Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,779 members, 7,817,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

We Will Explore Nigeria's Weakness-Malawi's Coach Saintfiet - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / We Will Explore Nigeria's Weakness-Malawi's Coach Saintfiet (483 Views)

Malawi National Football Team Coach "Saintfiet" Quits After Loss To Nigeria. / Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' / Tom Saintfiet, A Belgian Is Super Eagles Tech Director For $20k Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Will Explore Nigeria's Weakness-Malawi's Coach Saintfiet by Krasid(m): 2:59pm On Sep 06, 2013
The Belgian has stated that it will take a miracle for the flames to defeat the more established super eagles in Calabar but they are willing to take their chances.

Malawi technical adviser Tom Saintfiet has said his team will go into saturday's 2014 World cup qualifier against Nigeria as underdogs.

The Belgian also declared that his team will expect a miracle to happen in order to beat the African champions.

Saintfiet spoke to the media at the Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja as his team boarded their Arik Air flight to Calabar on Thursday.

The flight was however delayed for almost two hours due to visibility problems.

"I am very satisfied with my squad", Saintfiet said."The present team is full of young players who are ready to play in the tactical way we want them to play.Every team needs a bit of luck.The team is ready to play and I think we can recover from the flight in the next 48 hours"

"The match against the Super Eagles is not a do or die affair for us.We have prepared well for this match and have equal chance of winning the game.I believe the pressure is on Nigeria.But we will try and surprise everybody by playing a great game against Nigeria on Saturday.

"Nigeria are the champions of Africa.They are a very strong squad selected by Coach Stephen Keshi.He selected avery strong team comprising of good players from Europe and local based players too.It is going to be very difficult for us.The Nigerian team has a lot of strength and quality in front of goal and are very good in the air and they can score from set pieces too.

"Despite this, the Nigerian team also has some weakness and we are going to use that against them," Saintfiet disclosed.
http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4093/nigeria/2013/09/05/4241009/we-hope-to-explore-nigerias-weaknesses-on-saturday-says-

(1) (Reply)

Coach Of The Malawi National Team Quits After Loss To Nigeria........ / South Africa Inflict More Pains On Fans / sex life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.