Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,433 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (833) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs (2577230 Views)

110, 181 Apply For 2000 Slots In Teaching Service - TESCOM / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) (836) ... (1041) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Xtfield(m): 8:28pm On Jul 13, 2018
Whosentyou:
Please can someone help me with the list of private secondary schools in Akwa ibom and their pay range?
I really need a teaching job to survive here. Things are really tight!!
Do not limit yourself to Akwa Ibom. Be ready to take up a job wherever the offer is good. Many graduates are jobless because they are not bold enough to try other terrains. Get out of your comfort zone. If there is no job for you in Akwa Ibom, check other states.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Whosentyou: 7:56am On Jul 14, 2018
Xtfield:
Do not limit yourself to Akwa Ibom. Be ready to take up a job wherever the offer is good. Many graduates are jobless because they are not bold enough to try other terrains. Get out of your comfort zone. If there is no job for you in Akwa Ibom, check other states.

My brother the only other states we have in this country in terms of job is Lagos. But how can I go to where I don't have anyone to even squat with?

4 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by teejayahmed(m): 8:46am On Jul 14, 2018
Hello...

Kudos to all our gallant hustlers in the house. Favour will find you all soon.

I am a great lover of teaching, but got another job in another sector that I could not turn down. But I still miss teaching and it hurts me that everything I know might just go to waste.

If I could even find a place to teach for free on weekends, I'd take. Anyways those that are living the dream, keep it up and keep touching lives.

3 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by kehnton(m): 11:15am On Jul 14, 2018
snowden9:
HOW I GOT MY TEACHING JOB

This might be a lengthy piece but I think it's worth the read.
I called it 'Operation 30'. Yes, I gave it a name. What it actually meant was that I was gonna submit 30 letters of application attached with 30 CVs to 30 schools. Hectic. Yes. Challenging. Yes. But achievable, Hell Yea.
So i drew my route. i practically stay in the middle of a 15km or more community. So, I told myself that on that particular monday, I'll take the left hand side of the road and anywhere i stop, I'll continue on Tuesday, take the right hand side of the road on Wednesday and anywhere i get tired and stop, I'll continue on Thursday. Then finally I'll use the friday to go to all the schools within my estate. And yes, i did as planned and submitted to 28 schools.

Out of the 28, i had about 15 interviews and while they where interviewing and screening me and also telling me about their payments, i, in turn was screening the schools i don't want due to their payment or conditions attached cos i know i had lots of choices to make. I screened down to the very last 3 (all 3 paying between 40 to 45k monthly with doable conditions) rechecked the conditions again, considered the closeness to my house and finally made my choice, and i have to say, it really was the right one.

To summarize, I'll advice you to invest time and a little cash like i did to get what you want so you don't stay idle come the next session in September. schools are vacating next week so if you can, just sacrifice your next week to submit your application to at least 15 or 20 schools (the more the merrier) around you or with less transportation so you'll have a lot to choose from. All you need is an envelope pack(25 pieces for 100 naira), A4 paper or fullscap paper to write the letter (at 250 naira) and photocopy the cv(at 10 naira each) and then you're good to go.
Now i can say boldly, I'm out of the house now. Are you?
I'm highly inspired by this!!!
I have some questions please;

what was your dress code when submitting these applications?
how was your letters addressed or was it not addressed at all?

thanks!

4 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 14, 2018
Buhari's statement about Nigerian youths seems to be true afterall.

undecided
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by snowden9(m): 11:23am On Jul 14, 2018
kehnton:

thanks!
I didn't wear polo and jean any of the days. I wore a shirt with chinos or plain trousers. sometimes I tuck in, sometimes I don't. Most times though it's their security men that you'll meet that will pass the letter to them and sometimes you get to meet the principal so i always dress as though I was gonna meet the principal.

I just wrote the letters, I'll put my address and write
To: The principal
(i leave space here so when I get to the school i can see the school name and write it)

Application for the post of a (subject) teacher
Dear sir/ma

You can carry on From there. Hope this helps?

6 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by micflo28(m): 6:14pm On Jul 14, 2018
kehnton:

thanks!
Please what course did you study cos we non education graduates seem to be ignored a lot here in abuja.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by kehnton(m): 6:27pm On Jul 14, 2018
snowden9:

I didn't wear polo and jean any of the days. I wore a shirt with chinos or plain trousers. sometimes I tuck in, sometimes I don't. Most times though it's their security men that you'll meet that will pass the letter to them and sometimes you get to meet the principal so i always dress as though I was gonna meet the principal.

I just wrote the letters, I'll put my address and write
To: The principal
(i leave space here so when I get to the school i can see the school name and write it)

Application for the post of a (subject) teacher
Dear sir/ma

You can carry on From there. Hope this helps?

You're blessed!
This is very helpful and i highly appreciate.

Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Xtfield(m): 10:34pm On Jul 14, 2018
Whosentyou:

My brother the only other states we have in this country in terms of job is Lagos. But how can I go to where I don't have anyone to even squat with?

That's not true. There are teaching job vacancies in other states. Most times, applicants rush to Lagos State and as a result the Lagos employment market is saturated leading schools to offering ridiculous salaries. Life is more expensive in a place like Lagos. So if a school in Lagos offers you 50k per month, you are not earning more than your colleague who is earning 30k in Ekiti State. Unlike Lagos, you need not know anybody in Ekiti to settle down fast. Accommodation is easily available and affordable. This is just an example. Can you teach upper primary class? If yes, send me a mail: christfieldschool@yahoo.com.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Whosentyou: 10:36pm On Jul 14, 2018
Xtfield:

That's not true. There are teaching job vacancies in other states. Most times, applicants rush to Lagos State and as a result the Lagos employment market is saturated leading schools to offering ridiculous salaries. Life is more expensive in a place like Lagos. So if a school in Lagos offers you 50k per month, you are not earning more than your colleague who is earning 30k in Ekiti State. Unlike Lagos, you need not know anybody in Ekiti to settle down fast. Accommodation is easily available and affordable. This is just an example. Can you teach upper primary class? If yes, send me a mail: christfieldschool@yahoo.com.

I prefer secondary school. Maths, further maths or physics
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Xtfield(m): 10:54pm On Jul 14, 2018
If you are a male graduate in the sciences with good spoken English and willing to start with us in the Upper Primary Section of our school, send in your CV and cover letter to christfieldschool@yahoo.com. The school is located in Ekiti State.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by cutieme(m): 7:04am On Jul 15, 2018
Xtfield:
If you are a male graduate in the sciences with good spoken English and willing to start with us in the Upper Primary Section of our school, send in your CV and cover letter to christfieldschool@yahoo.com. The school is located in Ekiti State.
How much can you pay?I have sciences.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Xtfield(m): 7:33am On Jul 15, 2018
cutieme:
How much can you pay?I have sciences.
You have sciences? I don't understand
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by cutieme(m): 9:02am On Jul 15, 2018
Xtfield:
You have sciences? I don't understand
I studied a science course I meant to say.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by mimini: 9:34am On Jul 15, 2018
A school in Kubwa is in need of Nursery and Primary School Teachers.

Qualification - B.Ed or NCE holders.

Requirement - Must be good in Jolly phonics, excellent writing and communication skills, friendly and presentable. Must have at least 3 years working experience in teaching Nursery and Primary classes. Must reside in or close to Kubwa, Abuja.

Qualified candidates should send CV with recent passport photographs to

recruit.medalscholarsacademy@gmail.com or send an SMS with full name and detailed qualification to 08120353977.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by cutieme(m): 9:39am On Jul 15, 2018
mimini:

Requirement - Must be good in Jolly phonics, excellent writing and communication skills, friendly and presentable. Must have at least 3 years working experience in teaching Nursery and Primary classes. Must reside in or close to Kubwa, Abuja.

recruit.medalscholarsacademy@gmail.com or send an SMS with full name and detailed qualification to 08120353977.
Can someone with several years of experience in teaching but have Bsc apply?

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by mimini: 10:06am On Jul 15, 2018
A Nursery and Primary School in Kubwa is in need of a Music Teacher ( Full time or Part time).

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by mimini: 10:09am On Jul 15, 2018
cutieme:
Can someone with several years of experience in teaching but have Bsc apply?

Its strictly for those with B.Ed ; B.Sc, B.A with PGDE , and NCE holders. Thank you.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by bashlek(m): 10:19am On Jul 15, 2018
mimini:

Its strictly for those with B.Ed ; B.Sc, B.A with PGDE , and NCE holders. Thank you.
d problm abt all dis schools is dat once uno hv NCE, Bsc.Ed, PGDE, it wil b hard 4dem 2 hire u or pay u less cos dey blv u lack d experience evn if u hv spnt all ya life in classroom........God wil help us in dis country, youth ar tryin der best

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by cutieme(m): 3:00pm On Jul 15, 2018
mimini:

What is it that NCE or B.ED can do that Bsc cannot do?This country self....
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Mike4S: 3:15pm On Jul 15, 2018
cutieme:
What is it that NCE or B.ED can do that Bsc cannot do?This country self....
Since you are allowed to get PGDE, you have no case here. Those of us that majored in Education don't tolerate dabblers like you. Can a teacher go to other professions and make a case for their strict rule of limiting job opportunities to themselves? The answer is no but you are here making a case for a profession that allows others if only they can go for a year course (PGDE).
It is not even allowed in most schools as recruitment is thrown open to every Tom, Dick, and Harry. My friend you have no case here.

6 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Larryduke: 4:03pm On Jul 15, 2018
]
mimini:

Am qualified for the requirements but my experience so far is in Secondary School. Pls any vacancy. I have B.Ed/English. THANKS

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Tracypacy(f): 10:32am On Jul 16, 2018
The IDMANN Institute is a registered tertiary educational institution that provides tertiary professional development, personal development, and post-employment training with the aim of professional advancement and/or technical entrepreneurship.

We are recruiting to fill the position below:

Job Title:
English Language Instructor
Science Instructor
Language Instructor

Requirements
We are seeking TRAINED English language and literature graduates to teach the below-listed courses:
Creative Writing,
Literature
Applicants must meet ALL of the following requirements:
Graduate with a minimum of a second-class upper Degree or equivalent. (Submitted CV's must clearly indicate the class of degree obtained by the applicant.)
Be able to use a computer competently and use the internet proficiently.
Be trained in one of the areas listed above.
Be able to conduct engaging classes in literature (especially Nigerian and African literature) as well as provide PRACTICAL support in creative writing.
Have some experience teaching (preferably at the primary/secondary school level).
Be immediately available for employment.
Be able to relocate quickly and smoothly to Umuahia where the position is located.
Application Closing Date
22nd July, 2018.

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and MUST be accompanied by a Cover Letter outlining the applicant's suitability for the advertised position by addressing each of the requirements stated above, to: jobs@idmanninstitute.com

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Xtfield(m): 1:31pm On Jul 16, 2018
Larryduke:
]
Am qualified for the requirements but my experience so far is in Secondary School. Pls any vacancy. I have B.Ed/English. THANKS
My brother/Sister, just send your CV to them. Let them decide. It wont cost you more than a few megabites to do this and here you are expecting answers to all your questions. Employers often set very high standards in their adverts but most often end up taking available applicants. If you have a 2:2 and the advertiser asks for a 2:1, send your CV all the same. If you are 35 and the employer sets 30 as maximum age, send your Cv all the same. I once applied to teach in a Nursery school but ended being employed as a Vice-Principal and after 6 months I was promoted to Principal. That's why sometimes I laugh at fresh graduates who will look down on a job offering for them to teach in the primary section of a school. Many of the teachers in the secondary section of my school came in as KG and primary school teachers. We moved them to the secondary section when there was an opening there.

5 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Pojomojo: 2:04pm On Jul 16, 2018
snowden9:
HOW I GOT MY TEACHING JOB

This might be a lengthy piece but I think it's worth the read.
I called it 'Operation 30'. Yes, I gave it a name. What it actually meant was that I was gonna submit 30 letters of application attached with 30 CVs to 30 schools. Hectic. Yes. Challenging. Yes. But achievable, Hell Yea.
So i drew my route. i practically stay in the middle of a 15km or more community. So, I told myself that on that particular monday, I'll take the left hand side of the road and anywhere i stop, I'll continue on Tuesday, take the right hand side of the road on Wednesday and anywhere i get tired and stop, I'll continue on Thursday. Then finally I'll use the friday to go to all the schools within my estate. And yes, i did as planned and submitted to 28 schools.

Out of the 28, i had about 15 interviews and while they where interviewing and screening me and also telling me about their payments, i, in turn was screening the schools i don't want due to their payment or conditions attached cos i know i had lots of choices to make. I screened down to the very last 3 (all 3 paying between 40 to 45k monthly with doable conditions) rechecked the conditions again, considered the closeness to my house and finally made my choice, and i have to say, it really was the right one.

To summarize, I'll advice you to invest time and a little cash like i did to get what you want so you don't stay idle come the next session in September. schools are vacating next week so if you can, just sacrifice your next week to submit your application to at least 15 or 20 schools (the more the merrier) around you or with less transportation so you'll have a lot to choose from. All you need is an envelope pack(25 pieces for 100 naira), A4 paper or fullscap paper to write the letter (at 250 naira) and photocopy the cv(at 10 naira each) and then you're good to go.
Now i can say boldly, I'm out of the house now. Are you?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Pojomojo: 2:04pm On Jul 16, 2018
Ever heard of google?
cutieme:
Can someone pls help with names of schools in Port Harcourt that are enjoying people now with their salary range,thanks.
Continue posting it shall come
uwaoma1:
Am a graduate of Chemistry Education,pls i want a teaching job within Kaduna n Abuja.thanks
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Pojomojo: 2:05pm On Jul 16, 2018
Baba baba o
Xtfield:
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Pojomojo: 2:05pm On Jul 16, 2018
Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
teejayahmed:
Hello...

Kudos to all our gallant hustlers in the house. Favour will find you all soon.

I am a great lover of teaching, but got another job in another sector that I could not turn down. But I still miss teaching and it hurts me that everything I know might just go to waste.

If I could even find a place to teach for free on weekends, I'd take. Anyways those that are living the dream, keep it up and keep touching lives.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Xtfield(m): 2:24pm On Jul 16, 2018
MY RECRUITMENT EXPERIENCE SO FAR (YOU CAN GAIN FROM IT)

I recently placed an advert here for various categories of teaxchers and workers and I received quite a number of responses. I wish to point out some errors I observed in some of the applications to help such applicants and others in case of futire applications:

1. Some applicants did not nseem to have gone through the advert. So they did not follow the instructions. The advert specifically asked applicants to send a CV and a cover latter. Most applicants just sent in a CV without a cover latter while some sent in letters without a CV. A cover letter should have helped applicants to state what position/subject they are applying for. Always take time to read the deatails of an advert and respond accordingly.

2. A particular applicant used a dark colour background for the Personal details part of his CV which made it difficult to pick out the phone number. Sometimes, employers want to get to you immediately to chat with you on phone before fixing an interview. If your prospective employer cannot easily retrieve you phone number, he can discard you application

3. Many applicants were more concerned with the pay giving the impression that they are money driven. Do not misunderstand me. Money is very important and a good salary should be very desirable. But it is always good to wait to the interview date. Asking your prospective employer what he will pay on phone when you have not attended an interview can put him off. Some said, I want to know so I don't waste my time and resources attending the interview. Who says attending interview is a waste of time? And who says you can not dazzle an interview panel and get a better deal than the current employees are earning. So many years ago, I attended an interview in a school. The Vice Principal was on a salary of 16k per month then. I ended up with a negotiated salary of 18k per month as a subject teacher because of my performance in the interview. And I travelled all the way from Ondo to Lagos for the interview without an idea of what the school pays. No standard school will discuss salary with you on phone prior to an interview. Sometimes too, you need to get to the location of the school to form an opinion.

4. Please understand that it is not the responsibility of your employer to provide you with accommodation. That in fact os why some adverts will insist that only those living in the area where the school is located should apply. Employers do not want to be burdened by your accommodation problems.

5. Do not reject any offer outright. For instance, if you applied ton teach in then secondary and you are offered a place in the primary section, take it. There is not much difference between the two especially if you are to teach the upper primary classes Primary 3 - 6. It can be a lot of fun. Besides, when there is an opening in the secondary section, you will be considered ahead of outsiders.

This is all I can put down for now. Maybe later. Happy job hunting.

5 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by babajeje123(m): 5:24pm On Jul 16, 2018
bashlek:

d problm abt all dis schools is dat once uno hv NCE, Bsc.Ed, PGDE, it wil b hard 4dem 2 hire u or pay u less cos dey blv u lack d experience evn if u hv spnt all ya life in classroom........God wil help us in dis country, youth ar tryin der best
Don't let that deter you. Just know your onions, be hardworking & result-oriented. I don't have pgde and I have worked & still working in schools one will be proud of. It all boils down to your content, your ability to deliver. Please don't get me wrong, you can still get a good school if you know your way.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 16, 2018
Xtfield:
MY RECRUITMENT EXPERIENCE SO FAR (YOU CAN GAIN FROM IT)

I recently placed an advert here for various categories of teaxchers and workers and I received quite a number of responses. I wish to point out some errors I observed in some of the applications to help such applicants and others in case of futire applications:

1. Some applicants did not nseem to have gone through the advert. So they did not follow the instructions. The advert specifically asked applicants to send a CV and a cover latter. Most applicants just sent in a CV without a cover latter while some sent in letters without a CV. A cover letter should have helped applicants to state what position/subject they are applying for. Always take time to read the deatails of an advert and respond accordingly.

2. A particular applicant used a dark colour background for the Personal details part of his CV which made it difficult to pick out the phone number. Sometimes, employers want to get to you immediately to chat with you on phone before fixing an interview. If your prospective employer cannot easily retrieve you phone number, he can discard you application

3. Many applicants were more concerned with the pay giving the impression that they are money driven. Do not misunderstand me. Money is very important and a good salary should be very desirable. But it is always good to wait to the interview date. Asking your prospective employer what he will pay on phone when you have not attended an interview can put him off. Some said, I want to know so I don't waste my time and resources attending the interview. Who says attending interview is a waste of time? And who says you can not dazzle an interview panel and get a better deal than the current employees are earning. So many years ago, I attended an interview in a school. The Vice Principal was on a salary of 16k per month then. I ended up with a negotiated salary of 18k per month as a subject teacher because of my performance in the interview. And I travelled all the way from Ondo to Lagos for the interview without an idea of what the school pays. No standard school will discuss salary with you on phone prior to an interview. Sometimes too, you need to get to the location of the school to form an opinion.

4. Please understand that it is not the responsibility of your employer to provide you with accommodation. That in fact os why some adverts will insist that only those living in the area where the school is located should apply. Employers do not want to be burdened by your accommodation problems.

5. Do not reject any offer outright. For instance, if you applied ton teach in then secondary and you are offered a place in the primary section, take it. There is not much difference between the two especially if you are to teach the upper primary classes Primary 3 - 6. It can be a lot of fun. Besides, when there is an opening in the secondary section, you will be considered ahead of outsiders.

This is all I can put down for now. Maybe later. Happy job hunting.

You sure have a lot of experience.

shocked

Did you take the 19k job? No VP will be happy having a teacher under him earn more than him!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) (836) ... (1041) (Reply)

Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.