Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,579 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Which Tribe Spend More During Burial In Nigeria? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Tribe Spend More During Burial In Nigeria? (608 Views)

Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony / Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Largest Population? / Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Most Beautiful Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Which Tribe Spend More During Burial In Nigeria? by NafeesaAA(f): 11:18am On Sep 07, 2013
I attended the burial of a colleague in Imo State, Apart from the burial arrangement and paying the staffs, they have to do a big party probably slaughtered about 4 cows and several bags of rice, everything calls for celebration in Igbo land, the family spent about 2 million naira, bcoz many people came not out of sympathy but the prospect of free food.

As a Muslim, this is my first hand experience of a Christian funeral, in my area burial are no big deal irrespective of your status, seeing the wastage of money on the burial day left me shocked, considering our firm have to pay the medical bills of the lady b4 she passed away as no help was coming from the family.

I just don't know why Nigerians will always go a step further in anything they do? From gold casket, synchronised burial guards, in fact they will import the burial clothes if possible i heard a family delayed their burial because they were waiting for a musician to come back from overseas.
Re: Which Tribe Spend More During Burial In Nigeria? by DJDOLA(m): 11:25am On Sep 07, 2013
Not new....IJEBU people celebrate burial party from monday 2 sunday one cow each for a day..so what new?
Re: Which Tribe Spend More During Burial In Nigeria? by quivah(f): 12:15pm On Sep 07, 2013
DJDOLA: Not new....IJEBU people celebrate burial party from monday 2 sunday one cow each for a day..so what new?
bro ? Abegi,na lie!
@post,have not been to lotta burial ceremonies but the igbos are my take.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Feel Reluctant To Cross The Road In Front Of A 'learner'? / Someone Should Help Me Interprete My Dreams! / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.