Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,069 members, 7,821,673 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Legal Pistol In Nigeria - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Legal Pistol In Nigeria (8510 Views)

Sex Between Brothers And Sisters Should Be LEGAL, Says German Government’s Ethic / Conditions For Divorce In Christianity, and [Some Legal] Grounds for Annulment / Traditional And Church Wedding Wchich Is More Legal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Legal Pistol In Nigeria by Mrsmansson(f): 1:34am On Sep 06, 2013
For some reasons i dont want to talk much but how do i go about getting a legal gun in Nigeria.what and what do i have to do.this is no joke so i really need serious answers.thanks
Re: Legal Pistol In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:00am On Sep 06, 2013
Mrs Mansson ....may I ask 'why' if you don't mind?

My Dad almost got killed because of that gun in Nigeria ( long story) ...he still has it but I think it's just useless IMO... I mean , What's the point of owning a firearm when you can't even use it?? undecided

However if you need it for your safety which is a no brainer here....
Best bet is hire opc / armed men ( sss) to follow you everywhere unnoticed. Anybody who raises just a finger not to talk of a whole hand in your vicinity would get the beating of his/ her life. cool

I don't joke with life oh.. Too sweet to take forgranted.
Re: Legal Pistol In Nigeria by odeku457(m): 4:07am On Sep 06, 2013
Sorry but i don't have an answer...

Mrs mansson: For some reasons i dont want to talk much but how do i go about getting a legal gun in Nigeria.what and what do i have to do.this is no joke so i really need serious answers.thanks
Re: Legal Pistol In Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 5:31am On Sep 06, 2013
@OP,
(1) Make an application to the Commissioner of Police in your State of residence.

(2) The police will issue you with an application form that will require your bio-data.

Some of the pertinent information required are:
(i) Your full names
(ii) Address
(iii) Reasons for applying for the license
(iv) Date of Birth. Note here that guns are not issued to persons below thirty-five (35) years of age.

(3) Further required to accompany the application form is a medical report that confirms that the applicant’s sanity is normal.

(4) Another medical report is also required on the applicant’s chest. This is to protect the applicant from the sharp retraction that occurs when a gun is fired.

(5) Four (4) clear passport photograph of the applicant is also required.

(6) On obtaining your gun from the nearest gun dealer, prices vary depending on area of purchase; the police should normally register the serial number of the weapon.

(7) Upon a satisfactory appraisal of the application the license is issued in a booklet form, bearing one of the passport photographs of the applicant and carrying the stamp of the state police headquarters.

The dealers can also help you apply for or acquire one.Be careful though and watch your back smiley

12 Likes

Re: Legal Pistol In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:47am On Sep 06, 2013
Do we have gun dealers in Nigeria? Legal ones
Re: Legal Pistol In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:07am On Sep 06, 2013
The Poster above me has given you the Legal way,but I doubt the Nigerian Police will handle your request favourably or with expedience...so if you feel your life is in immediate Danger,hire one of the OPC People,or buy a gun off the black market,don't worry,the nigerian police has neither the technical capability nor motivation to investigate firearm crimes(depends on who you shoot sha) ,if its armed robbers,kidnappers or similar vermin,you can just say the gun is theirs wink.

Alternatively and probably the wisest options would be to get a non-lethal weapon that doesn't require registration,but is a very strong detterent to would-be attackers;think pepperspray,a taser or similar stuff,or you could learn some aikido or kung fu..I guess this depends on the category of baddos you are wary of.

But if you want to murder someone(I think that's unlikely cos you say you're seeking a legal one),maybe Mr mansson,please stop considering a Gun immediately and get a broom,pestle or something to teach him some sense grin

6 Likes

Re: Legal Pistol In Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 6:23am On Sep 06, 2013
koonbey: The Poster above me has given you the Legal way,but I doubt the Nigerian Police will handle your request favourably or with expedience...so if you feel your life is in immediate Danger,hire one of the OPC People,or buy a gun off the black market,don't worry,the nigerian police has neither the technical capability nor motivation to investigate firearm crimes(depends on who you shoot sha) ,if its armed robbers,kidnappers or similar vermin,you can just say the gun is theirs wink.

But if you want to murder someone(I think that's unlikely cos you say you're seeking a legal one),maybe Mr mansson,please stop considering it.
Keep your doubts to yourself !
You guys just come online to yarn dust.Have you tried it or you just want to yap away cos you've got free MB undecided

1 Like

Re: Legal Pistol In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:29am On Sep 06, 2013
ifyalways: Keep your doubts to yourself !
You guys just come online to yarn dust.Have you tried it or you just want to yap away cos you've got free MB undecided

My dear,no be fight,I appreciate the info you dropped,I even liked your Post.I just want OP to have the Spectrum of Options...suffice it so say that the data I use is very very far from "free", about having tried it before...no I haven't ,but suffice it also to say that I earnestly wish I had found a way to defend myself and my Family safe when it was necessary and not depend on the NPF.

3 Likes

Re: Legal Pistol In Nigeria by Mrsmansson(f): 7:43am On Sep 06, 2013
Hmmn ify thanks alot but the problem i would have is my age cos am below 35.
Re: Legal Pistol In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 06, 2013
Oh no problem : you can get it under the table too, am sure Ify will give you the low downs of DPOs as per non Internet Nigerian.

Just be careful and watch your back abi Ify?

... Na fidgeting and paranoia go kill person for Naija if person you carry a pistol.

#Just thinking out loud

Eesh
Re: Legal Pistol In Nigeria by Mrsmansson(f): 6:04pm On Sep 06, 2013
jidegirl12: Mrs Mansson ....may I ask 'why' if you don't mind?

My Dad almost got killed because of that gun in Nigeria ( long story) ...he still has it but I think it's just useless IMO... I mean , What's the point of owning a firearm when you can't even use it?? undecided

However if you need it for your safety which is a no brainer here....
Best bet is hire opc / armed men ( sss) to follow you everywhere unnoticed. Anybody who raises just a finger not to talk of a whole hand in your vicinity would get the beating of his/ her life. cool

I don't joke with life oh.. Too sweet to take forgranted.

Thanks for your concern.yeah i need it for my safety too but not just that alone and i wouldnt want NL's to take it personal when i state the other reason

1 Like

Re: Legal Pistol In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:45pm On Sep 06, 2013
Mrs mansson:

Thanks for your concern.yeah i need it for my safety too but not just that alone and i wouldnt want NL's to take it personal when i state the other reason

It is well..I keep one too , I'm just lil worried bout your safety because of risks associated with owing one outweighs .. you know what undecided

But it's your choice. Just Be careful smiley
Re: Legal Pistol In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 06, 2013
Wow! Seems our Nigerian sisters are more deadly than they look, lol. Jidegirl, I thought you were harmless, but you're packing a rod? shocked

Ify's write-up was very clear and concise. I wouldn't carry a firearm in Nigeria without going through the legal route. Someone here did suggest getting one through the "back door", but I would advise against that. Get caught by the NPF with an illegal firearm, they could very well treat you as an armed robber.

3 Likes

Re: Legal Pistol In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:05am On Sep 07, 2013
noted
ifyalways: @OP,
(1) Make an application to the Commissioner of Police in your State of residence.

(2) The police will issue you with an application form that will require your bio-data.

(i) Your full names
(ii) Address
(iv) Date of Birth. Note here that guns are not issued to persons below thirty-five (35) years of age.

(3) Further required to accompany the application form is a medical report that confirms that the applicant’s sanity is normal.

(4) Another medical report is also required on the applicant’s chest. This is to protect the applicant from the sharp retraction that occurs when a gun is fired.

(6) On obtaining your gun from the nearest gun dealer, prices vary depending on area of purchase; the police should normally register the serial number of the weapon.

(7) Upon a satisfactory appraisal of the application the license is issued in a booklet form, bearing one of the passport photographs of the applicant and carrying the stamp of the state police headquarters.

The dealers can also help you apply for or acquire one.Be careful though and watch your back smiley
Re: Legal Pistol In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 07, 2013
Hahaha Mr Sienna I'm harmless oh smiley... The thing is When you luxuriate in shooting as a hobby, you can't help but own a firearm too. ...It's in a safe combination custom box out of reach from every living thing.. I promise.

@Topic again.. Just found out you can't even acquire a pistol or a double barrel in Nigeria for private use..my Dad owns a Rudger-mini 14 kinda look since top loading VCR days. Let me spare you those days of horrors details he had to use it but almost turned unto tragedy. Hmmm
Re: Legal Pistol In Nigeria by kingthreat(m): 6:26am On Dec 11, 2013
Men this is serious issue.
There's so many threats from cultists, armed robbers, etc. We need guns. Everybody should have a right to self-defense.

2 Likes

Re: Legal Pistol In Nigeria by aventura: 9:38pm On Jan 03, 2014
I will never have anything to do with a gun carrying woman. After all the deadly women, couples who kill and nightmare next-door series wey I dey watch for DisID and Crime channel. Lie lie
Re: Legal Pistol In Nigeria by EMIOMOADEOYE: 10:36am On Feb 06, 2018
This is now a very relevant question.

In this day an age of rampaging Fulani Herdsmen and a government that doesn't give a fvck

Im thinking of getting a hand gun.

3 Likes

Re: Legal Pistol In Nigeria by unadeymadkwa: 6:36pm On Sep 20, 2020
nigerbridgeroad@protonmail.com can help
Re: Legal Pistol In Nigeria by WaterTheMonk(m): 7:41am On Sep 21, 2020
ifyalways:
@OP,

(i) Your full names
(ii) Address

funny.why do I think you have a cache of ammunition

1 Like

Re: Legal Pistol In Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 9:11pm On Sep 21, 2020
WaterTheMonk:
funny.why do I think you have a cache of ammunition
Come and confirm cheesy

1 Like

Re: Legal Pistol In Nigeria by WaterTheMonk(m): 1:03pm On Dec 12, 2020
ifyalways:

Come and confirm cheesy
Lol I will once I am certain I can accquire a bulletproof vest

(1) (Reply)

Women And Heavy Luggage! / Are You The Forgiving Type Or Do You Hold Grudges For A While? / I Married The Most Irresponsible Man Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.