Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,576 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Boldness In Prayer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Boldness In Prayer (2343 Views)

Boldness In Sharing The Gospel / Boldness In The Holy Place / Relevance Of "the Blood Of Jesus"and Holy Ghost Fire,in Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boldness In Prayer by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:08pm On Sep 07, 2013
Boldness in Prayer

"In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him" (Ephesians 3:12).

There is a wonderful exhortation and promise in Hebrews 4:15-16: “For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted [that is, ‘tested’] like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.”

We are not to come presumptuously or arrogantly to God in prayer, but we can come boldly! This is not by virtue of our own merits, of course, but because Christ Himself has opened the way for us. “Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; And having an high priest over the house of God; Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith” (Hebrews 10:19-22).

Because He has been fully tested yet free from sin, and because of the shed “blood of Jesus” and the opened veil “through his flesh,” if we come “by the faith of him,” we do have “access” to God’s “throne of grace” and can boldly present our petitions. These must, of course, be dependent upon His will, for “this is the confidence [same Greek word as ‘boldness’] that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: And . . . we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him” (1 John 5:14-15).

But, whether a particular request is granted or denied in accord with God’s greater wisdom, or whether the answer is delayed until God’s more propitious time, we can always “find grace to help in time of need.” He is our great high priest, our mediator, our advocate with the Father, our intercessor, and we can surely pray with “boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.” HMM

For more . . . .

2 Likes

Re: Boldness In Prayer by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:07pm On Sep 07, 2013
Ola, does it not bother you that nobody reads all you write here?

1 Like

Re: Boldness In Prayer by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:13pm On Sep 07, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Ola, does it not bother you that nobody reads all you write here?

Why do you assume that nobody reads it? You are reading it and there are at least 30 other viewers that I can see that has clicked on this thread.
Re: Boldness In Prayer by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:18pm On Sep 07, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Why do you assume that nobody reads it? You are reading it and there are at least 30 other viewers that I can see that has clicked on this thread.

No, I didn't read it. Clicking isn't reading.

1 Like

Re: Boldness In Prayer by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:24pm On Sep 07, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

No, I didn't read it. Clicking isn't reading.

At least you were curious enough to click on it and you may learn a thing or two by doing that. wink
Re: Boldness In Prayer by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:27pm On Sep 07, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

At least you were curious enough to click on it and you may learn a thing or two by doing that. wink

There is nothing to learn from a soldier of christ except cowardice.

1 Like

Re: Boldness In Prayer by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:45pm On Sep 07, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

There is nothing to learn from a soldier of christ except cowardice.

Cowards are the ones who only wait for the cover of the dark for them to operate. If you are bold you will come out into the light during the day to face your enemies. If you are wise you would have learnt how your master's head got crushed under the feet of my Master and not repeat the same mistake of crossing His path.

2 Likes

Re: Boldness In Prayer by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:19pm On Sep 07, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Cowards are the ones who only wait for the cover of the dark for them to operate. If you are bold you will come out into the light during the day to face your enemies. If you are wise you would have learnt how your master's head got crushed under the feet of my Master and not repeat the same mistake of crossing His path.

Haha. Which master of yours crushed my Master? The fatherless whipped one hanging on a tree crying lama sabathani!?

[img]http://gadelali.files./2011/03/img_0573.jpg?w=671&h=1037[/img]

1 Like

Re: Boldness In Prayer by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 07, 2013
OLAADEGBU: Boldness in Prayer

"In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him" (Ephesians 3:12).

There is a wonderful exhortation and promise in Hebrews 4:15-16: “For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted [that is, ‘tested’] like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.”

We are not to come presumptuously or arrogantly to God in prayer, but we can come boldly! This is not by virtue of our own merits, of course, but because Christ Himself has opened the way for us. “Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; And having an high priest over the house of God; Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith” (Hebrews 10:19-22).

Because He has been fully tested yet free from sin, and because of the shed “blood of Jesus” and the opened veil “through his flesh,” if we come “by the faith of him,” we do have “access” to God’s “throne of grace” and can boldly present our petitions. These must, of course, be dependent upon His will, for “this is the confidence [same Greek word as ‘boldness’] that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: And . . . we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him” (1 John 5:14-15).

But, whether a particular request is granted or denied in accord with God’s greater wisdom, or whether the answer is delayed until God’s more propitious time, we can always “find grace to help in time of need.” He is our great high priest, our mediator, our advocate with the Father, our intercessor, and we can surely pray with “boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.” HMM

For more . . . .
Beautiful,let him that has ear hear what the Spirit is saying.
Re: Boldness In Prayer by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 07, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Haha. Which master of yours crushed my Master? The fatherless whipped one hanging on a tree crying lama sabathani!?

Yet death couldn't hold Him captive.Even in the grave,He is LORD.
Re: Boldness In Prayer by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:32pm On Sep 07, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Haha. Which master of yours crushed my Master? The one hanging on a tree crying lama sabathani!?

Yes. That was when your master was bruising my master's heel. But did your master tell you how his own head was bruised afterwards?

"And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed; it shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel" (Genesis 3:15).

Again, If you are wise you will jump a sinking ship.

Re: Boldness In Prayer by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:41pm On Sep 07, 2013
Bidam: Yet death couldn't hold Him captive.Even in the grave,He is LORD.

Because he's a zombie. Zombies don't die.

1 Like

Re: Boldness In Prayer by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:43pm On Sep 07, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Yes. That was when your master was bruising my master's heel. But did your master tell you how his own head was bruised afterwards?

"And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed; it shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel" (Genesis 3:15).

Again, If you are wise you will jump a sinking ship.

No. You read but don't understand. My Master is a spirit. His spirit entered a snake and used the snake. My Master is not the snake. Your master in his frustration of not being able to anything to mine decided to curse the poor snake intead.

My Master is Supreme. Nobody can crush him. Ever.

1 Like

Re: Boldness In Prayer by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:59pm On Sep 07, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

No. You read but don't understand. My Master is a spirit. His spirit entered a snake and used the snake. My Master is not the snake. Your master in his frustration of not being able to anything to mine decided to curse the poor snake intead.

My Master is Supreme. Nobody can crush him. Ever.

I know that your master is a spirit but it used the body of a serpent to tempt and deceive a child of God. As the curse was placed on the serpent whose body was used as a conduit for your master you should realise that the same curse is pending on all those of you who use their bodies/soul/spirit as an agent for your master. Your master's head is constantly battered anytime you try to attack the children of God, especially those who know their rights.

"And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly" (Romans 16:20)

Re: Boldness In Prayer by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:27pm On Sep 07, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Our Lord Jesus Christ's body was broken and His blood was shed for a purpose: To destroy the works of your master.

"Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, He also Himself likewise took part of the same; that through death He might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through the fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. For verily He took not on Him the nature of angels; but He took on Him the seed of Abraham " (Hebrews 2:14-16)

1 Like

Re: Boldness In Prayer by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:35pm On Sep 07, 2013
"Surely he hath Borne our griefs."
- Steve Green, Larnelle Harris and Michael English.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc0EL7JyvQc

"Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."

-- Isaiah 53:4-5
Re: Boldness In Prayer by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:03pm On Sep 07, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Our Lord Jesus Christ's body was broken and His blood was shed for a purpose: To destroy the works of your master.

And how did that work out? Total failure. My Master is still here. My Master is still in charge.

1 Like

Re: Boldness In Prayer by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:54pm On Sep 07, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

And how did that work out? Total failure. My Master is still here. My Master is still in charge.

"And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the Word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death" (Revelation 12:11)

1 Like

Re: Boldness In Prayer by Nobody: 12:07am On Sep 08, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Because he's a zombie. Zombies don't die.
Have you seen zombies eat and in their right minds?Even your master as a disembodied spirit does not have the privilege except he enters snakes and bodies of his disciples.
Re: Boldness In Prayer by AlfaSeltzer(m): 4:39am On Sep 08, 2013
Bidam: Have you seen zombies eat and in their right minds?Even your master as a disembodied spirit does not have the privilege except he enters snakes and bodies of his disciples.

Yes, zombies eat other people, (flesh and blood things). And when you are eaten, you become one of them. Then you can't get enough and start looking for others to eat and turn into zombies. And yes, they are in their right minds, like your master.

My Master transcends hunger.
Re: Boldness In Prayer by AlfaSeltzer(m): 4:42am On Sep 08, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

"And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the Word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death" (Revelation 12:11)

Hehe. Is this the past or a wishful future? So na to juju una turn to? Incantations and blood spilling? Laughable.
Re: Boldness In Prayer by Nobody: 5:28am On Sep 08, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

My Master transcends hunger.
You are a liar since you carry the nature of your father which is to lie.Angels food dey scarce for your master because he was cast out . So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. Revelation 12:9

so he now resorted to drinking the blood and flesh of you guys since he had no option. In order words he is the architect of [size=18pt]zombism[/size]
Re: Boldness In Prayer by bigoduni: 5:34am On Sep 08, 2013
Bidam: Yet death couldn't hold Him captive.Even in the grave,He is LORD.
HALLELUYAH
Re: Boldness In Prayer by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:49am On Sep 08, 2013
Bidam: You are a liar since you carry the nature of your father which is to lie.Angels food dey scarce for your master because he was cast out . So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. Revelation 12:9

so he now resorted to drinking the blood and flesh of you guys since he had no option. In order words he is the architect of [size=18pt]zombism[/size]

I wonder who asked his followers to frequently eat his flesh and drink his blood. Do you know? Zombie things.

There is no such thing as angel food. And the lies peddled by the godly have been debunked time and time again. So stop peddling all those lies called revelations because only mumus like yourself believe them.
Re: Boldness In Prayer by bigoduni: 6:01am On Sep 08, 2013
bigoduni: HALLELUYAH

OLA i read d post and its very much in line but av got a challenge about prayer,,
Presently am trusting God 4 companionship and job, He has assured me concerning these that He would do it, now i'm finding it really difficult to keep waiting and each time i pray. HE keeps directing me to SERVICE (ministry of intercession for others), these is making me weary, seriously in need of those as motivation.
pls i need practical advice

dt alfa guy only needs ur prayer, spare him
Re: Boldness In Prayer by AlfaSeltzer(m): 6:17am On Sep 08, 2013
bigoduni:

OLA i read d post and its very much in line but av got a challenge about prayer,,
Presently am trusting God 4 companionship and job, He has assured me concerning these that He would do it, now i'm finding it really difficult to keep waiting and each time i pray. HE keeps directing me to SERVICE (ministry of intercession for others), these is making me weary, seriously in need of those as motivation.

prayer not working? how surprising? maybe you aren't praying hard enough. Do you need ola to intercede on your behalf? Like the virgin mum does for the pope followers? hehe.
Re: Boldness In Prayer by mickypounds(m): 7:05am On Sep 08, 2013
I love being foolish(the way atheism refer following christ) FINAL WORDS:I WILL FOLLOW CHRIST TILL THE END. Click like if you'd do same

1 Like

Re: Boldness In Prayer by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:06am On Sep 08, 2013
mickypounds: I love being foolish(the way atheism refer foolowing christ) FINAL WORDS:I WILL FOLLOW CHRIST TILL THE END. Click like if you'd do same

doubts creeping in? need to reassure yourself?
Re: Boldness In Prayer by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:03pm On Sep 08, 2013
bigoduni:

Hi brother bigoduni, God has surely answered your prayers. It is either a Yes or a No or wait and you have heard that you should wait. While you are waiting you have to PUSH. Pray, preach, persevere Until Something Happens. Be faithful in praying, preaching and persevering while you take the pains to play your part in applying for jobs, don't give up.

If you are faithful in little things the Lord will reward you in bigger things. Find some voluntary work to do in your church and in some organisations and do them faithfully as to the Lord and the good Lord will reward you in good time.

When you give a tithe of your time, talent, treasure to the Lord He will reward you with His good pleasure. Don't tell God that you have a big problem, tell your problem that you have a big God. wink

Re: Boldness In Prayer by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:06pm On Sep 08, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Hehe. Is this the past or a wishful future? So na to juju una turn to? Incantations and blood spilling? Laughable.

Past, Present and Future. Are you getting scared already?

Re: Boldness In Prayer by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:14pm On Sep 08, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Past, Present and Future. Are you getting scared already?

Scared of crying Jesus or the hiding omnimpotent?
Re: Boldness In Prayer by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:19pm On Sep 08, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Scared of crying Jesus or the hiding omnimpotent?

You need to be scared of the risen King who is the Lion of the tribe of Judah! Remind your master of the Second coming of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atheism In Decline And Will Be Defeated By Faith, Says Oxford Professor / C.C.T Deliverance Ministry. Renunciation, Deliverance & Other program's Days / A Thread For Those Who Have Been Cured Of Insanity By Men Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.