Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

How Can I Solve This Problem In Android Device - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Can I Solve This Problem In Android Device (848 Views)

How To Watch DSTV Channels Live On Your Android Device / MTN Android Device Now Available? / How Can I Solve The Parsing Error On Ma Android Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Solve This Problem In Android Device by Nobody: 3:37am On Sep 06, 2013
Am using a T-Mobile sim unlocked HTC amaze 4g phone, immediately I bought it, I did unlock the bootloader, rooted and upgraded it to stock ics from the stock gingerbread it came with. After upgrading, I did flash the 4ext recovery, then rooted and now tried a few ics based custom Rom like the black ice, but now am in android hd revolution 4.0 for amaze 4g which have lasted for some time more than my other roms. I did notice some weird behavior this time around. After some time using the Rom, I start noticing that some of my apps do close suddenly or won't even start at all with the error message ''sorry but the app have closed'' app being the name of the app, now, my pictures can't be seen again and even my music player do say that my sd card have problems and won't load my music. When this do happen before I do reflash the Rom after wiping off everytn ie a clean installation and my phone comea back to normal and after some time the error happens again. I am like confused if this is a generic android phone problem, HTC phone generic problem, problem with my phone hardware or the Rom related problem? Like for like 1 week now, I've been having sorry but internet have closed error message, is this as a result of corrupt Rom file while downloading or did I do anytn wrong or omit anytn?
Re: How Can I Solve This Problem In Android Device by bedfordng(m): 9:32am On Sep 06, 2013
i always tell people this, when it comes to rooting and bootloader unlocking,the first thing you should do is to make a nandroid backup.first, did you make a nandroid backup of the stock rom that came with the phone when you rooted and install custom recovery, if yes, then try restore the backup.if no, then look for another rom like CMmod, aosp etc.some rom does not have all support for some android phone and thus lead to incompatibility issues such as sd card damage, galary viewing problem, camara, batter etc.so you just have to keep trying other roms and see which one work best for you.you dont just download rom and flash, read what works and what does not work in such roms.also after flashing a rom, also flash goog gaapp.
Re: How Can I Solve This Problem In Android Device by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 06, 2013
I did a nandroid backup, could it be that the custom Rom was corrupt while downloading it
Re: How Can I Solve This Problem In Android Device by bedfordng(m): 5:55pm On Sep 06, 2013
Movingcoil: I did a nandroid backup, could it be that the custom Rom was corrupt while downloading it
since u were able to flash it, then it did not corrupt,probably the rom is not compatible with your phone.try and restore back to nandroid backup and see if it would resolve the issues
Re: How Can I Solve This Problem In Android Device by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 06, 2013
Why not try and unbrick †he phone, download its original custom frame ware!!! Then you can do all your rotting and other stuff again but make a good back up!!! Try using Romtoolbox
Re: How Can I Solve This Problem In Android Device by sunnysunny(m): 11:54am On Dec 16, 2013
guys pls i need your help. i have rooted my htc sensation and have downloaded a custom rom of andriod os kitkat 4.4 which i was told in xda that it works fine. my only problem is how to unlock my bootloader. i want a easy method. please help!

(1) (Reply)

Download And Use Your Bbm On Android Before 25th / Buyers Of Phone In Chyzon Stores In Kaduna Should Beware! / Ipad Running Slow? Learn How To Make It Run New Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.