Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Prayer Warrior Dies Of Ebola. Name Of Jesus Cannot Cure Ebola - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prayer Warrior Dies Of Ebola. Name Of Jesus Cannot Cure Ebola (2265 Views)

"God Cannot Be Tempted. Jesus Was Tempted. Therefore, Jesus Cannot Be God". How? / 'I Can Cure Ebola Virus With Holy Water Cost $150,000' - TB Joshua / Prayer Warrior Bathes 15-year-old Girl With ‘holy’ Hot Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prayer Warrior Dies Of Ebola. Name Of Jesus Cannot Cure Ebola by alienvirus: 12:11pm On Sep 11, 2014
JOE BLOW TOWN, Liberia—“Sis” Jartu Kerkulah was in the floral-print chair in her living room when the burial team in biohazard suits found her. Behind her was a bulletin board with snapshots of some of the people who had enriched her life of 46 years, a list that included her four children, her siblings, and friends from her Pentecostal church. An open prayer book lay face-down on her armrest. A toy fire station rested on the linoleum floor beside her feet.
To the five men who had come to carry her away, she was apparently the latest victim of Ebola in lower Margibi County, a muddy stretch of land where gangly rubber trees bow over chest-high grass. To the scores of neighbors who stood in the fine rain outside her home that day in late August, and to others who knew her well, she was the praise-and-worship leader at the local Bethel Heart of Faith Church, the one who entered the homes of the sick to pray for their recovery.
“She was a prayer warrior,” recalled her friend, Retta Livingstone Wahid.
Sis Jartu would place her palms on the stomach, or at times the forehead, of the sufferer she visited. Then she’d speak to the Holy Spirit and request a heavenly intervention.
At other times, she’d sit on the lawn outside her house and chat with the passersby who walked the town’s dirt paths.
In the weeks before her death, as Ebola was stalking the tin-roof homes of rural Liberia, her friends and family had come to worry that she was growing closer to God in a way that jeopardized her stay on Earth, they said. They begged her to stop touching the sick. To each of them she replied, “I know my God will protect me,” Mrs. Wahid recalled.
Near the close of August, Sis fell ill. When her fever didn’t break, her children carried her to a health clinic nearby but there was no room to admit her, family members said. They left with a handful of painkillers. Then they returned her home, the place where most West Africans believed to be infected with Ebola now suffer as hospitals in the region cope with a shortage of space.
Her husband, David Kerkulah, a retired security guard, was among those who had gathered on her lawn that day to say goodbye. The two had been separated during the past year, he said, but after hearing the news of her death he’d come to see her off.
He’d spent the prior night sleeping on a wooden bench outside Sis Jartu’s window, he said. The couple’s four children weren’t able to join him. They were under quarantine in a clinic because they had bathed and cared for their ailing mother.
“I talked to them today on the telephone,” Mr. Kerkulah said to Rev. Kortu Koilor, acting director of Bethel Heart of Faith, as they stood together. “They told me they were doing well,” he added.
The men on the burial team made a circle on the lawn and took turns dressing each other for the biohazard. First the gloves, then another pair of gloves, then a head-to-toe plastic body suit, face mask, goggles, then a third pair of gloves. All set, they walked up to the side door of the lonely house at the bottom of a wet hill.
Sis Jartu had left a floral-print bedspread hanging on the laundry line. Inside, her cushions and chairs were scattered, her bed wasn’t made. It wasn’t typical for a woman who was known to loathe a mess, who died in one, alone, with nobody allowed to touch her.
She was carried from the house where she had lived for 15 years, into a cargo van, the biohazard crew spraying bleach on the beige and brown linoleum one last time as they went.
Some of her well-wishers shot video on their cell phones. Many teared up. Around their feet, her chickens stayed busy pecking at the grass.
She left Joe Blow Town in a body bag within another body bag, with a police car leading the way to the burial site. Her family had been given only 24 hours to process their loss. It wasn’t the kind of farewell they would have wished for.
Her oldest brother, John Simgbae, 52, who is also a pastor, would have wanted her buried in the customary manner for lower Margibi County, though he understood, he said, why that was not possible now.
First, the family would have brought her body to the church and spent the night there. They’d have spent all the next day in the church too, singing hymns over her and touching her, passing out soda and snacks to the bereaved. On the following day, they’d have walked her to the cemetery, wailing and sobbing. Some might have thrown themselves into the grave.
“Then the pastor would just take a shovel according to Genesis chapter two,” her brother said, taking off his spectacles to wipe his eyes, “as God said that from the dust you comes, dust you will go.”
Instead, Rev. Simgbae found himself standing on a soccer field, one of only four family members permitted by lower Margibi County to attend his sister’s funeral. They had to remain a safe 50 meters back from the spot just over the hill where pallbearers in rubber boots were burying Sis in the restricted, Ebola section of her hometown’s cemetery.
Only 23 people came to Sunday mass at Bethel Heart of Faith the next morning, enough to fill just two pews. The rest were too frightened, Rev. Koilor said.
The last month had taken a terrible toll on this congregation. Tebeh Moore, known as “Misses,” had come down with an ailment that started in early August with convulsions and fever, symptoms consistent with Ebola. The church director, Rev. George S. Karwah, had driven her an hour and a half to the hospital. A week later, Rev. Karwah got sick in the same way, according to several residents here. The associate director, Rev. Samuel C. David, came by the house to pray with him. Then, Rev. David got sick, residents said. That time, somebody called an ambulance, which took several days to come. All three died, they said.
“I am to announce to this church that we lost our praise and worship leader, Sis Jartu,” Rev. Koilor began into the microphone. “She was laid to rest yesterday.”
A wail came from the rear of the church, where a woman began to sob.
God was testing their faith, Rev. Koilor preached. “We are not going to stop worshipping you!” he shouted again and again to a chorus of “Amen!” from the pews.
As the sermon closed, a drummer, a boy of 11, picked up his sticks and began to play. The rhythm announced a hymn known all over Liberia, “Thank You Lord.” A keyboardist pumped out joyous notes.
The funeral mass became more like a celebration, as churchgoers spun around the aisles, ran circles through the church, and pumped their fists in the air. ”Thank you Lord!” they sang. It was, several later said, the kind of farewell Sis Jartu would have wanted.

Source:http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/BL-DISPATCHB-4119utm_content=buffer8aa01&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Re: Prayer Warrior Dies Of Ebola. Name Of Jesus Cannot Cure Ebola by mazaje(m): 12:29pm On Sep 11, 2014
You are here, didn't you hear that pastor Jo traveled to Tanzania and healed a man with ebola in the name of Jesus?. . .Dey there. . .
Re: Prayer Warrior Dies Of Ebola. Name Of Jesus Cannot Cure Ebola by alienvirus: 12:34pm On Sep 11, 2014
mazaje: You are here, didn't you hear that pastor Jo traveled to Tanzania and healed a man with ebola in the name of Jesus?. . .Dey there. . .
Agbaje couldn't substantiate his claims. Using the name of man to cure diseases is absolutely fooolishness.
Re: Prayer Warrior Dies Of Ebola. Name Of Jesus Cannot Cure Ebola by manmustwac(m): 12:50pm On Sep 11, 2014
She was a prayer warrior [s]or what I prefer to call a talking to yourself warrior[/s] She didn't even listen to the advice from her people about Ebola.
They begged her to stop touching the sick. To each of them she replied, “I know my God will protect me,” Mrs. Wahid recalled.
You see what religion dose to people. angry

5 Likes

Re: Prayer Warrior Dies Of Ebola. Name Of Jesus Cannot Cure Ebola by Oduduwaboy(m): 1:59pm On Sep 11, 2014
*Tears in my eyes just now* ...what a touching story. And, we will not stop worshipping you oh thou imaginary god! Thank you for killing us...you have only taken us to heaven, those streets paved with 24karat gold. lol.

3 Likes

Re: Prayer Warrior Dies Of Ebola. Name Of Jesus Cannot Cure Ebola by Elijah78: 2:13pm On Sep 11, 2014
manmustwac: She was a prayer warrior [s]or what I prefer to call a talking to yourself warrior[/s] She didn't even listen to the advice from her people about Ebola.

You see what religion dose to people. angry

Religion is evil
Re: Prayer Warrior Dies Of Ebola. Name Of Jesus Cannot Cure Ebola by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 11, 2014
The only thing Jesus is good at is dying....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prayer Warrior Dies Of Ebola. Name Of Jesus Cannot Cure Ebola by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 11, 2014
Elijah78:

Religion is evil
Says the Christian...
Re: Prayer Warrior Dies Of Ebola. Name Of Jesus Cannot Cure Ebola by sylve11: 3:31pm On Sep 11, 2014
Na wa o! cool
Re: Prayer Warrior Dies Of Ebola. Name Of Jesus Cannot Cure Ebola by honeychild(f): 4:21pm On Sep 11, 2014
mazaje: You are here, didn't you hear that pastor Jo traveled to Tanzania and healed a man with ebola in the name of Jesus?. . .Dey there. . .
cheesy cheesy
Re: Prayer Warrior Dies Of Ebola. Name Of Jesus Cannot Cure Ebola by Yustash001(m): 6:04pm On Sep 11, 2014
Of course...jesus can't cure ebola...only God heals.....
Re: Prayer Warrior Dies Of Ebola. Name Of Jesus Cannot Cure Ebola by Donfamous(m): 8:09pm On Sep 11, 2014
Yustash001: Of course...jesus can't cure ebola...only God heals.....
pity u. Berra give ur life to Christ.
Re: Prayer Warrior Dies Of Ebola. Name Of Jesus Cannot Cure Ebola by Yustash001(m): 8:40pm On Sep 11, 2014
Donfamous: pity u. Berra give ur life to Christ.
he's already in ma lyf so stop d preaching.....
Re: Prayer Warrior Dies Of Ebola. Name Of Jesus Cannot Cure Ebola by KiKatanga: 9:15pm On Sep 11, 2014
If you believe, you will be healed, huh?

Idiots. If there is a God, he's killing Black Africans and no one else. When the White People get Ebola, and godless utter no prayers, they are saved.

3 Likes

Re: Prayer Warrior Dies Of Ebola. Name Of Jesus Cannot Cure Ebola by logicboy01: 9:24pm On Sep 11, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin

Back to sender

The prayer warrior was probably shouting holy ghost fire to burn her enemies but Sanponna retaliated and sent her Ebola!

(Sanponna is the yoruba God of disease)

1 Like

Re: Prayer Warrior Dies Of Ebola. Name Of Jesus Cannot Cure Ebola by Ochoiho: 11:27pm On Sep 11, 2014
[quote author=alienvirus]JOE BLOW TOWN, Liberia—“Sis” Jartu Kerkulah was in the floral-print chair in her living room when the burial team in biohazard suits found her. Behind her was a bulletin board with snapshots of some of the people who had enriched her life of 46 years, a list that included her four children, her siblings, and friends from her Pentecostal church. An open prayer book lay face-down on her armrest. A toy fire station rested on the linoleum floor beside her feet.
To the five men who had

'He that believeth in Me though he die yet will he live again and he that liveth and believeth shall never die'
Re: Prayer Warrior Dies Of Ebola. Name Of Jesus Cannot Cure Ebola by Donfamous(m): 9:00am On Sep 12, 2014
Yustash001: he's already in ma lyf so stop d preaching.....
then ur salvation is ingenuine if u stiLl think Jesus can't cure ebola.
Re: Prayer Warrior Dies Of Ebola. Name Of Jesus Cannot Cure Ebola by alienvirus: 9:10am On Sep 12, 2014
Can he truly cure Ebola. Why you and your pastors not traveling all over the continent in search for Ebola victims and give the adequate cure.
Donfamous: then ur salvation is ingenuine if u stiLl think Jesus can't cure ebola.

1 Like

Re: Prayer Warrior Dies Of Ebola. Name Of Jesus Cannot Cure Ebola by Yustash001(m): 9:50am On Sep 12, 2014
Donfamous: then ur salvation is ingenuine if u stiLl think Jesus can't cure ebola.
he cant...it has been destined dat dose who survived will survive and dose who died will die of it....if truly jesus can heal ebola...Y did d woman die of ebola wen she believes in jesus??

1 Like

Re: Prayer Warrior Dies Of Ebola. Name Of Jesus Cannot Cure Ebola by Yustash001(m): 9:53am On Sep 12, 2014
alienvirus: Can he truly cure Ebola. Why you and your pastors not traveling all over the continent in search for Ebola victims and give the adequate cure.
help me ask dem o...
Re: Prayer Warrior Dies Of Ebola. Name Of Jesus Cannot Cure Ebola by Donfamous(m): 9:54am On Sep 12, 2014
Yustash001: he cant...it has been destined dat dose who survived will survive and dose who died will die of it....if truly jesus can heal ebola...Y did d woman die of ebola wen she believes in jesus??
so u mean he shul AV cured the woman? So what about the American doctor who claimed he was healed NY Christ? There are some things u never knew about the saving power of Christ. Study more and pray more. Nothing is impossible for God (Jesus, holyspirit) to do.
Re: Prayer Warrior Dies Of Ebola. Name Of Jesus Cannot Cure Ebola by Yustash001(m): 9:57am On Sep 12, 2014
Donfamous: so u mean he shul AV cured the woman? So what about the American doctor who claimed he was healed NY Christ? There are some things u never knew about the saving power of Christ. Study more and pray more. Nothing is impossible for God (Jesus, holyspirit) to do.
so some xtains dat died of ebola ar true xtains...or they dnt really believe in Christ?

1 Like

Re: Prayer Warrior Dies Of Ebola. Name Of Jesus Cannot Cure Ebola by Donfamous(m): 9:59am On Sep 12, 2014
alienvirus: Can he truly cure Ebola. Why you and your pastors not traveling all over the continent in search for Ebola victims and give the adequate cure.
there is nothing they can do if they were not sent. Only him has the power to do as he pleases.
Re: Prayer Warrior Dies Of Ebola. Name Of Jesus Cannot Cure Ebola by alienvirus: 10:01am On Sep 12, 2014
Donfamous: there is nothing they can do if they were not sent. Only him has the power to do as he pleases.
LOL. So no one from the millions of Christians across African continent has been sent since. Is there a dearth of Messengers?
Re: Prayer Warrior Dies Of Ebola. Name Of Jesus Cannot Cure Ebola by torchwave: 10:02am On Sep 12, 2014
She preached the Word in the face of danger, she prayed for the sick, her life was a testimony because a dreaded disease like evd did not stop her from serving God - She fought the good fight of faith and died like a brave soldier of Christ.

Therefore is laid for her the crown of life which she shall receive for a life well spent and a glorious exit.

1 Like

Re: Prayer Warrior Dies Of Ebola. Name Of Jesus Cannot Cure Ebola by alienvirus: 10:04am On Sep 12, 2014
torchwave: She preached the Word in the face of danger, she prayed for the sick, her life was a testimony because a dreaded disease like evd did not stop her from serving God - She fought the good fight of faith and died like a brave soldier of Christ.

Therefore is laid for her the crown of life which she shall receive for a life well spent and a glorious exit.
No Bros, leave story. Why did Jesus refuse to cure her?
Re: Prayer Warrior Dies Of Ebola. Name Of Jesus Cannot Cure Ebola by Donfamous(m): 10:04am On Sep 12, 2014
Yustash001: so some xtains dat died of ebola ar true xtains...or they dnt really believe in Christ?
and what about those martyred for Christ also? Isn't Christ powerful enof to save them. There is difference between he can do it and he'll do it. If such happens to u (god forbid) and takes u away, ppl will say the same thing like was he not a Christian why can't Christ save him? But u AV confessed in ur heart that is either the doctor saves u or die. As a man thinketh in his heart so he is. May ur faith make u whole
Re: Prayer Warrior Dies Of Ebola. Name Of Jesus Cannot Cure Ebola by alienvirus: 10:08am On Sep 12, 2014
Donfamous: and what about those martyred for Christ also? Isn't Christ powerful enof to save them. There is difference between he can do it and he'll do it. If such happens to u (god forbid) and takes u away, ppl will say the same thing like was he not a Christian why can't Christ save him? But u AV confessed in ur heart that is either the doctor saves u or die. As a man thinketh in his heart so he is. May ur faith make u whole
Continue to play with semantics. Are you saying there is duplicity in Jesus ways of selection? Sorry bro, Jesus cannot save. Your supposed Jesus could not save himself on the cross however.

1 Like

Re: Prayer Warrior Dies Of Ebola. Name Of Jesus Cannot Cure Ebola by Yustash001(m): 10:09am On Sep 12, 2014
Donfamous: and what about those martyred for Christ also? Isn't Christ powerful enof to save them. There is difference between he can do it and he'll do it. If such happens to u (god forbid) and takes u away, ppl will say the same thing like was he not a Christian why can't Christ save him? But u AV confessed in ur heart that is either the doctor saves u or die. As a man thinketh in his heart so he is. May ur faith make u whole
lolz.....someone they called prayer warrior.....i knw she was a gud xtian dat's Y they give her dat name....even u....claiming to be a gud xtian...u'll still av some skeletons in ur cupboard.....#ONLY GOD HEALS#...
Re: Prayer Warrior Dies Of Ebola. Name Of Jesus Cannot Cure Ebola by Donfamous(m): 10:12am On Sep 12, 2014
Yustash001: lolz.....someone they called prayer warrior.....i knw she was a gud xtian dat's Y they give her dat name....even u....claiming to be a gud xtian...u'll still av some skeletons in ur cupboard.....#ONLY GOD HEALS#...
u've just exposed ur self that u AV some hidden agenda. I AV no skeleton in ma cupboard. All I AV is for my God alone.
Re: Prayer Warrior Dies Of Ebola. Name Of Jesus Cannot Cure Ebola by Yustash001(m): 10:29am On Sep 12, 2014
Donfamous: u've just exposed ur self that u AV some hidden agenda. I AV no skeleton in ma cupboard. All I AV is for my God alone.
ur God alone??...wen u said some pple ain't tru xtians becos they died of ebola...

1 Like

Re: Prayer Warrior Dies Of Ebola. Name Of Jesus Cannot Cure Ebola by Donfamous(m): 10:36am On Sep 12, 2014
Yustash001: ur God alone??...wen u said some pple ain't tru xtians becos they died of ebola...
I Neva said some ppl Aint thru Christian. I was only emphasizing on faith. That some ppl AV made up their mind that its either d doctor heal them or that's the end.. They never bliv Jesus can cure them. And u know without faith its impossible to please God. Shallom

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does The Bible Say Anything About A Pre-adamic Race? / UNBAIS Answers To Life's Most IMPORTANT QUESTIONS. / There Is No Eternal Security. It Is Conditional - Pastor Kumuyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.