Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs (2576749 Views)

110, 181 Apply For 2000 Slots In Teaching Service - TESCOM / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (1041) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 8:39pm On Aug 18, 2015
coolhamid:
Good day peepz, I salute every one on this thread.. Goldendr, sunnypar, upload111 , you guyz are wonderful.. May God continue to uplift you guys..

I currently teach mathematics in a private school around my area but the pay is not motivating..
Please how can i get the links to private schools on the Island ? Should i just pay a random visit to schools on the island because presently i abule egba.
Have got passion for teaching mathematics and i will appreciate it if people can guide me on how to secure teaching job on the island..

One love..

When u are going for schools on the island, how much exactly are u looking at?? From abule-egba to d island means u gotta b up and take off as early as 4:30am.. And if the amount isn't dat high "say like 70k" then I would say it isn't worth it.. Around abule-egba or close ..you can get scholls dat would pay as high as 60k even 55k close to ur residence ,I wud say its cool.. U can jus maintain there while ur upgrade urself in-terms of ur qualification.. I know schools like doregos at ipaja would not go below 50k for starting a graduate.. There is dis really big sch too I know at iju "providence" or so..I can't really remember d name..I am sure u can sling 60k or above there..
Jus my suggestion tho.. U may still give schools on d island a shot though.. But when negotiatin consider transport and time ,, also include stress from okada to danfo etc.. Before u agree on a salary package.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 8:42pm On Aug 18, 2015
baba11:
...replied now!
Okay
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by LaurelP(m): 8:43pm On Aug 18, 2015
manie:

Will you be taking Chemistry, Maths and Physics in SS1, SS2 and SS3?

How many streams of SS1, SS2 and SS3 do they have in the school?
.........................................................................................................................................................................

Chemistry in SS classes is 4 periods per week, Physics is also 4 periods per week, Maths is 5 periods per week.(recommended periods allocation)

If you are taking Maths, Physics and Chemistry in SS 1 to SS3, you will have a total of 39 periods per week. Are you sure you can handle this?

At my 3rd teaching job, I taught Economics, Commerce, Business Studies, Basic Science and Civics, from JSS1 to SS3. And my pay was........wait for it........35k only! I can't even remember how many periods I was taking, I just know I never rested 8am to 4pm.
I believe he can handle it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 8:43pm On Aug 18, 2015
cecekim:
Pls add me to the group, I've sent you a pm
Added
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by adetoks19(m): 8:46pm On Aug 18, 2015
artisticallyart:
Royal Milton college is in need of a good qualified teachers in this various subject;
MATHEMATICS TEACHER
ECONOMICS TEACHER
BIOLOGY TEACHER
PHYSICS TEACHER
CHEMISTRY TEACHER
C.R.S TEACHER
Also in need of;
DRIVERS
SECURITY
SECRETARY.
Qualified candidate should send their CV's to syndicateresources@outlook.com
Pls where is this school located?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 9:02pm On Aug 18, 2015
LaurelP:

At my 3rd teaching job, I taught Economics, Commerce, Business Studies, Basic Science and Civics, from JSS1 to SS3. And my pay was........wait for it........35k only! I can't even remember how many periods I was taking, I just know I never rested 8am to 4pm.

There can never be efficiency and productivity in such a school, are you sure that is not one of the schools where teachers are expected to assist students during external exams.

4 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 9:08pm On Aug 18, 2015
LaurelP:

Nothing spoil! Tell them that having researched the average pay for schools in their category, you've come to realise that it is within the range of.....(Insert your desired salary). Emphasize your experience and ability to do the job well. Then listen and get ready to renegotiate.

Renegotiate what, when you will teach 39 periods out of the official 40 periods per week. When will he prepare his lesson plans, mark assignments, mark classworks, grade project works, prepare for practicals and fieldtrips, carry out his own research and finally have time and peace of mind to plan for his own future.

No wonder real learning is no longer taking place in most of our schools.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 18, 2015
manie:

There can never be efficiency and productivity in such a school, are you sure that is not one of the schools where teachers are expected to assist students during external exams.
My thoughts too.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 18, 2015
Am really happy you are standing up for "us", giving us in depth and insight about this noble profession as a result of years on the " field ".
M-Masterfully
A- Advising
N- Nairalanders about
I- Investment and
E- Education.
Boss Manie.
manie:

Renegotiate what, when you will teach 39 periods out of the official 40 periods per week. When will he prepare his lesson plans, mark assignments, mark classworks, grade project works, prepare for practicals and fieldtrips, carry out his own research and finally have time and peace of mind to plan for his own future.

5 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 9:27pm On Aug 18, 2015
yemmybx:
Thanks for dat. Am not unemployed, i was only searching for a greener pastures. I wants to move to the next level.

You talked about creating value to the organization after employment, yes to be candid the management, the entire staff and my students from JSS 1-SS3 will miss me wen i resign from my position in the school, meaning that i have done something positive.

Am a man i want to leave my comfort zone as a great men on this forum do say, "LEAVE YOUR COMFORT ZONE". Thanks @ GOLDENDr. am still waiting for the list of schools dat pays beyond 25-35k in IGANDO pls. U are a great man like me

The most important thing is to create value to your organisation and students, these will positively affect you. You also need to be creative and innovative with the value creation.

................................................................................................................................................

How many awards have your students won in your area, local government, state and Nigeria.

Since you have been teaching English or Yoruba, how many essay competitions, debates and quiz competition have you organised in your school? How many inter-school competitions have your students competed in.

How many essays or articles have your students contributed in teenagers magazines or children columns in the national dailies like Punch, Vangaurd etc.

How often have you written published articles on literacy, education, politic, economy etc in National dailies.
....................................................................................................................................................................

My brother when you do some of the things outlined here you will not be looking for high paying schools but rather schools will be competing to hire you.

A youngman who used to write articles in Punch and vanguard some few years ago, would write his name, e-mail address, profession and name of his school at the end of each article.

Eg, Johnson teaches Yoruba at Kerege High School Ifo Ogun State.

The last time I called the guy he is now working in the corporate affairs department of one of the quoted companies on NSE, his writings created visibility and opportunity for him.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 18, 2015
LaurelP:

Nothing spoil! Tell them that having researched the average pay for schools in their category, you've come to realise that it is within the range of.....(Insert your desired salary). Emphasize your experience and ability to do the job well. Then listen and get ready to renegotiate.
Hustler lo omo la'ti ile.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Larry37(m): 9:31pm On Aug 18, 2015
LaurelP:

"kereje school" grin

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by LaurelP(m): 9:32pm On Aug 18, 2015
manie:

Are you just realizing it now?
As crazy as it may sound, many teachers take 5 subjects for the whole secondary section. These are not so financially strong or organized schools
who are more concerned about covering all the subject while cutting costs.
If you're not fit, you're shown the way out and another who is willing employed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Ronie24(f): 9:33pm On Aug 18, 2015
PeyButtons:
URGENT VACANCIES IN A PRIMARY AND SECONDARY
*ENGLISH TEACHER (MALE)
*MATHEMATICS (MALE)
*DRIVERS
*AGRIC SCIENCE TEACHER
*HOSTEL ASSISTANT\COOK
*PHYSICS\FURTHER MATHEMATICS(MALE)
*IRS TEACHER
*KG TEACHER(NCE)
*RECEPTION(NCE)

Send CV to ibktunapa@gmail.com or apply in person(to the school) before Friday 21 August,2015.

Also come with credentials and CV on interview day.

Only those in Ogba, Ifako Ijaiye and environs will be considered.

All shortlisted applicant will be contacted through mobile phones for written and oral interview.

INTERVIEW DATE
Sat 22 August,2015

SCHOOL VENUE
Bachel Model College 3\5,Gardol str off
Oyemekun road
Ifako Ijaiye Ogba.

FEEDBACK PLEASE!
thanks for d info. Any idea on d working condition also d payment
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 9:49pm On Aug 18, 2015
manie:

The most important thing is to create value to your organisation and students, these will positively affect you. You also need to be creative and innovative with the value creation.

................................................................................................................................................

How many awards have your students won in your area, local government, state and Nigeria.

Since you have been teaching English or Yoruba, how many essay competitions, debates and quiz competition have you organised in your school? How many inter-school competitions have your students competed in.

How many essays or articles have your students contributed in teenagers magazines or children columns in the national dailies like Punch, Vangaurd etc.

How often have you written published articles on literacy, education, politic, economy etc in National dailies.
....................................................................................................................................................................

My brother when you do some of the things outlined here you will not be looking for high paying schools but rather schools will be competing to hire you.

A youngman who used to write articles in Punch and vanguard some few years ago, would write his name, e-mail address, profession and name of his school at the end of each article.

The last time I called the guy he is now working in the corporate affairs department of one of the quoted companies on NSE, his writings created visibility and opportunity for him.

I guess this article that was written by me about 2 years ago, may be informative to some of us.

http://www.jarushub.com/investing-in-our-careers/

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 18, 2015
Wise words from our elders.....take it seriously.
Sir, some schools do not care about competition, they are after profit and you working out your hearts out e.g. 39 periods in a week, when would I have time to write articles. I am not making excuses but this is the reality on ground. Some school management/Principal would tell you (teacher) that you want the student to disgrace the school. In that situtation, what do you suggest?
manie:

The last time I called the guy he is now working in the corporate affairs department of one of the quoted companies on NSE, he writings created visibility and opportunity for him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Engrcharlesid(m): 10:03pm On Aug 18, 2015
GoldenDr:
Sir, some schools do not care about competition, they are after profit and you working out your hearts out e.g. 39 periods in a week, when would I have time to write articles. I am not making excuses but this is the reality on ground. Some school management/Principal would tell you (teacher) that you want the student to disgrace the school. In that situtation, what do you suggest?
true yarn
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 18, 2015
A client that wants to hire 3 language teachers a period of 3 years for their private language school.

Pre-interview/ screening will be conducted to weed out those that are qualified from those that are not. The languages are Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba.

Criteria

a) You must be fluent in either of the afore-mentioned language.
b) Must be able to READ, WRITE & SPEAK the language with excellent grammar . No exceptions. WILL BE TESTED especially on reading and writing aspect
c) Must be willing to work in Lagos and Ibadan. 2 days in lagos 3 days in ibadan.
d) Salary is attractive and negotiable.
e) Applicants will be tested as a pre-screening measure before being shortlisted.

Please respond to this tread or email lazardx1@gmail.com with the subject LANGUAGE TEACHER .

Thanks. Good luck
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 18, 2015
for those going for interviews for the first apart from knowing your subject area, you should be able to prepare lesson note/teaching plan. learnt that from my subject head during my service year.just ask a teacher you know around you for help and go through their notes... so if you go for an interview, you wont start fidgeting when they ask you about it

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by yemmybx(m): 10:11pm On Aug 18, 2015
manie:

thanks so much for the words, but dont forget that am not a magician who will just wake one day and all these which you have just stated will come to pass just like dat.

To be sincere I have contributed to the development of the school, the entire staff and my lovely students, I love to help my student learn better.

Every friday I lecture the teachers on how to articulate English words perfectly. my students have their English clinic every monday morning on the assembly, I initiated it.

I would have love to write everything abt my contributions to the sch but I cant, if you want to know set up an interview for me, I will answer you.

I LOVE TEACHING, AM NOT TEACHING FOR THE MONEY BUT FOR THE LOVE I HAVE FOR NIGERIAN STUDENTS.

I will like to switch to schools where I will be encouraged, assisted, and motivated to do one or two tins you have said here, thanks.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by faizona(f): 10:12pm On Aug 18, 2015
I got this from a school in Asaba.

U are invited 4 an interview @ Graceville College Asaba on 19/8/15 by 8am prompt. Come with original cert, 2passport & proof of prev employment.

Anybody interested should attend.

Thanks
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 18, 2015
Congratulations ma'am.
faizona:
I got this from a school in Asaba.

U are invited 4 an interview @ Graceville College Asaba on 19/8/15 by 8am prompt. Come with original cert, 2passport & proof of prev employment.

Anybody interested should attend.

Thanks
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by yemmybx(m): 10:25pm On Aug 18, 2015
Engrcharlesid:
true yarn
The owner of my school once said dat "I GIVE U TEACHER ENOUGH WORKLOAD SO THAT YOU WONT HAVE TIME FOR ANY OTHER THINGS" to be sincere It has not bin easy working there, I always pity those students but I need to move and myself more useful rather than running after nothing.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by yemmybx(m): 10:27pm On Aug 18, 2015
GoldenDr:
The owner of my school once said dat "I GIVE
U TEACHER ENOUGH WORKLOAD SO THAT YOU
WONT HAVE TIME FOR ANY OTHER THINGS" to
be sincere It has not bin easy working there, I
always pity those students but I need to move
and myself more useful rather than running
after nothing.
( Modify) ( Quote) (Report ) ( Share)
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 10:28pm On Aug 18, 2015
yemmybx:
thanks so much for the words, but dont forget that am not a magician who will just wake one day and all these which you have just stated will come to pass just like dat.

To be sincere I have contributed to the development of the school, the entire staff and my lovely students, I love to help my student learn better.

Every friday I lecture the teachers on how to articulate English words perfectly. my students have their English clinic every monday morning on the assembly, I initiated it.

I would have love to write everything abt my contributions to the sch but I cant, if you want to know set up an interview for me, I will answer you.

I LOVE TEACHING, AM NOT TEACHING FOR THE MONEY BUT FOR THE LOVE I HAVE FOR NIGERIAN STUDENTS.

I will like to switch to schools where I will be encouraged, assisted, and motivated to do one or two tins you have said here, thanks.

That is very good, be innovative with your value creation, create your own brand in the industry. Win awards no matter how small they may be, set verifiable records, blow your trumpet in no time people that matter will invite you for a chat and not an interview.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 10:30pm On Aug 18, 2015
davide470:
The AntiSpam bot filters words that are marked Spam by either Nairaland's coders or the Moderators and it does the banning when you mention those words.

Mail the mods whenever it happens.

Cheers.

How can one mail d mod when he/she is banned! U forgotten that a person banned can't comment let alone mail or have u guys allowed pm now when one is banned??

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by adetoks19(m): 10:30pm On Aug 18, 2015
[quote author=PeyButtons post=37092840]URGENT VACANCIES IN A PRIMARY AND SECONDARY
*ENGLISH TEACHER (MALE)
*MATHEMATICS (MALE)
*DRIVERS
*AGRIC SCIENCE TEACHER
*HOSTEL ASSISTANT\COOK
*PHYSICS\FURTHER MATHEMATICS(MALE)
*IRS TEACHER
*KG TEACHER(NCE)
*RECEPTION(NCE)
Send CV to ibktunapa@gmail.com or apply in person(to the school) before Friday 21 August,2015.
Also come with credentials and CV on interview day.
Only those in Ogba, Ifako Ijaiye and environs will be considered.
Skul wt poor 24k
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by uglychick(f): 10:32pm On Aug 18, 2015
I could not get the info i desire thru google. I know that people who read education as a course will have an idea. That was why i posted it here.
Kazrem:

Why not consult Google but personally I think it has something to do with entry level of the pupils or what is now known as previous knowledge.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 10:34pm On Aug 18, 2015
GoldenDr:

That is why the pedigree of your proprietor is important. A proptrietor who is a trained teacher will not do that.

I will rather earn a lower salary and teach about 22 periods rather than teach 39 periods when I know my efficiency will be zero.

I think teachers need to be principled, I never assisted my students during external examination when i was still working.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by davide470(m): 10:38pm On Aug 18, 2015
upload111:

How can one mail d mod when he/she is banned! U forgotten that a person banned can't comment let alone mail or have u guys allowed pm now when one is banned??
You can mail the mods even if you are banned.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 10:40pm On Aug 18, 2015
GoldenDr:

That is why we need to be strategic and think long term.

The guy that was teaching in Ifo about 5 years ago was earning roughly 15k per month, but he is currently more than 12 times of that amount because of the visibility he created for himself and his versatility in various spheres of knowledge,

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (1041) (Reply)

Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.