Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Keshi: Mba Lied Against Me On Bastia Deal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi: Mba Lied Against Me On Bastia Deal (1080 Views)

PSG Calls For Life Ban On Bastia's Brandao Who Headbutted Thiago Motta / Chan Eagles – Mba Leaves Camp For Bastia, Could Miss Chan Tournament / Sharing Formula Stalled Sunday Mba’s Move To CA Bastia (french Ligue 2 Club) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keshi: Mba Lied Against Me On Bastia Deal by nickxtra(m): 12:49pm On Sep 06, 2013
Nigeria’s coach Stephen Keshi has dismissed claims that he had anything to do with Sunday Mba’s proposed move to AC Bastia. The Warri Wolves player was believed to be on his way to the Ligue 2 club only to see his dream move to a European club stall at the final hurdle.

Reports in Nigeria alleged that the 25-year-old’s move did not materialise because of a disagreement between Keshi and Warri Wolves boss Amaju Pinnick over how the transfer fee would be shared.

Keshi has, however, denied any involvement in the scuppered deal and insists he is mostly surprised that Mba did not seal his move to the Corsica club.

“I have absolutely no idea about what this is all about,” Keshi told SuperSport. “My attention was called to the story and I am as baffled by the insinuations of it all. This story has all the hallmarks of people sponsored to cause disharmony in the camp so that we will fail and then Keshi will be blamed.

"It is still a matter of great surprise to me that there are people charged with our football that would rather the team failed first."

Mba, along with the rest of the Super Eagles squad are currently based in a very rainy Calabar as they prepare for their crucial World Cup Qualifier with Malawi and Keshi insists the team is fully focused on getting a good result.

"Everyone in camp is determined, no distractions of any kind at all mentally," the AFCON-winning manager added.

"Only thing we are praying is that it stops raining because it has been raining for the past two days and heavily too.". My vervict: does this reveal to us that National team coaches are indirectly involved in transfer of players in the national teams? Air your view, please.
Re: Keshi: Mba Lied Against Me On Bastia Deal by liloelawwal(m): 12:59pm On Sep 06, 2013
what about all the talk about 19 clubs going after him Am yet to fathom y he is stil in nigeria after is superlative performance in d nations cup.
Did i hear u say league 2??
D deal staled??
am lost
Re: Keshi: Mba Lied Against Me On Bastia Deal by stonemind(f): 1:33pm On Sep 06, 2013
jeeeeeeez the end is near, if u are a team #endTIME pls click like
Re: Keshi: Mba Lied Against Me On Bastia Deal by ukukaegbu(m): 7:07pm On Sep 07, 2013
Keshi's defence is not strong enough. He spent much time talking about his preparation for the Malawi game instead of addressing the allegation.
Re: Keshi: Mba Lied Against Me On Bastia Deal by soundtruth(m): 7:55pm On Sep 07, 2013
Mba should use his head, which one come be ligue 2 again?
Re: Keshi: Mba Lied Against Me On Bastia Deal by andyanders: 9:45pm On Sep 07, 2013
Maybe that was why he was not included in today's game.
Re: Keshi: Mba Lied Against Me On Bastia Deal by babyboy3(m): 8:17am On Sep 08, 2013
Keshi an his dealings players transfer, wasnt he sacked from the Togolese job just because he poked his nose in the transfer move of adebayor from Monaco to Arsenal

(1) (Reply)

Keshi Remains Super Eagles Coach, Insists Chris Giwa Led Nff. / Victor Moses Should Be "Ashamed Of Himself" And Punished!! / GEJ Orders Keshi's Reinstatement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.