Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,224 members, 7,867,581 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 06:58 PM

Malawi Coach Saintfiet Resigns - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Malawi Coach Saintfiet Resigns (726 Views)

Malawi National Football Team Coach "Saintfiet" Quits After Loss To Nigeria. / Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' / Tom Saintfiet, A Belgian Is Super Eagles Tech Director For $20k Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Malawi Coach Saintfiet Resigns by Agimor(m): 1:28pm On Sep 08, 2013
Following their 2-0 loss to Nigeria on Saturday and the end of the World Cup dream, Malawi's coach Tom Saintfiet has quit.

The Belgian-born tactician told the media he had no long term plan stay at the helm of the Flames as he was only appointed on an interim basis with the sole purpose of beating Nigeria.

"I never was here to win many games, I was here to win just one game against Nigeria and that was the only goal," he said.
No wonder he was doing everything to make such he wins the match.
Re: Malawi Coach Saintfiet Resigns by 247notire(m): 1:33pm On Sep 08, 2013
Even if they hire Jupp Heycknes,they'll neva win Nigeria.
Re: Malawi Coach Saintfiet Resigns by lexyman(m): 1:58pm On Sep 08, 2013
I know it will end this way for the Malawian .... They shld be looking forward to qualify for the next nations cup .... They're not ripe yet to go for the World Cup . Presidenstial handshake should be given to Tom ... He has tried for the voluntary service .
Re: Malawi Coach Saintfiet Resigns by alphaconde(m): 8:35pm On Sep 08, 2013
I can hear the man blabbing on AIT that he won the nigerian coach job and he was short changed for keshi. The guy is too noisy.
Re: Malawi Coach Saintfiet Resigns by AbuMikey(m): 10:28pm On Sep 08, 2013
He tried all his possible best....
...Quitting in a honourable Manner!

#Respect angry
Re: Malawi Coach Saintfiet Resigns by deor03(m): 10:43pm On Sep 08, 2013
alpha conde: I can hear the man blabbing on AIT that he won the nigerian coach job and he was short changed for keshi. The guy is too noisy.

Keshi has since proven that, the administrators made the right decision to short change him
Re: Malawi Coach Saintfiet Resigns by homesteady(m): 11:08pm On Sep 08, 2013
LOL!! The White dude has retired! grin

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Man City (today At 5pm) / Shorunmu Lauds ‘top Goalkeeper” Enyeama / Who Did Keshi Vote For? That Is, For The Balon D'or... 2013!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.