Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Did Your Parents Beat Or Flog You While Growing Up? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Did Your Parents Beat Or Flog You While Growing Up? (2097 Views)

Things We Believed While Growing Up / Did This Happen In Your Family While Growing Up? (Photo) / Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Your Parents Beat Or Flog You While Growing Up? by eddyland: 8:04am On Sep 07, 2013
Mek I no lie o, my mum beats and flogs us like hell as growing up children. Infact sometimes she even use comb or spoon to nak person, for me I will say that my mum enjoys beating. My dads own then were my elder brothers that he always handles, he will tell them to lie down on our palour table, because he has this koboko that he always hang in his room, he will just bring it out and lash the hell out of my brothers buttocks. I learnt that some parents even use broom to nak their kids, share your own flogging experience that you received from your parents as a naughty or mischievous growing up child.
Re: Did Your Parents Beat Or Flog You While Growing Up? by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 07, 2013
Not my parents but elder bro!

That guy beat fear comot for my body kpatakpata!
As I become young adolescence naw my only saviour was stones.
I will go a bit far and aim at his skull. Trust me I can aim very well.
The only koko be say make I no near him or house till mummy comes back.

I call that sweet revenge.
Re: Did Your Parents Beat Or Flog You While Growing Up? by quivah(f): 8:24am On Sep 07, 2013
being the only girl and last child,most of my wrong doings were overlooked and the ones that weren't, were not wrong enough.. but I always remember this one, I fought with my brother(till now I still believe he was the one at fault) ,it was a real fight.. surely,he wounded me(nose,forehead and knee) I thought my dad/mum was gon over look it as usual and prolly blame my brother(coz He was @ fault and I was wounded) when my dad got back,I ran to him to explain what had happened earlier . .he only said sorry..
But when mum arrived,before saying fem,I got a slap(I do call him by his name whenever we fight)got another after narrating what happened
I went on self hunger strike 4 a day..coz I felt I was wrongly judged . mum dint even look my side for that period na that my same brother bring me food and we got along again

1 Like

Re: Did Your Parents Beat Or Flog You While Growing Up? by uboma(m): 8:33am On Sep 07, 2013
My parents didn't spare the rod when I was stubborn and disobedient.
Re: Did Your Parents Beat Or Flog You While Growing Up? by mysticgal(f): 10:04am On Sep 07, 2013
the last i was lashed was when i was 12,but i remembered being flogged with a gas cooker hose cos i stole. embarassed undecided sad lipsrsealed wink
Re: Did Your Parents Beat Or Flog You While Growing Up? by xynerise: 10:07am On Sep 07, 2013
My father rake me like soldier
Re: Did Your Parents Beat Or Flog You While Growing Up? by vivianc(f): 10:09am On Sep 07, 2013
Mine was more than beating and flogging, it was more like pounding. Chei, the couple use me flex their muscles well well.

Now wey dem don get really stubborn children, my mum don tire. My mum now claims she did all that to me out of ignorance, she didn't know pounding me like that was a sin.
Re: Did Your Parents Beat Or Flog You While Growing Up? by bellong: 10:27am On Sep 07, 2013
My mum had a special way of serving it chilled. Anytime we offend, she gives us a special delicacy that night to our satisfaction. In the middle of the night, she will wake the offender up and made sure you are well awake. She then start talking sense into your head, at the point you start feeling remorse about your action, she then bring out this special wire to whip the devil out of you.

I was always weary of her special delicacies at night because I knew what will follow in the midnight... Maximum shishi cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Did Your Parents Beat Or Flog You While Growing Up? by adexsimply(m): 10:28am On Sep 07, 2013
vivianc: Mine was more than beating and flogging, it was more like pounding. Chei, the couple use me flex their muscles well well.

Now wey dem don get really stubborn children, my mum don tire. My mum now claims she did all that to me out of ignorance, she didn't know pounding me like that was a sin.
grin grin
Re: Did Your Parents Beat Or Flog You While Growing Up? by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 07, 2013
My parents never flogged me and my siblings but they used objects instead grin

My parents hate flogging.
Re: Did Your Parents Beat Or Flog You While Growing Up? by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 07, 2013
bellong: My mum had a special way of serving it chilled. Anytime we offend, she gives us a special delicacy that night to our satisfaction. In the middle of the night, she will wake the offender up and made sure you are well awake. She then start talking sense into your head, at the point you start feeling remorse about your action, she then bring out this special wire to whip the devil out of you.

I was always weary of her special delicacies at night because I knew what will follow in the midnight... Maximum shishi cheesy cheesy
lmao grin you remind me of myself as a kid.mum does that to,so you know what ill do.when i know i have offended and i know she will come in the night,i will lock my room so that in the middle of the night when she comes,she wont gain acess.the following morning,i wont be able to come out of the room because of fear.they will be banging the door,but ill have had my bath,dressed and passed through the window of my room to go to school,when i come back i will buy pineapples for her because thats her favourite and before i come back from school,after all the shouting etc,she will have calmed down.but there is this particular day my mom beat me,chai! The mark is still in my body.i used her typex to paint my nails.she poured all the types on me,beat me,bite me,use her nails to tear my skin.that time,the typex was like ten naira,so i was wondering why she was beating me because of ten naira something.lol
Re: Did Your Parents Beat Or Flog You While Growing Up? by jmoore(m): 11:19am On Sep 07, 2013
adaobi123: My parents never flogged me and my siblings but they used objects instead grin

My parents hate flogging.

objects like pestle or?
Re: Did Your Parents Beat Or Flog You While Growing Up? by jmoore(m): 11:21am On Sep 07, 2013
They flogged me but not always, thanks to me for being a good boy smiley
Re: Did Your Parents Beat Or Flog You While Growing Up? by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 07, 2013
jmoore:

objects like pestle or?

Anything they could get their hands on grin
Re: Did Your Parents Beat Or Flog You While Growing Up? by jmoore(m): 11:25am On Sep 07, 2013
adaobi123:

Anything they could get their hands on grin

lol, odikwa egwu!
Re: Did Your Parents Beat Or Flog You While Growing Up? by kreamidiva(f): 11:27am On Sep 07, 2013
Mehhhnnn......my dad was mean o! I still have this mark on my arm that i got from the wire of a radio (that's what he uses to flog us) for attending Scripture union fellowship without informing anyone of my whereabouts. Kai
Re: Did Your Parents Beat Or Flog You While Growing Up? by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 07, 2013
^^Wire ? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Did Your Parents Beat Or Flog You While Growing Up? by krystal101(f): 12:09pm On Sep 07, 2013
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha @ everyone
While I was growing up,my mom dealt with me WELL. Dad was working in abuja, so it was jes her, 1remember 1day, I was playing with my neighbour's cutlass, and she warned me about it, so it cut me real deep. She 1st closed the door so I won't run outside, then the flogging began b4 we started treating the wound... I'm married with a son now but I'll never forget that day!
Re: Did Your Parents Beat Or Flog You While Growing Up? by Nigerianmovie(m): 1:16pm On Sep 07, 2013
I have tasted it all. Fan belt, koboko, sticks of different size and shape which one remain....mine was double knacking house and school.yes I attended gov't school briefly.
men I suffered but the one way I no understand na my mummcy slap....it comes like slap but hits me like a punch and each left a resound like wiiinnnnnnn.....God have mercy
Re: Did Your Parents Beat Or Flog You While Growing Up? by vivianc(f): 1:50pm On Sep 07, 2013
bellong: My mum had a special way of serving it chilled. Anytime we offend, she gives us a special delicacy that night to our satisfaction. In the middle of the night, she will wake the offender up and made sure you are well awake. She then start talking sense into your head, at the point you start feeling remorse about your action, she then bring out this special wire to whip the devil out of you.

Sounds like we have same specie of a mother. Mine doesn't talk much tho, she smiles mischieviously. You won't even get the slightest hint of what she would do cos her face would be expressionless. The midnight chilled delivery was the worst cos you wouldn't be allowed to wail. Eh? Wail and shout so that neighbour would hear that she is pounding her own child? You are not allowed to do that.

Then when i grew into a teenager, she developed another pounding strategy. She would be the one pounding me o and be crying and wailing that I have killed her.

1 Like

Re: Did Your Parents Beat Or Flog You While Growing Up? by vivianc(f): 1:58pm On Sep 07, 2013

Sounds like we have same specie of a mother. Mine doesn't talk much tho, she smiles mischieviously. You won't even get the slightest hint of what she would do cos her face would be expressionless. The midnight chilled delivery was the worst cos you wouldn't be allowed to wail. Eh? Wail and shout so that neighbour would hear that she is pounding her own child? You are not allowed to do that.

Then when i grew into a teenager, she developed another pounding strategy. She would be the one pounding me o and be crying and wailing that I have killed her.
Re: Did Your Parents Beat Or Flog You While Growing Up? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 07, 2013
Never experienced it.

It is well grin
Re: Did Your Parents Beat Or Flog You While Growing Up? by simplifier(f): 3:08pm On Sep 07, 2013
My dad of blessed memory will make u crawl in front of the compound with everybody watchn, only d jeer u get will do d job or still he will use cain on ur head.
Re: Did Your Parents Beat Or Flog You While Growing Up? by Popowaa: 3:44pm On Sep 07, 2013
I was flogged becos i had a heart as hard as stone(thank God i didnt grow with it),no amount of beating could make me do what i didnt want to till my elder sis found a new remedy to my sturbborn heart.She will grind ginger,squeeze the water out of it and insert it down there the day my mum found out come see third world war for the house.
Re: Did Your Parents Beat Or Flog You While Growing Up? by ireneidiva(f): 5:17pm On Sep 07, 2013
I don't even want to think of it. I was flogged for talking to a boy of all things. Anyway sha, will never hit my kids, there are just better ways to correct them.

1 Like

Re: Did Your Parents Beat Or Flog You While Growing Up? by HezronLorraine(m): 6:00pm On Sep 07, 2013
Never experienced it.from childhood till now,the only time my father ever laid his hand on me was last year when he slapped me for making an offensive comment,out of hot temper and fury cause of a boiling matter he stood up and pow on my face.he later came back to apologize for that even though he was still angry.

My mom on the other hand when I was very little,would draw me by the ear,not too painfully just to pass her message across.she has never cursed out at me,the least she'll do is probably keep nagging about what I've done.
Re: Did Your Parents Beat Or Flog You While Growing Up? by Bootylicious(f): 6:52pm On Sep 07, 2013
My parents neva hit me while growing. My mum always cut off my hair wit scissors while I am sleeping, that was my punishment, my hair was what I liked most about myself and she always used Dat against me...
eddyland: Mek I no lie o, my mum beats and flogs us like hell as growing up children. Infact sometimes she even use comb or spoon to nak person, for me I will say that my mum enjoys beating. My dads own then were my elder brothers that he always handles, he will tell them to lie down on our palour table, because he has this koboko that he always hang in his room, he will just bring it out and lash the hell out of my brothers buttocks. I learnt that some parents even use broom to nak their kids, share your own flogging experience that you received from your parents as a naughty or mischievous growing up child.
Re: Did Your Parents Beat Or Flog You While Growing Up? by DollyParton1(f): 6:49am On Sep 08, 2013
Lol. Enough beating at home and in. School. Funny my dad still claims I wasn't beaten enough compared to my two older sibblings. Most times I go days without greeting or talkiing to boths parents if I get beaten by any of them. But they are still nice enough to serve my food on the table and give me my pocket money.
I was the boss in that house man!!!
Re: Did Your Parents Beat Or Flog You While Growing Up? by ovalrose(f): 5:28pm On Sep 08, 2013
My dad was a local Jackie Chan when it came to disciplining his kids. And he always used weapons:electric wire,fan belt,trouser belt,even stoning you gari balls if he was eating. My mom on the other hand,would calmly lock the offender in the darkest,creepiest(to us kids)room in the building and let the terror be your whipping...*shudders,runs out of thread*
Re: Did Your Parents Beat Or Flog You While Growing Up? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 08, 2013
Popsie: Once (six strokes).

Mumsie: sparsely (slaps on the back, here and there).
Re: Did Your Parents Beat Or Flog You While Growing Up? by olaitan1(f): 9:38pm On Sep 08, 2013
My old man and mumsie flogged shege for my body wen I was very young. My mum uses anythin within her reach to do justice to my body be it shoes with heels, broom, turning stick etc. But my old man own na punches, strong thick cane and belt. All this made me more sturrbon and wicked.

1 Like

Re: Did Your Parents Beat Or Flog You While Growing Up? by zeb04(f): 9:59pm On Sep 08, 2013
Mehn my parent floged me. Ah rememberd wen my mum flogd me wit rod self omo those days were sufferin days. One tym I dad flogd me I thot I was goin 2 die well it realy made me stubborn. Nw weneva she starts 2 make trbl or send me I just look into her eyes nd tel her no I can't or Dats nt possible.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Nigerian Man With 58 Wives And 300 Children / Traditional Marriage List In The East. / Touching Letter By An Abused Wife To Her Husband Before She Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.