Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,040 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Is It Wrong To Wear Laced Shoes On Native Attires? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Is It Wrong To Wear Laced Shoes On Native Attires? (10409 Views)

014 MBGN Contestants Rock Traditional Attires! / Pictures Of Nigerian Male Celebrities In Native Outfits / MBGN 2012: Pictures Of Contestants In Their Traditional Attires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong To Wear Laced Shoes On Native Attires? by teddies(f): 10:20pm On Sep 08, 2013
I noticed a lot of male folks putting on laced shoes on native attires. What got me confused was the day I saw an elderly man , no doubt an elite, putting on a laced shoe on a native attire possing confidentlly. What I grew up to know is that putting on a laced shoe on native is a fashion blunder. Fashion gurus in the house kindly help out on this issue or is it now a norm to put a laced shoe on native I have seen some putting on Socks with native attire, is this proper?. Your expert opinion is highly welcome
Re: Is It Wrong To Wear Laced Shoes On Native Attires? by obongtunji: 11:01pm On Sep 08, 2013
It is wrong to use laced shoes on lace.......lop
Re: Is It Wrong To Wear Laced Shoes On Native Attires? by teddies(f): 1:04am On Sep 09, 2013
wHat about other fabrics like ankara?
obongtunji: It is wrong to use laced shoes on lace.......lop
Re: Is It Wrong To Wear Laced Shoes On Native Attires? by Mcleo007(m): 7:47am On Sep 09, 2013
@op, there's nothing wrong about it. It is all a matter of choice.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Wear Laced Shoes On Native Attires? by Paparizi(m): 9:32pm On Sep 09, 2013
for the fact that you asked you know it is wrong
Re: Is It Wrong To Wear Laced Shoes On Native Attires? by Spartan1: 8:33am On Sep 20, 2014
more comments...thought its wrong...but don't think so anymore...fashion is trendy...doe wit a leather lace shoe doe
Re: Is It Wrong To Wear Laced Shoes On Native Attires? by Rexnegro(m): 10:13am On Dec 14, 2014
Not wrong madam op, u just do what u have to do with fashion weda trendy or not as long u are comfortable in it simple.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong To Wear Laced Shoes On Native Attires? by Ayanniyiabeeb: 4:04pm On Jul 29, 2023
As long as someone is comfortable with wearing lace shop on native attire . This is my own opinion but I will be happy if I see someone to shade more light to it .
alayandegold00smith@gmail.com
Re: Is It Wrong To Wear Laced Shoes On Native Attires? by Ayanniyiabeeb: 4:20pm On Jul 29, 2023
teddies:
I noticed a lot of male folks putting on laced shoes on native attires. What got me confused was the day I saw an elderly man , no doubt an elite, putting on a laced shoe on a native attire possing confidentlly. What I grew up to know is that putting on a laced shoe on native is a fashion blunder. Fashion gurus in the house kindly help out on this issue or is it now a norm to put a laced shoe on native I have seen some putting on Socks with native attire, is this proper?. Your expert opinion is highly welcome

I've done that sevral time but you know what ? I'm comfortable with it untill someone call my attentions to it . Even in an ovation were I hapon to be one most inporand guest speakers I did the same but I dint find essue in it ....now I like to know if it's very bad to portal or nothing much to it . Need more expart opinions too 🙏 I coats .
Re: Is It Wrong To Wear Laced Shoes On Native Attires? by Oluwafreshing(m): 10:06pm On Jul 29, 2023
Shoemaker here. Dress shoes (Oxfords, Derby's,blutchers, monkstraps) generally are for formal clothes (suit, tie, shirt, trouser). If you want to wear native attires, you should wear loafers and not dress shoes. There are different types of loafers from the slipper loafer to the Belgian loafer, moccasins, drivers, horsebit loafers etc.

If you've been wearing them wrong now is the time to turn a new leaf

Ayanniyiabeeb:

I've done that sevral time but you know what ? I'm comfortable with it untill someone call my attentions to it . Even in an ovation were I hapon to be one most inporand guest speakers I did the same but I dint find essue in it ....now I like to know if it's very bad to portal or nothing much to it . Need more expart opinions too 🙏 I coats .

(1) (Reply)

Dress Making Tips? / Giving Away Free Stuff. Duffel Coat And Shoe. Pictures / 18karat Pure Solid Gold World:: Wedding Rings, Earnings Etc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.