Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,230 members, 7,836,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Chike' S Life - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chike' S Life (2773 Views)

30 Days Of Poetry, Day25 "Chike The Gentleman" Pics Inside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chike' S Life by oruchechuks(m): 6:59am On Sep 16, 2013
kayemjay: Lovely men. Believe me, you are doing good. I like the way you take the corrections and work on them. Nice 1 bro.

I noticed that you started spacing your work. Wonderful. But it seems the paragraphs are too far apart. 1.5 to 2pt line spacing is perfect.

Plus consistency is important. Try and be regulsar with your updates. I know its not easy.

Good job.
uhn.....its not easy to be all that consistent bt I'll try. thanks for the correction
Re: Chike' S Life by oruchechuks(m): 7:00am On Sep 16, 2013
Joanee: Still patiently waiting...

u surely will be rewarded. thnka for waiting
Re: Chike' S Life by oruchechuks(m): 9:16am On Sep 16, 2013
"oga diz girls dem foget there phone o" chike said to oga dada

"na the phone dey ring so?"

"no, na ur wife own" chike said in his mind

"Hello" chike spoke to the mouthpiece of the iphone4 in his hand

"Please that is my phone, i forgot it in the bus, please i beg you can u help me with returning it?" a soft voice spoke to chike

What a wonderful voice, chike couldn’t help imagining, it was so sweet and calm and also full of respect, it’s been a thousand years since chike heard this type of voice. it was unlike the ones he encounter everyday at the park, the ones at iya azonto's bar, the ones at their compound when baba iyabo will fight with his wife everyday and the only defense the wife has is the use of her tongue, women can be crazy at times, but this one is exceptional.

"wetin she talk?"

"Are you listening please?"

this where the two questions that brought chike back to reality after he realized that his mouth has been opened up wide all this while

He chose to answer the second question with a quick "yes" and lost his words again

This voice is definitely possessed, how can it have this kind of feelings on him? He didn’t even know when he started opening his mouth, a habit he hated

"Please how can i have it back" the girl at the other end asked again with half hope that she will get her phone back; she just needed her sim card if the founder of her phone cared to hand it back to her

"errrm..... That will be in the evening, if you care to wait till then" chike found his confidence back, he is a man and should be in control here.

"ok hope it will be safe with you"

"Sure" chike replied with a sharp American ascent, as the line went dead and chike couldn’t help but smiled at such a nice conversation, but what is nice about it? He smiled that thought away and focuses on his oga who is now driving towards toll gate, the bother between ogun state and Lagos.

"na wetin the person talk" oga dada asked him while concentrating on the road

"i tell am say she go collect am for evening time"

"oh na girl lost the phone"

"no na atiku son" chike said in his mind, thats oga dada for you, he love to ask silly questions and chike knows how to answer him correctly but only in his mind

"yes ooo na those girl way been wan cause fight for sango na" he finally said out loud

"Those girls get something for mind" oga dada said as if he read through chike's mind and knew that was wat chike wanted to say.

"all this ajebo pikin dem, dem no they strong jare, if fit be say na small thing dey make them fear like this o" chike said to his oga who have now drove up to the park where they will have their launch break

chike can’t stop thinking about this girl, he got her picture saved in this brain and even has a back up of it in his memory, he can’t wait to meet this girl in the evening, he didn’t just want to return her phone but he wanted to know what it was that has been bothering her, he wanted to get answers to his thousand questions that’s only if the girl will open up to him.

He ordered for a plate of rice, dodo, egg, meat, fish, beans, spaghetti and crowns it up with stew, that’s the kind of food combination you’ll get in a park. After the food he ordered for his one and only companion.............alomo bitters
Re: Chike' S Life by Wesslier(m): 11:10am On Sep 16, 2013
oruchechuks:
thanks very much. have u been to sango? so U'll know were chike lives
Nope... I guess its gonna be rily weird...
Re: Chike' S Life by oruchechuks(m): 11:49am On Sep 16, 2013
Wesslier:
Nope... I guess its gonna be rily weird...
weirder than u think
Re: Chike' S Life by Wesslier(m): 5:15pm On Sep 16, 2013
oruchechuks:
weirder than u think
den i certainly don't wanna be der... Lolz. Oya com *dropt it hot*
Re: Chike' S Life by Joanee(f): 6:46pm On Sep 16, 2013
That was short na, abeg update more...
Re: Chike' S Life by oruchechuks(m): 9:04pm On Sep 16, 2013
Wesslier:
den i certainly don't wanna be der... Lolz. Oya com *dropt it hot*
sure am droping it. have been going through your story as well
Re: Chike' S Life by oruchechuks(m): 9:08pm On Sep 16, 2013
Joanee: That was short na, abeg update more...
you wouldn't blame me. there was no power supply at the house today so I have to manage the little power on ma system. let's hope phcn will restore it tomorrow. Am on day 2 of my suspention tomorrow so expect an update
Re: Chike' S Life by oruchechuks(m): 10:53am On Sep 18, 2013
chapter 4
Its 5:30 in the evening and chike has already closed from work. His rush home was as quick unlike other days when he will likely spend some times at oga dada's house, then later pass more time at the iya azonto's bar which will be very lively at such time of the evening and later and later completes the day in biliki's room with the dinner she have to provide.

He had earlier arranged to meet the owner of the iphone4 in his possession around 5:30or so in the evening at her school.

He quickly rushed through his bath, picked up a nice shirt with one of the new jeans he bought putting up a very nice sneaker to go with it. He confirmed his dress and headed up to meet this owner coupled with the questions he has in mind to ask this girl.

biliki hasn’t arrived from his place of work when chike left the compound. He headed for the express way and flew a bike down to Sango under bridge then another one that will take him to his final destination, Covenant University.

chike smiled when he saw this magnificent school from afar, more than five hundred meters before the school gate is the magnificent wall of the school, with flowers decorating the base, grass that were up to carpet level were three to four meters beside the wall, the gate is a transparent one with a small gate house at the centre, in front of the school at the other side of the road was were buyers and sellers going about their normal duties, a small traffic is at the express in front of the school gate due to the bump the government mounted on the road to forcefully reduce the speed of careless drivers, directly opposite the school was the giant Mayer and Baker industry.

"Your money na hundred naira" the bike man said again to concur with their initial agreement

Chike brought out his wallet and paid the man, after the man zoomed off; he brought out his phone and dialed her number............................................................................................................

"Hello I’m at the gate now" chike said to the girl at the other end of the phone

"Ok, thank you, am on my way please"

"Should I stay outside the gate" chike asked wondering what the girl meant

"No just come in I’ll meet you on the way"

Chike put the phone into his pocket and walked into the gate for the very first time

He strolled in into the school and taking his time to appreciate the wonderful nature of the beautiful buildings that decorated the school compound.

"Hi" a girl with a brown skirt and pink tank top spoke to chike. "am adaeze"

"Oh hello, my name is chike"

"Oh you are Ibo" the girl replied with a look of surprise on her face

"Yeah, I brought back your phone, you forgot it in the bus"

"Yeah thanks very much, I so much appreciate"

Chike handed the phone to her as the girl showered thank you on him.

"It’s alright, mistakes do happen, but you just have to be careful when you are on public transport, you might not be this lucky next time" chike said.

"Thank you very much, you are such a wonderful and kind person, if it were another person I would have said goodbye to the phone"

Chike laughs at her joke although it’s not that funny to him, but at least to make her feel a little bit relaxed and feel free

"ermh....can I ask you something" chike said with a bright eager eye to convey his question very well

"Yeah go ahead" she replied with the look of anticipation in her eyes

"First I’ll like to apologize for shouting at you and your friend this afternoon"

"No problem" she said quietly without saying it loud but only with the movement of her lips

Chike read her lips perfectly and gave a slight nod to her answer

"What was the matter that bothered you so much that you were almost crying on the bus" chike pulled out the first question that comes to his lips amidst the thousands other ones

The look on adaeze's face changed immediately, this question has somehow brought back a bitter memory, the feelings of hatred, fear, and anguish engulfs her body that tears started building up on her face

"Hey... its ok, I never mean to pain you in anyway, am sorry" chike said trying to pat her shoulder

"It’s ok" she managed to say, wiping the tears in her face on the process

"its getting dark now and our hostel will be locked down, I’ll explain to you later" now she is crying "thanks for returning my phone" she said as she ran away from chike back into the road chike suggest to be leading to the hostel as she said.

chike couldn’t move, what manner of girl is this, that her eyes is not far away from tears, with her beautiful nature, he quickly take the moment to survey her back view as she ran back, her height is very good for a lady, with a not too slim and not too fat body size, her hips makes the perfect curve to match with her long straight legs this girl is just too beautiful for all this crab, who could have made her feel this way, this life is very funny, ones mans poison is just a sweet delicious meal for another.

Chike turned back and headed for the gate, what a day he taught, this girl is something else, his question numbers increased to double the original number, he was so amazed that this kind of girls still exist, girls that can cry, maybe he hasn’t seen his own girlfriend cried nor has he seen biliki do the same.

On getting to the express it was 8:00 already an everywhere is getting dark, chike flagged down a bike heading for Sango

"Sango how much" he purposely asked the bike man, an average man with a yellow helmet on his head and a blue overall sweater

"na three hundred" the man replied preparing himself for bargaining

"na six hundred i go like pay oo"

"oya na bring am na" the man laughed at chike's joke "ok bring one fifty"

"So you know the prize before" chike replied

"abeg enter jare make we dey go, no waste my time, day just break"

"Yeah sure day just break for una to dey make excessive money, night riders"

Chike climbed the bike as the man zoomed off to Sango,

biliki's ear will be filled today

He taught to himself
Re: Chike' S Life by ninja4life(m): 4:00pm On Sep 18, 2013
Lmao following thread
Re: Chike' S Life by Joanee(f): 10:29pm On Sep 19, 2013
Ride on, am following..
Re: Chike' S Life by princesa(f): 10:42pm On Sep 21, 2013
You're getting there. Am around now, so...?
Re: Chike' S Life by oruchechuks(m): 4:12am On Sep 22, 2013
ninja4life: Lmao following thread
thanks for following. hope you are enjoying yourself?
Re: Chike' S Life by oruchechuks(m): 4:13am On Sep 22, 2013
Joanee: Ride on, am following..
like the okada man abi.?
Re: Chike' S Life by oruchechuks(m): 4:15am On Sep 22, 2013
princesa: You're getting there. Am around now, so...?
its all you remember? smiley
princesa: You're getting there. Am around now, so...?
its all you remember?
Re: Chike' S Life by Joanee(f): 11:15pm On Sep 22, 2013
Nothing yet .. waiting o..
Re: Chike' S Life by oruchechuks(m): 7:41pm On Dec 03, 2013
I sincerly apologise to those that viewed this thread and tagged it "abandoned". I promise to get back on updates this week. the reasom for the long silence was because of a block I had and did nothing to get back on again. now I have the full motivation to get back on. thank you all for your understanding.
Re: Chike' S Life by princesa(f): 7:53pm On Dec 03, 2013
I hope this time around, you're gonna cook the rabbit stew till the end?
Re: Chike' S Life by oruchechuks(m): 5:02am On Dec 08, 2013
princesa: I hope this time around, you're gonna cook the rabbit stew till the end?
exactly! I have d rabbit all fried up now. thanks

1 Like

Re: Chike' S Life by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 08, 2013
Which kind guy be this? You apologise on dec 3 and 2day dec 8 no update yet
Re: Chike' S Life by oruchechuks(m): 11:49am On Dec 10, 2013
‘’abeg stop me for here!’’ chike announced to the bike man, who was ridding at a mind blowing speed, if not for chike’s strong mind he will have stopped the journey a long time ago.

‘’i no get change oo’’ the bike man said to chike, after collecting the five hundred naira chike handed over to him.

‘’oya bring the money na’’

‘’no worry make I look for change for you’’ the man protested, having lived in this area of the street for a long time, and with his experience in his job, he knew chike wasn’t going to look for change for him, instead he may go away with his money, and he’ll get to loose from both ends.

The bike man got down from his bike, release the bike’s stand with his right leg and begins to murmur ‘’una go wan enter okada, una no go get the correct amount, una go dey put person for unnecessary wahala’’.

‘’shebbi I been tell you make you chill make I look for change for you’’

‘’make you take kari my change waka abi’’ the bike man replied before flagging down one of his colleague who helped him out with the change he needed, he settled chike and zoomed off.

Chike made a stop a stop at iya azonto’s bar, the bar has been on his mind since he left the mysterious girl at her school. He ordered for his usual alomo, and settled down on one of the wooden bench the Bar have to offer, he allowed his mind followed the conversation going on in the bar, that is just what he needed, the conversation may seemed bored at first, but he knew exactly when it will start getting interesting, after he has gotten himself on the same base level with the others.

He opened his drink, gulped down a mouthful, he noticed how the bitter liquid made its way through his throats and down his stomach. The reaction was sweet, or maybe sorrowful, because an innocent person who looks at chike’s face will likely give him half of his or her bread with regards to pity and the human nature go help, but to Chike, that was the sweetest feelings he can derive at that point in time, he allowed the feelings to take control of his body, has he regained himself again, he looked up at the people in the bar, probably to follow in the discussion going on.

‘’obasanjo no sleep for ota yesterday’’

‘’were him kan sleep?’’

‘’na for him house way dey akure’’

‘’na lie, me way see am yesterday for express’’

‘’make una go sit down down joor, una dey talk nonsense, baba way enter Abuja last week’’

‘’go do wetin na’’

‘’you no know say baba follow for people way dy negotiate with ASUU? Na dem dey do the meeting together na’’

‘’ehn!!!!!!’’ chike was forced to respond to this, the fact that he his on his second bottle doesn’t mean he doesn’t know what the situation of the country is, how is it possible that Obasanjo is a member of the executive committee of ASUU, by the way he is not even surprised at the comment because it was coming from the mouth of gbengulo, the weed smoker.

‘’obasanjo dey for him estate for Abeokuta’’ he paused to make sure his words sinks in and calm everybody down so that they can pay attention to what he have to say next ‘’because by tomorrow morning’’ he continued ‘’Goodluck go come visit am’’ he concluded.

Chike cant believe his words can have such an effect as almost all the people in the bar nodded their drunk head in agreement to what chike just said, he didn’t even know how genuine his story is, although he heard some months ago that Goodluck came to visit Obasanjo in his home, but since there was no one to counter what he has said, he took their acclaims as he finished up with his remaining drink, collected a take home, and tom tom sweets with his remaining balance as he staggered home.

Billikis story can wait for tomorrow, his condition now cannot relate the whole exact story that happened during the day, the food she have to offer will just complete the day for him, its been a very good day for him, first he has established contact with the lady of the iphone4, which was just what he needed for a start, but with her troubled mind, its seemed as if the day is not so good for him again, but with the magic at the iya azonto’s bar, he knew his day was made, the bar really knows how to make ones day, especially for Chike.
Re: Chike' S Life by oruchechuks(m): 12:01pm On Dec 10, 2013
please I once again apologise for a late update. its not easy pulling up stuffs together. writers are trying abeg.
update coming up tmao.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Want To Sell Your Story? / The Survival (A Short Story By Nimiwrites) / V - Monologues Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.