Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,014 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Bribery In The Bible ?! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bribery In The Bible ?! (818 Views)

Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / Why I Published The TB Joshua Bribery Audio - Nicholas Ibekwe / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bribery In The Bible ?! by bigfather(m): 11:36pm On Jun 16, 2008
Can someone read this verse to clearify if it is true ? undecided.

MATTEW 5 vs 25 - 26.
Re: Bribery In The Bible ?! by AKO1(m): 11:47pm On Jun 16, 2008
big father:

Can someone read this verse to clearify if it is true ? undecided.

MATTEW 5 vs 25 - 26.

I dont think its talkng about bribery. "Farthing" is an old english word for penny. I think it is figurative for punishment i.e. such a person will not be released until they have served their full jail term. But literarilly, it could mean bail.

P.S. please endeavour to copy/paste the scriptures you quote for convenience. Thanks.

25"Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still with him on the way, or he may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison. 26I tell you the truth, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny.

(1) (Reply)

All Need To See This Video: Your Soul Depends On It. / Dr.Hormoz, Phd,scientist. How I Came To Christ From Islam - (part 1 And 2) / Arab Spring may trigger anti-Israeli war

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.