Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,788 members, 7,820,760 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

My Sister's Nasty Experience With Dealday - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Sister's Nasty Experience With Dealday (8422 Views)

My Experience With Facebook Fake Aliko Dangote -photos / My Nasty Experience In Doing Business With Planet One By Eric Nwoko / Any Nasty Experience With Platinum Investments? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sister's Nasty Experience With Dealday by Jarus(m): 6:04pm On Sep 06, 2013
From my sister:

"If you are used to online shopping, you will observe that once you pay for something, your payment will be confirmed shortly afterwards, then you will get the service or product you paid for. In DealDey, their operation is different, they require you to transfer or pay into their bank account. Then someone will reconcile the payer with the dealdey account holder, and if it is settled, they will credit your dealdey wallet on their site. Only then will you be able pick and enjoy teh deals they have from time to time.

My grouse with this system is, Dealdey never reply emails, their phone number is unreachable with GSM, only landline, and they almost often don't pick their calls. I paid for something last week, I immediately transferred teh funds to their GTB account, generated receipt,and attached it to an email and mailed them. I told them to quickly credit my wallet so I wont miss the deal i was interested in. Can you believe that till today, no response or feedback from them?

Of course, I missed that deal. Several mails I sent to them demanding my refund, no response from them. Holding on to people's money without without immediate refund. This is poor customer service. The good is a massage therapy. I went to their office in Raymond Njoku, where they told me to send email. I sent several emails and reminders. Still, no single email from dealdey. Not even a phone call or email to acknowledge and apologize. It's like I have been emailing ghost. lol. They even claimed to have one online chat forum on their site. I went there and chatted with one Kehinde Lawal. He wasnt of mcuh help.

My brother, abegii help me o."

And I know Nairaland is the public court I can use to help my sister.

And has anybody experienced similar treatment from Dealdey?
Re: My Sister's Nasty Experience With Dealday by Afam4eva(m): 6:07pm On Sep 06, 2013
This is why people are jittery about using these online ecommerce sites in Nigeria because of the trust and efficiency issue. Before one creates an ecommerce site site, it's pertinent that the person or company put simple things like customer support in place, so that people don't start having a second thought about the ecommerce outfit...I'm also surprised that an ecommerce site will tell someone to make a deposit at a bank and mail the receipt before a transaction can take place. I think that's mediocre. The world has moved past that.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister's Nasty Experience With Dealday by maclatunji: 6:08pm On Sep 06, 2013
Hmmmm... I don't like the fact that you want to "try" them on Nairaland.
Re: My Sister's Nasty Experience With Dealday by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 06, 2013
This is a public forum, and they can always respond here. I don't think he's putting them up for rebuke here

4 Likes

Re: My Sister's Nasty Experience With Dealday by Jarus(m): 7:13pm On Sep 06, 2013
maclatunji: Hmmmm... I don't like the fact that you want to "try" them on Nairaland.

Salaam ya akhi, can you suggest an alternative medium of 'trial' after all the avenues explored earlier (countless emails, phone calls, physical visit to their office)?

Like sauer said, it is easier to get their attention here, especially after we have exhausted all the options before us. At least they know they have at least 2 million potential customers here.

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Nasty Experience With Dealday by naijadealercom: 7:45pm On Sep 06, 2013
http://naijadealer.com/sell.html

Have a look at our escrow service package. Your feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: My Sister's Nasty Experience With Dealday by DisGuy: 8:10pm On Sep 06, 2013
In DealDey, their operation is different, they require you to transfer or pay into their bank account. Then someone will reconcile the payer with the dealdey account holder, and if it is settled, they will credit your dealdey wallet on their site. Only then will you be able pick and enjoy teh deals they have from time to time.

this method sound inefficient!! why cant they accept credit/debit cards directly

perhaps knowing this, people will have funds ready in their account 'just in case'; then again getting your money back will be another 'roundabout'
Re: My Sister's Nasty Experience With Dealday by firestar(f): 8:34pm On Sep 06, 2013
Yup, that tears it.
Re: My Sister's Nasty Experience With Dealday by arbitrage: 11:13pm On Sep 06, 2013
Remember dealdey is Nigerian and dealday American. Check your topic and content please.

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Nasty Experience With Dealday by maclatunji: 12:33am On Sep 07, 2013
Jarus:

Salaam ya akhi, can you suggest an alternative medium of 'trial' after all the avenues explored earlier (countless emails, phone calls, physical visit to their office)?

Like sauer said, it is easier to get their attention here, especially after we have exhausted all the options before us. At least they know they have at least 2 million potential customers here.

Wa alaykum salam,

You could have found the contact details of one of their top executives. Perhaps, the Head of marketing, send them a strongly worded email and let them know that you will seek other legal means of redress if they fail to respond satisfactorily within a clearly defined period.

If they refuse to respond, doing something like this becomes blameless in my opinion.
Re: My Sister's Nasty Experience With Dealday by Kirinwa: 3:27am On Sep 07, 2013
Nigeria has not yet come of age in online business.Infact they even spoil the attitude of foreign partners that use them as rep.

Op you know what to do? Just carry military men and visit their office.Brief the soldier boys and go with evidence.
Re: My Sister's Nasty Experience With Dealday by Gboliwe: 1:15pm On Sep 22, 2013
maclatunji:

Wa alaykum salam,

You could have found the contact details of one of their top executives. Perhaps, the Head of marketing, send them a strongly worded email and let them know that you will seek other legal means of redress if they fail to respond satisfactorily within a clearly defined period.

If they refuse to respond, doing something like this becomes blameless in my opinion.

see suggestion! undecided SMH
Re: My Sister's Nasty Experience With Dealday by Rify(f): 7:02pm On Aug 12, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]

Nooooooo. This is totally wrong,probably you chose a wrong method of transaction. i buy things on dealdey like every week,infact my colleagues at work have to wait for me to help them buy anything. I have never seen that option of having to credit your wallet first. i pay directly with my card. The only times i have had my wallet credited was when i was dissatisfied with the services i got from the vendor. Well,i have had to complain twice and their response was almost immediate and my money was refunded but in the wallet which is okay.
i havent called their line before so i wouldn't know if they pick, since the mail works for me.

Your complaint is so strange to me because i use dealdey wella. I work in a service rendering organization,trust me you have to give me at least 90percent good service or i escalate.

If you are actually experiencing this,sorry abt though that but then how can you go to the office and they will make you go back to send mails? to who? Them?? Haba!!
Babes you gotta shout there,somebody must respond.
I have never had any problem with them. i still rate them 98percent
Re: My Sister's Nasty Experience With Dealday by victor08(m): 9:52pm On Aug 12, 2014
Op I disagree with you. Please don't post this kind of things to spoil people's business. I have used Dealdey before and there service is excellent.

Mr Jarus you have an online business too and as such Nairaland is not a legal place to settle business transactions that didn't go well. You are tarnishing someone's business with this strategy.

Advice the lady to go to Dealdey office if she truly made payment r with her proof of her payment & valid ID card - and demand to see the business officer in charge-Do not send any email. Disrupt the man's activity and don't allow them to work until they refund you.

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Nasty Experience With Dealday by ciwi: 2:34pm On Nov 03, 2014
My dear, DealDey's customer service is Zero! I bought something from dem for over 3 weeks I never see anything.

Called customer care and they put me on hold for almost 15 mins and the call was not toll free o!

I've made noise on twitter, no response. Sent mails, nothing nothing.

Wat I'm looking for now is the email address of any of their top management. That's how I got to this place. Anyone with info should pls provide

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Nasty Experience With Dealday by bookiee(f): 3:18pm On Nov 03, 2014
my guy ordered for a pair of shoe 3weeks ago he his yet to be delivered,the same same his colleague order one on konga and jumia and they receive it btw 2 and 3 days. the funny thing i was suppose to sell product through them he want me seriously against saying he has worked on their account before and that delay suppliers meaning they do these delay to both customers and suppliers...
I wonder what kind of company thrives when both customers and suppliers are always complaining about you!
they just keep loosing P.R
Re: My Sister's Nasty Experience With Dealday by damolax: 1:55pm On Apr 06, 2016
Did I just hear dealdey, hissssss, not sure I will visit them again until they change. Until they accept pay on delivery option. Dealdey is a mess,

3 Likes

Re: My Sister's Nasty Experience With Dealday by Contemsolutions(m): 8:35pm On Sep 19, 2016
I just had my own bad experience with them.

They have the below message displayed on their site

"We always work hard to ensure we provide you with the best deals from the best merchants, that's why we have the DealDey Pledge. If you buy a DealDey coupon, we'll work with the merchant to ensure you have a good experience."

Can you believe that I purchased 2 items, a wrist watch and a laptop bag, on the same day, believing that their service was good.

By the time they delivered the wrist watch was wrapped in a brown carton and taped with brown tape, no case or manual

Then there were particles within the glass frame, as though it was open for dust to enter.

When they delivered the bag, it was totally different from what was on their website.

I called customer support and it was sorry they could say and I should send the bag back to the merchant by myself and the merchant is in Port Harcourt.

So what service are they giving?

They don't review the products merchants send and they don't play the role of intermediary but rather tell you to deal with the merchant yourself.

I would advice not to buy anything from them or you make the decision of buy at your own risk
Re: My Sister's Nasty Experience With Dealday by blessedjohny4u: 11:06pm On Sep 19, 2016
Try www.smartuy.ng they offer same day delivery, they are tried and trusted and you can bs sure to get deals at the best price.
Re: My Sister's Nasty Experience With Dealday by Jengem: 6:56am On Sep 20, 2016
Dealdey always works for me

(1) (Reply)

Become A Mobile Money Agent / How Can I Register A School With Corporate Affairs Commission / Diamond Platnumz, Elumelu, Umurhohwo Among Top 100 Influential People Of 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.