both spouse to the running of the home especially if shes working. the smart thing to do is for her to choose small conspicous bills to foot. while the husband does the lion share.
my only exception to this will be like a super wealthy family where the husband is very capable.
Re: Nigerian Women: Do You Bring Money To The Table? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Sep 22, 2013
veave: see barawo fa. did you help to pay her school fees? how much have you given her for giving you kids to keep ur family name? no be oly run to the kitchen and kneeling down... she go fly ma.

I'm cracking up at the bolded!! grin grin
Re: Nigerian Women: Do You Bring Money To The Table? by MrsChima(f): 3:17am On Sep 23, 2013
The tale of a tired playboy. grin
Re: Nigerian Women: Do You Bring Money To The Table? by Nobody: 4:53am On Sep 23, 2013
2buff: I hear so many times people telling me about how, even in some families, both men and women work, but it is the man who still has to pay for everything pertaining the family.

Why don't you wear a skirt and blouse and carry weave on
See this person o
You want to be called a man without manly responsibilities
You haven't started
At this rate will you even be able to pay her bride price without asking her to chip in

(1) (Reply)

Unbelievable! Son Rapes Mother. / Husband Palava, / 7 Poisonous Beliefs That Make You Desperately Unhappy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.