Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs (32200 Views)

Senator Mike Sonto's Gold Cars And Stacks Of Cash [PICS] / Chinese Builder Puts Up 57-story Skyscraper In 19 Days / Protesters Plan To Bombard Thatcher’s Coffin With Eggs, Coal Or Milk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by Tolzeal(m): 12:12am On Sep 06, 2013

An uncompleted London skyscraper is at the center of freak reports of melting cars parked near it. One of the cars damaged by the 37-storey "Walkie-Talkie" skyscraper which is due to be completed next year is a Jaguar XJ belonging to businessman Martin Lindsay who returned to find his luxury ride haddeveloped warped panels along one side as well as a melted wing mirror and car
badge.

Blinding rays of sunlight deflected from the building located on Fenchurch Street in the City of London are being held responsible for the disintegrating vehicles and their contents. A motorist found a pack of crisps that was inside his parked car had melted to into a hardform while a journalist successfully fried an egg on the pavement with the projected heat which reached 92.6 F (33.7C).

Omelette on the pavement as tiles also come off in the heat
The skyscraper is still being built and the developers are trying to find a way of sorting out the problem by putting up cladding and scaffolding to cover the area of pavement on Eastcheap where the Jaguar melted.
Melted pack of crisps

An official statement said: "The phenomenon is caused by the current elevation of the sun in the sky. It currently lasts for approximately two hours per day, with initial modelling suggesting that it will be present for approximately 2-3 weeks".

http://news.sky.com/story/1136349/walkie-talkie-skyscraper-beam-melts-cars
http://www.turkzconcept.com/2013/09/video-pics-london-skyscraper-that-melts.html
Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by stan4b(m): 1:13am On Sep 06, 2013
Thank God its nt melting human being. If na naija,my eastern guys go don turn am to business.

1 Like

Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by BabaEleko(m): 4:57am On Sep 06, 2013
If na for Naija, na to go set up kitchen near the building b dat. Cooking tins.

10 Likes

Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by pendusky(m): 5:14am On Sep 06, 2013
33.7 DEGREE CELSIUS CANT MELT ANYHNG, THEY MUST BE SOME OTHER THING THAT FOLLOWS! MAYBE THE THATS MAY BE ANOTHER INVENTION FROM THAT SCENE IF CAREFULY STUDIED.

6 Likes

Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by dridowu: 8:37am On Sep 06, 2013
Ok
Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 06, 2013
I was shocked the moment I saw this on BBC news. That building is possed by end time spirit

3 Likes

Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by 3ace(m): 9:52am On Sep 06, 2013
stan4b: Thank God its nt melting human being.
It can't melt human beings; it will fry them them. But humans can't be affected because we have the common sense to avoid that area unlike non living things. Can you survive such heat if you were tied there for 5 hours?

4 Likes

Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by Tolzeal(m): 11:47am On Sep 06, 2013
[quote author=pendusky]33.7 DEGREE CELSIUS CANT MELT ANYHNG, THEY MUST BE SOME OTHER THING THAT FOLLOWS! MAYBE THE THATS MAY BE ANOTHER INVENTION FROM THAT SCENE IF CAREFULY STUDIED.[quote]

1 Like

Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by stonemind(f): 3:16pm On Sep 07, 2013
if u are a team london click like

7 Likes

Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by stonemind(f): 3:17pm On Sep 07, 2013
if u are a teamLAGOS aKa lasgidi click like

20 Likes

Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by russianmob27: 3:18pm On Sep 07, 2013
If na 9ja get this kain thing, suya joint for done day beside the building, people wey dey roast boli sef go join instead of wasting money for charcoal, 9ja i hail ooo

6 Likes

Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by dimdim001(m): 3:19pm On Sep 07, 2013
Blessing in disguise...save ur gas & com cook by d road side smiley

2 Likes

Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by seedord247(m): 3:20pm On Sep 07, 2013
stone-mind:
i u are a teamLAGOS aKa lasgidi click like

Learn to spell right before begging for likes. undecided

11 Likes

Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 07, 2013

Hi, my name is Simon Ivan Andal, from Chechnya, and this is my comment:
`
Doesn't this pose as some sort of health hazard, or something?

4 Likes

Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by soloxxng: 3:22pm On Sep 07, 2013
what can i say wen things of this nature happens
Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by Cateryn: 3:22pm On Sep 07, 2013
How are people survivin around d buildin? Ds heat must b killin...
Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by ITbomb(m): 3:22pm On Sep 07, 2013
stan4b: Thank God its nt melting human being.
If you are given a free ticket to stand there for 2 hours , will you ?
Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by otijah(m): 3:23pm On Sep 07, 2013
russianmob27: If na 9ja get this kain thing, suya joint for done day beside the building, people wey dey roast boli sef go join instead of wasting money for charcoal, 9ja i hail ooo
o boy u go fear market for 9ja, corn roasters, suya sellers, akara and yam fryers, fast ffod joint go dey kwa etc I say u go fear market

2 Likes

Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by AkinDavid2: 3:24pm On Sep 07, 2013
I expect to read scientific interpretations in the comments but tah!! This is just what you get when you bring a magnifying glass out in the Sun. The rays of the sunlight are simply been converged and what do you have, heat which directly heat or melt anything in the area of convergence.

grin grin grin..Like all comments above, if it were to be in Nigeria, the headline would have been "Mysterious building that melts iron".

grin Save my head! grin grin

20 Likes

Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by penzino(m): 3:25pm On Sep 07, 2013
pendusky: 33.7 DEGREE CELSIUS CANT MELT ANYHNG, THEY MUST BE SOME OTHER THING THAT FOLLOWS! MAYBE THE THATS MAY BE ANOTHER INVENTION FROM THAT SCENE IF CAREFULY STUDIED.
Have u used a lens when u were a kid? To burn sometin? Dats what dat panes of glass does when it faces the sun directly. My opinion though

2 Likes

Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by otijah(m): 3:26pm On Sep 07, 2013
stone-mind:
i u are a teamLAGOS aKa lasgidi click like
all these like seekers needs to be banned for abt two weeks or months, MOD take note. To spell simple english u no fit

4 Likes

Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 07, 2013
hmmm, how can 33'degrees Celsius fry egg?. it gets hotter than that in the summer, may be there is magnifying glass on the building that converts the sun
Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 07, 2013
If only a torture cell can be made for those 'End time' kids on that particular site....
Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by Gbade60: 3:32pm On Sep 07, 2013
Na wa o, notin we no go see or hear
Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by 80million1: 3:33pm On Sep 07, 2013
Chineke!
Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by otijah(m): 3:36pm On Sep 07, 2013
Netz4: Uhhn
wetin b dis one kwanu, who signed dis one to NL
Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by 80million1: 3:36pm On Sep 07, 2013
platinumricky: .
see your life
Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by alaoeri: 3:36pm On Sep 07, 2013
When the end is near, una go see different kind of things.

1 Like

Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by otijah(m): 3:38pm On Sep 07, 2013
stone-mind:
if u are a team london click like
shame shame shame SHAME!!!!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Robert Mugabe Attends Graduation Ceremony At Open University Amid Army Takeover / 5 Facts About Dayton Mass Shooter, Connor Betts. / Largest Library In Marseille Burned Down By Rioters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.