Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,171 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

Tips For Having Your ‘WOW’ Website. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Tips For Having Your ‘WOW’ Website. (506 Views)

Make Money Online Without Having Your Own Website Or Blog / Making N82,000 Monthly Is More Than Having Your Own Website / Interested In Having Your Wedding Site?its Very Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tips For Having Your ‘WOW’ Website. by dabraska: 4:38pm On Sep 06, 2013
Your website is your online brand profile. This means that your online brand profile is open to almost 50 million Nigerians and over 1 billion people in the world. As a brand, you will need to develop that website that will dazzle and catch the attention of potential customers. Here are things you should retain at the back of your minds;

Online attention span is REALLY low: With millions of websites in the online space, an average user wants to be able to browse through and look for variety. So, you need to provide that little ‘extra’ to be able to retain the online fans.
Success Stories and Browsing pattern with respect to region: We understand that you want to make your website unique. But we advise that you critically study the most visited websites in the region you operate. This gives you an idea of the browsing pattern of people in that region and things you can learn from them to improve upon and make your website even better. Here’s what we think about getting a foreigner to recommend and develop websites in Nigeria; NO! It’s an epic fail. Except the foreigner has studied the market in that particular region.
Have Social Media Accounts and link them: As a brand, if you aren’t on the Social Media, I’m sorry but you aren’t in business. It’s just a matter of time before you fade out. So, develop Social Media accounts and have icons on your website.
Every page matters: This is SO important. I can’t over-stress the importance of this. Six or seven years ago, the homepage was the ultimate page of every website. Don’t get me wrong, it still is. But with the emergence of the Social Media icons and redirects, less attention is paid to the homepage. Most websites around have more traffic to other pages on the website as a result of links from their Social Media page.
Pictures and Videos: Haven’t you noticed that we are not the ‘texty-reading’ kind of people in this part of the world? A picture tells a thousand words. So, instead of accruing paragraphs of long and boring (No matter the information in it, it’s still boring) texts, replace them with simple pictures and videos. They take less space and are easy to view. Also, they are very great for getting interactions.
Mobile Friendly: 70 percent of the whole Nigerian population are mobile users with about 30 percent using smartphones. That is huge! A mobile phone is the world’s most personal device. Optimize your website for mobile phones. Decision makers really do not have time to scroll and zoom to properly view your website. Have a mobile version of your website handy.

http://digicraft.ng/blog/63-tips-for-having-your-wow-website.html

(1) (Reply)

Site For Sele (cheap) / Help On CIW Certification / How Do I Advertise On My Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.