Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

When Grace Prevails - Winning Each Day Devotional - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Grace Prevails - Winning Each Day Devotional (450 Views)

Post-dated Praise Part 2 - Winning Each Day Devotional / Swimming Against The Current - Winning Each Day Devotional / Why You Must Hear From God - Winning Each Day Devotional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When Grace Prevails - Winning Each Day Devotional by PstWoleSoetan(m): 6:27pm On Sep 06, 2013
WINNING EACH DAY DEVOTIONAL

2Cor 2:14 And thanks be to God who ALWAYS causes us to triumph...

WHEN GRACE PREVAILS

Sept 6, 2013

MEMORY VERSE: Song of Solomon 1:6 Do not look upon me, because I am dark, Because the sun has tanned me. My mother’s sons were angry with me; They made me the keeper of the vineyards, But my own vineyard I have not kept.

Whenever God wants to effect a change in our lives, He employs grace. This was what happened in Song of Solomon 1. Here, Solomon met and fell in love with a peasant girl who could not hold a candle to the daughters of Jerusalem. Though she was lovely, she was dark skinned and was not as refined as the daughters of Jerusalem. None of this mattered to Solomon however as his love for her only grew. Solomon loved her so much that he disguised himself as a shepherd in order to win her over before revealing his true identity as the King.

Isn’t that what the word of God shows us about Jesus? He meets us at our level and when we have been won over, he reveals himself to us as Lord. That’s grace! We didn’t qualify for it but God as supreme commander of the universe decided of His own free will to qualify us (see Matthew 20:1-16). This is the centre of Christianity! Nobody on his or her own merit qualifies for the blessings of God. But the Lord who is rich in mercy reaches out to us.

God meets us where we are but does not leave us there. King Solomon did not leave the peasant girl where he found her, he took her to Jerusalem. God calls us out of those dark situations of depression, oppression, rejection, addiction, debt, etc and shines His light of favour upon us.

CONFESSION: I have been qualified by God. I am God's beloved!

PRAYER: Lord I pray that your grace will prevail in my life in Jesus' name.

FURTHER READING: Psalm 44:3,Rom 5:21

(1) (Reply)

Can You Foretell The Date Of Your Death? / Why Don't We Become Workers? / Popes John Paul II And John XXIII To Become Saints

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.