Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,596 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

THE DAY THEY Came(an African Sci-fi Film) - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / THE DAY THEY Came(an African Sci-fi Film) (1844 Views)

A Nigerian Artists Oil And Acrylic Paintings On Canvas, Artworks By An African. / Let's Make An African Super Hero Comic / Artists, Your Motivation: Sci-fi Naija Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

THE DAY THEY Came(an African Sci-fi Film) by genetos(m): 6:15pm On Sep 06, 2013
i just finished my zero budget sci-fi film to lunch my company website, its about alien invasion in nigeria. its nothing you have ever seen before. you can watch, download, share and enjoy. link below

http://ficson.com
download link
http://ficson.com/video.php

Re: THE DAY THEY Came(an African Sci-fi Film) by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 06, 2013
Oh, really?
Re: THE DAY THEY Came(an African Sci-fi Film) by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 06, 2013
This is good. Any attempts to sell to the cinemas?
Re: THE DAY THEY Came(an African Sci-fi Film) by genetos(m): 6:47pm On Sep 06, 2013
sauer: This is good. Any attempts to sell to the cinemas?
this is a zero budget stuff, wanted to see how pple will react to dis, we got good reviews and will be doing an episode 2 which will have a good budget and will be crazy, then we can think of a feature base on the wat u guys think. hope you liked it and thanks for watching
Re: THE DAY THEY Came(an African Sci-fi Film) by spywareczar(m): 9:22pm On Sep 06, 2013
brb lemme download it
Re: THE DAY THEY Came(an African Sci-fi Film) by cgniyi(m): 9:39am On Sep 07, 2013
Great stuff!
Always excited to see artists tackle projects like this....it really isn't easy.
Of course, there's always the tendency to compare the quality with hollywood vfx movies but considering some of the unique challenges we face here i think it's more important to show
support,that way we can help artists produce works of even greater quality.

Really interested to see what u guys come up with next
Re: THE DAY THEY Came(an African Sci-fi Film) by OKX(m): 12:09pm On Sep 07, 2013
@genetos
good job. definitely has potential.
a better budget always helps, but knowing/applying the fundamentals isnt necessarily budget-related.
ur camera is the eye of the audience, and sets the mood for each scene.
knowing when to switch from full, to medium or close shots makes all the difference....as does a steady camera.

good job tho, the cg composition may b the best ive seen outta these shores.
will follow ur progress.
cheers
Re: THE DAY THEY Came(an African Sci-fi Film) by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 07, 2013
Guy,
I think i'd be wise to make a trailer, maybe 2:43mins. This can be easily shared around socal network sites and pretty much everyone should be able to get a look of what you've got to offer.
Re: THE DAY THEY Came(an African Sci-fi Film) by genetos(m): 1:37pm On Sep 07, 2013
Thanks guys! We are coming out with sometin better nd new nd working hard to create the ground breaking episode two, nd pls do share with friends nd ur social networks, you comments really matter to us as it encourages us. Thanks again! Episode 2 will be way better
Re: THE DAY THEY Came(an African Sci-fi Film) by spywareczar(m): 2:52pm On Sep 07, 2013
@Genetos, nice camera tracking, the modelling nd texturing re awesome, meks me tink of the movie "Avengers", thre's stil room 4 improvement sha, work on ur light flares

(1) (Reply)

Truth Is, You Aren’t A Good Designer / Photoshop Tutorial For Newbies / Contact Me For Every Of Your Designs And Printing Needs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.