Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Graduates: Is Your Occupation Related To Your Degree? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Graduates: Is Your Occupation Related To Your Degree? (4445 Views)

When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! / 8 Categories Of Occupation People Do That Brings Forth Insult From The Society / Which Is Actually More Important, Your Degree Or Work Experience? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graduates: Is Your Occupation Related To Your Degree? by Jarus(m): 10:47am On May 07, 2009
Studied Economics, doing Accounting job.I'm not keen at establishing a long term career in Accounting, it was just the first job that came. Now I'm well grounded in Accounting and that will be an extra value to me when I eventually leave. I want to leave for a job where my knowledge of Economics will be my primary tool (likes thinking and evolving macroeconomic policies, so thinking CBN).
Re: Graduates: Is Your Occupation Related To Your Degree? by ceysaga: 2:06pm On May 07, 2009
As a matter of fact, mine is. I studied Biochem nd work in food company lab. Lucky me.
Re: Graduates: Is Your Occupation Related To Your Degree? by Meldrick(m): 11:07am On May 14, 2009
Will the Nigerian system ever allow you practise what you study? A lot of youths graduate from the the University with a lot of enthusiasm but after roaming the streets of this country, they end up doing anything.
Well in my case, I read Political Science but I've found myself in an Accounting environment. Now I'm thinking of doing some professional courses relating to the field.
Re: Graduates: Is Your Occupation Related To Your Degree? by adagz01(m): 7:48pm On Sep 16, 2010
I'm geting inspired through the replies and i will be glad to read more.so lets keep the thread alive!
Re: Graduates: Is Your Occupation Related To Your Degree? by Nobody: 3:50am On Jul 18, 2011
quite old a thread but i don't mind contibuting.

i did Science Lab Tech (Chem/Biochem) and i'm in the food manufacturing line which i'd longed 4 while in sch. But 2 me, what matters more is how much MONEY u making wherever it is u find urself after sch.

2good:

, There were 2 people that made a 1st class in my department in the late 70's. I continued with his education to become a PhD holder and eventually went into lecturing in thesame Univ. while the other one went into the industry as an engineer and also did some businesses. At the end of the day, the one that went into the industry later became a Governor in one of the eastern states while this PhD is struggling to even change his car even though he has lectured a lot of Millionaires.
My point is that I dont believe in going to the Univ. without having anything to show for it , The main thing is graduate and make money with your degree,

I can't agree more, man! No b 1st class i won chop.

Well, i equally buy ur idea 2 an extent, Celemel. But reaping hugely 4rm ur academic qualifications doesn't necessarily hinder one 4rm engaging in anything that can help to bring out the best in them.

celemel:

2good,
You sound like a typical nigerian. Money is all things? I doubt. Job satisfaction counts more than the filthy lure of lucre. It's all right to think success in terms of money, but beyond money, you need a job that can bring out the best in you. Thats my point. Else, you turn to the Chris Uba's, Arthur Nzeribe's and even Emeka Offor's of this world, who rolick in money, but have little substance to justify their oppulence. Do you think these guys are among the happiest men on earth? I honestly doubt it! lipsrsealed

My kind of persn will strive 2 dig out d best i can ever b, regardless how much money i have.
Re: Graduates: Is Your Occupation Related To Your Degree? by blank(f): 5:48pm On Jul 20, 2011
Yes, I am. Its easier when you study a professional course to actually work in your field.
Re: Graduates: Is Your Occupation Related To Your Degree? by Pennywise(m): 5:50pm On Jul 20, 2011
Yep. Always been. Grew up in it. etc

(1) (2) (Reply)

Careers For Graduate With Degree In Banking And Finance / Exxonmobil Apprenticeship Programme 2017 / Port Workers To Down Tools Tuesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.