Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,077 members, 7,828,793 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (260) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs (2581201 Views)

110, 181 Apply For 2000 Slots In Teaching Service - TESCOM / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (1042) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 11:04am On Aug 07, 2015
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Donmarshal11: 12:02pm On Aug 07, 2015
A friend of mine that attended Chrisland recruitment test for class educators on Wednesday briefed me on the questions asked so I would like to share the ones he told me and listen to your contributions in order for others to learn from.
He said they were asked to answer 5 out of 7 but the following are the ones he could remember.

1. How do you justify the inclusion of Evaluation in your subject area.

2. How have you handled behavioral management with examples.

3. How do you teach with multimedia?

4. How do you keep your students involved in your lesson?

5. If 50% failed a test what are you going to do.

6. What are the qualities pupils expects from their teachers?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 12:22pm On Aug 07, 2015
Donmarshal11:
A friend of mine that attended Chrisland recruitment test for class educators on Wednesday briefed me on the questions asked so I would like to share the ones he told me and listen to your contributions in order for others to learn from.
He said they were asked to answer 5 out of 7 but the following are the ones he could remember.

1. How do you justify the inclusion of Evaluation in your subject area.

2. How have you handled behavioral management with examples.

3. How do you teach with multimedia?

4. How do you keep your students involved in your lesson?

5. If 50% failed a test what are you going to do.

6. What are the qualities pupils expects from their teachers?

Oga Dr. Avicky
Kendraloops
Peybuttons
Utchvikky
Ravenackar
Evasthyst
Manie
Mr.Olai
Goldern Dr.
LaurelP
Jrosy
OlaJumoke12
Islamics
Morrygreat
Bettydee
Upload111
Artistically art
Talk2yommex2000
Ivoryd1
Pdemand
Tolulopevoice
Toluls
Chrisdenis01
Captaindo
Omawunmie85
Engrcharlesid
Chukuma101
Oluemmakay
Funminicrown
Akanduteenah
Afynwa
Enimoney
Eniluv
Paramount123
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by omawunmie85: 2:35pm On Aug 07, 2015
I can take nursery classes effectively ooo.
Sunnypar:

Do you take primary school pupils?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 07, 2015
Sunnypar:
°Mankind needs come in large packages, true progress come in small doses

°Strength comes from trouble over struggles

°Work does not kill, Lack of work kills

°Plan as if you will live forever, work as if you will die today and pray as if your life depends on it.

°It is more important to live in good health

Nobody wins a trophy who has not first won a fight, contest, competition or some sort of challenge, and only those who have come out of their challenges victorious have a right to a testimony.
As a teacher, the call to fight for your dream, ambition is the one you should embrace with joy. - Late Pastor Bimbo Odukoya.
Nice one
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 07, 2015
@Donmarshal11 let me try.
1. It is to ascertain if the student comprehends the topic properly.
2. I do not know about this.
3. I have not taught with it before but I do not think it different from whiteboard the only difference is the introduction of gadgets such as laptop, projector e.t.c
4. Constantly asking them questions, classwork and assignments
5. I will look at the questions I have given to understand if indeed they understood the questions I asked in the test and ask the affected students reasons for their inability to answer the questions and further explain how to answer such questions.
6. Discipline, committed, dedicated, sympathetic, tolerance and understanding.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Larry37(m): 3:47pm On Aug 07, 2015
artisticallyart:
grin Kereje
Yes now
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 07, 2015
The Champions Coalition Job fair 2015.
The Champions Coalition is the youth arm of Wordbase Assembly Inc. It is a non denominational Christian ministry head quartered in Lagos. Their primary objective is the development of young viral minds who can be gainfully engaged in purposeful pursuit, that will both enrich their lives and add value to society as a whole.

This objective is in line with the job fair themed "New Vision, New Opportunities" which will be coming up on the 22nd of August 2015. at Wordbase Assembly Headquarters, 12 Dr faseun avenue, Ago palace way, Okota Isolo, Lagos. time 9:00am prompt.

The fair will serve as a platform to expose the youth population within and around the environs to the numerous opportunities that abound in our evolving economy, and also re-position them to plug into them. This fair will create a recruitment platform , that will bring employers and potential employees together, highly placed entrepreneurs, business men and women, plus numerous business opportunities, all under one roof.

Participation at this fair is ABSOLUTELY FREE!!! Organisations (recruitment firms, HR depts. etc) will be given special units,
Mini interviews will be conducted on d spot,
C.vs will be accepted by numerous organisations,
Inspirational workshop for entrepreneurs by seasoned speakers
Question and answer sessions
Teachings on numerous business ideas that are available in our evolving economy.
and so much more...

Come with copies of your updated c.vs, writing material, and dress corporately To be part of this great event, register online via this link,

http://www.eventsbot.com/events/eb847025467

print out the e-ticket, and come along with it to the venue. .

Once again, this awesome opportunity will be coming up on the 22nd of August 2015.
at Wordbase Assembly Headquarters,
12 Dr faseun avenue, Century bustop
Ago palace way, Okota Isolo, Lagos.
time 9:00am prompt.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 07, 2015
Graduate Internship Opportunity with Freedom Foundation Nigeria

Freedom Foundation is looking for a graduate intern to come and assist us establish a robust monitoring and evaluation system for our

programs. This will be a paid 3-month internship program.

Freedom Foundation works in the field of rehabilitation, education and empowerment. We run four programs as follows:

Genesis House: A rehabilitation program for women and young girls who have been victims of sex trafficking, sexual exploitation and/or engaged in commercial sex work. We reach out to poor urban communities and bring in girls to undertake a 9 – 18 month rehabilitation program.

House of Refuge: This is our program that deals with addiction and substance abuse. This includes a detox centre as well as a 6 month rehabilitation program.

We expect the intern to perform an initial assessment of current M&E practices and conduct a benchmark study of similar programs and their performance. The intern will also define parameters and metrics to measure the programs using different statistical tools and research methods. He/she would develop standard templates, recommend types of studies to evaluate the programs, and frequency of reporting given the nature of the programs.

Expected Deliverables:

Baseline assessment of the Foundation and its programs
Benchmarking report
Templates for data collection
Manual for monitoring and evaluation in Freedom Foundation
Locations

8b Wole Olateju, Off Admiralty Way, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos, Lagos State, Nigeria
Other Details

Hours per week 40
Compensation Pension
Pay 50k
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 07, 2015
GoldenDr:
2. I do not know about this
3. I have not taught with it before but I do not think it different from whiteboard the only difference is the introduction of gadgets such as laptop, projector e.t.c
5. I will look at the questions I have given to understand if indeed they understood the questions I asked in the test and ask the affected students reasons for their inability to answer the questions and further explain how to answer such questions.
GoldenDr:
GoldenDr:

These are practical questions.
An education graduate should please answer.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by ravensckar(m): 4:58pm On Aug 07, 2015
kendraloops:

But how's he supposed to get the experience without teaching? Every experienced teacher started out inexperienced.
Don't get sentimental, that's not the point. My point is that it's ethically wrong for a school management to saddle an inexperienced teacher with senior secondary job. Just as it's not advisable for a fresh graduate to accept such suicidal offer.

Senior secondary students are known to be very assertive, and sometimes insolent. How will an inexperienced teacher cope with that?
Has he been faced with such dicey situation before? Moreso, the word 'inexperience' is not an insult. It simply means the person hasn't been saddled with such responsibility before. Or hasn't worked in that capacity.

See, it's best that an inexperienced teacher begin his career with junior students who are less assertive & less indisciplined. Those who argue with sentiments wouldn't really get the salient point I'm trying to raise here. But trust me, the experienced teachers know better.

Finally, Only mushroom schools can take such gamble of assigning a class as sensitive as senior secondary to an inexperienced teacher. Honestly, it's a suicide mission.

Shalom!

3 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 07, 2015
ravensckar:
Don't get sentimental, that's not the point. My point is that it's ethically wrong for a school management to saddle an inexperienced teacher with senior secondary job. Just as it's not advisable for a fresh graduate to accept such suicidal offer.

Senior secondary students are known to be very assertive, and sometimes insolent. How will an inexperienced teacher cope with that?
Has he been faced with such dicey situation before? Moreso, the word 'inexperience' is not an insult. It simply means the person hasn't been saddled with such responsibility before. Or hasn't worked in that capacity.

See, it's best that an inexperienced teacher begin his career with junior students who are less assertive & less indisciplined. Those who argue with sentiments wouldn't really get the salient point I'm trying to raise here. But trust me, the experienced teachers know better.

Finally, Only mushroom schools can take such gamble of assigning a class as sensitive as senior secondary to an inexperienced teacher. Honestly, it's a suicide mission.

Shalom!
Yes, it is a suicide mission, but I think if you are a no-nonsense person it would not be hard to handle such class on the other hand, I know of experienced teachers that cannot handle senior class.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 07, 2015
Ferscoat International School is a reputable school that is based in
Ipaja, Lagos. The school currently requires the services of qualified and
experienced personnel in the areas listed below.

TEACHING STAFF
1. English Language / Literature in English
2. Mathematics
3. Computer
4. Islamic Religion Studies
5. Igbo
6. Basic Technology
7. Technical drawing
8. Visual /Creative Arts

NON-TEACHING STAFF
9. Librarian
10. Account officer
Requirements for positions 1-8
• First degree in the teaching subject (preferably in Education)
A Post-Graduate diploma in Education for non- education degree holders
will be an added advantage.
• Candidates must have at least 3years experience in the teaching of the subject.
Requirements for positions 9 and 10
First degree in Library Science for position 9 and Accountancy for position 10
Candidates must have at least 3-years experience.
NOTE: Candidate residing outside Ipaja and its environ should not border to apply.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates should send their CVs to the e-mail below: recruitments@ferscoat.com
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 07, 2015
We have a vacancy for anan SAT/TOEFL/GRE instructor that will train candidates at our woji office.

Even if you have not taught all of them before we are willing to consider applicants with any teaching experience in English and Math.

The person must have fluent Computer literacy skills.

If this is you please forward your resume to us info@showersedu.com

Please include the subject SAT / TOEFL / GRE Instructor prospective candidates will be contacted by phone

You can also come in person and apply visit our website www.showershumanedu.com/contact-us for our
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by kendraloops(f): 6:00pm On Aug 07, 2015
ravensckar:

Has he been faced with such dicey situation before? Moreso, the word 'inexperience' is not an insult.

Shalom!

Yea, I get you now. Someone pointed out something I missed in your 1st post and I totally agree with you now.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 07, 2015
Hello house i got ds today...

You are invited to Pierre Consulting for a job test @63a,Capitol road,Car-wash Bus-stop,Agege Bye-Pass.Time 10:30am prompt. Date: Tuesday 11/08/2015.Please come with your credentials. Call these numbers for more Info 08168505572, 08026023183.

I hope this is GNLD..
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 07, 2015
Sunshine International High School, Ibadan, requires the services of qualified and highly experienced candidates to fill the position below:

Job Title: Art Teacher

Requirements
Interested candidates must be experienced in phonics, and the Montessori method of teaching are also needed in the Nursery and Primary Schools.
Applicants must be computer literate.
Application Closing Date
12th August, 2015.

Written Interview Date
Thursday 13th August, 2015 by 9.00am

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications to: sunshinerecruitment2@gmail.com
Or submit to:
Sunshine International High School,
NTC Road,
Oke Bola,
Ibadan,
Oyo State.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 07, 2015
Sunshine International High School, Ibadan, requires the services of qualified and highly experienced candidates to fill the position below:

Job Title: Science, Commercial and Art Teachers

Requirements
Interested candidates must be experienced in phonics, and the Montessori method of teaching are also needed in the Nursery and Primary Schools.
Application Closing Date
12th August, 2015.

Written Interview Date

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications to: sunshinerecruitment2@gmail.com
Or submit to:
NTC Road,
Oke Bola,
Ibadan,
Oyo State.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 07, 2015

Job Title: English Language Teacher

Requirements
Application Closing Date
12th August, 2015.

Written Interview Date

Method of Application
Or submit to:
NTC Road,
Oke Bola,
Ibadan,
Oyo State.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Engrcharlesid(m): 6:24pm On Aug 07, 2015
beeola7:
Hello house i got ds today...

You are invited to Pierre Consulting for a job test @63a,Capitol road,Car-wash Bus-stop,Agege Bye-Pass.Time 10:30am prompt. Date: Tuesday 11/08/2015.Please come with your credentials. Call these numbers for more Info 08168505572, 08026023183.

I hope this is GNLD..
did u read d topic of dis thread
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 07, 2015
Engrcharlesid:
did u read d topic of dis thread
grin. Who ask for direction do not get lost.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 07, 2015
Hallmark University, a Federal Republic of Nigeria Government licensed University established by the Vivian Fowler Trust Foundation, is the culmination of the ideas, experiences and vision of Chief Dr. (Mrs.) Leila Fowler, the force behind the Foundation.
Hallmark University is situated on a 110-hectare parcel of land in Ijebu-Itele along the Shagamu-Ore expressway in Ogun State, Nigeria.

Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions below:

1.) Horticulturist II

2.) Assistant Coach

3.) Security Officer II

4.) Senior Architect

5.) Higher Technical Officer

6.) System Analyst/HEO

7.) Web Technician

8.) Principal Engineer

9.) Network Programmer

10.) Laboratory Scientist

11.) Graduate Nursing Officer

12.) Graduate Medical Officers II

13.) Graduate Laboratory Assistant

14.) Graduate Technologist II

15.) Graduate Medical Officers I

16.) Graduate Library Officer

17.) Higher Library Officer

18.) Higher Executive Officer (Internal Audit)

19.) Senior Internal Auditor

20.) Graduate Office Assistant

21.) Graduate Executive Officer (Bursary)

22.) Graduate Clerical Officer

23.) Graduate Accountant II

24.) Graduate Accountant I

25.) Confidential Secretary II

26.) Confidential Secretary I

27.) Personal Secretary II

28.) Senior Accountant

29.) Graduate Executive Officer (Registry)

30.) Higher Executive Officers (Registry)

31.) Graduate Administrative Officers I

32.) Graduate Administrative Officer II

33.) Assistant Registrar

34.) Bursar

35.) Graduate Assistant Lecturers (Zoology)

36.) Graduate Assistant Lecturers (Physics)

37.) Graduate Assistant Lecturers (Industrial Chemistry)

38.) University Librarian

39.) Graduate Assistant Lecturers (Information & Communication)

40.) Graduate Assistant Lecturers (Computer Science)

41.) Librarian II

42.) Graduate Assistant Lecturers (Biochemistry)

43.) Graduate Assistant Lecturers (Marketing)

44.) Graduate Assistant Lecturers (Economics)

45.) Lecturer II (Zoology)

46.) Lecturer II (Physics)

47.) Graduate Assistant Lecturers (Business Administration)

48.) Graduate Assistant Lecturers (Banking & Finance)

49.) Lecturer II (Industrial Chemistry)

50.) Lecturer II (Information & Communication)

51.) Graduate Assistant Lecturers (Accounting)

52.) Lecturer II (Computer Science)

53.) Lecturer II (Biochemistry)

54.) Lecturer II (Marketing)

55.) Lecturer II (Economics)

56.) Lecturer II (Business Administration)

57.) Lecturer II (Banking & Finance)

58.) Lecturer II (Accounting)

59.) Lecturer I (Accounting)

60.) Lecturer I (Banking & Finance)

61.) Lecturer I (Business Administration)

62.) Lecturer I (Economics)

63.) Lecturer I (Marketing)

64.) Lecturer I (Biochemistry)

65.) Senior Lecturers (Accounting)

66.) Lecturer I (Computer Science)

67.) Senior Lecturers (Banking & Finance)

68.) Lecturer I (Information & Communication)

69.) Senior Lecturers (Business Administration)

70.) Lecturer I (Industrial Chemistry)

71.) Senior Lecturers (Economics)

72.) Senior Lecturers (Marketing)

73.) Lecturer I (Physics)

74.) Senior Lecturers (Biochemistry)

75.) Senior Lecturers (Computer Science)

76.) Lecturer I (Zoology)

77.) Senior Lecturers (Information & Communication)

78.) Senior Lecturers (Industrial Chemistry)

79.) Senior Lecturers (Physics)

80.) Senior Lecturers (Zoology)

81.) Readers (Zoology)

82.) Readers (Physics)

83.) Readers (Industrial Chemistry)

84.) Readers (Information & Communication)

85.) Professor (Zoology)

86.) Professor (Physics)

87.) Readers (Computer Science)

88.) Professor (Industrial Chemistry)

89.) Readers (Biochemistry)

90.) Professor (Information & Communication)

91.) Professor (Computer Science)

92.) Readers (Marketing)

93.) Professor (Biochemistry)

94.) Professor (Marketing)

95.) Professor (Economics)

96.) Readers (Economics)

97.) Professor (Business Administration)

98.) Professor (Banking & Finance)

99.) Readers (Business Administration)

100.) Professor (Accounting)

101.) Readers (Banking & Finance)

102.) Readers (Accounting)

103.) Clerk

Requirement
Candidates must possess relevant qualification in a similar field.

Remuneration
Hallmark University runs a unique remuneration package (HUTISS) which is comparable to what obtains in other tertiary institutions.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit 20 type-written copies of their applications and Curriculum Vitae, giving information in the following format:

Full names with surname in capitals
Date of birth, town and state of origin
Nationality
Current postal address including GSM telephone number and E-mail address
Permanent home address
Marital status
Names and ages of children
Institutions attended with dates
Academic qualifications
List of publications in details
Working experience
Present employment, status, salary and employer
Extra-curricular activities
Names and addresses of 3 referees, who should forward their reports under confidential cover directly to the "Registrar, Hallmark Univeristy, Ijebu-Itele".

Applications should be submitted under confidential cover in seated envelopes marked: "Post of (Job Title)" to:

The Registrar,
Hallmark University,
Ijebu-Itele,
Ogun State.

Application Deadline Thursday, 3rd September, 2015
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Engrcharlesid(m): 6:41pm On Aug 07, 2015
GoldenDr:
grin. Who ask for direction do not get lost.
gbam
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 07, 2015
Ooops sowi. I hope is not GNLD..
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by ngjpub: 7:41pm On Aug 07, 2015
Positivist:
Is any payment attached to such submission?

Not at all.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Yem0350: 9:12pm On Aug 07, 2015
"e author=GoldenDr post=36713655]Hallmark University, a Federal Republic of Nigeria Government licensed University established by the Vivian Fowler Trust Foundation, is the culmination of the ideas, experiences and vision of Chief Dr. (Mrs.) Leila Fowler, the force behind the Foundation.
Hallmark University is situated on a 110-hectare parcel of land in Ijebu-Itele along the Shagamu-Ore expressway in Ogun State, Nigeria.

Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions below:

Applications should be submitted under confidential cover in seated envelopes marked: "Post of (Job Title)" to:

The Registrar,
Hallmark University,
Ijebu-Itele,
Ogun State.

Application Deadline Thursday, 3rd September, 2015[/quote]"
Pls note: Deadline is Aug 18
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 07, 2015
islamics:

With regard to this post: it was a multi level marketing stuff. Alliance in Motion. No real feedback in that case.
Gaskiya the thing vex me but the search continues.
Thank you.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Donmarshal11: 10:23pm On Aug 07, 2015
GoldenDr:
2. I do not know about this.
nice try but its alot more than those answers you gave.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Phemtemconsult: 11:15pm On Aug 07, 2015
Hello!
Am pleased to introduce our "Bulk Document Printing Service" to you.
We possess great machines capable of printing clearly at Jet speed, as many as your document.

Contact us for your document printing today!
1. Proposals
2. Projects/research works
3. Assignments
4. School questions e.t.c

Fast and Clear printing
Pick up & Delivery available

As low as 5naira per page

Call / whatsapp me today: 08125754333 (Oluwafemi)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by talk2yommex2000(m): 8:15am On Aug 08, 2015
islamics:

With regard to this post: it was a multi level marketing stuff. Alliance in Motion. No real feedback in that case.
Gaskiya the thing vex me but the search continues.

Na wa o
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by islamics(m): 12:38pm On Aug 08, 2015
Before I forget: yesterday I saw a poster looking for teachers with the name Top Star Academy asking applicants to call 08165008122. I saw the poster around Federal Secretariat side.
Somebody might want to give it a trial.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (1042) (Reply)

Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.