Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,553 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Church Buildings To Be Demolished. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Buildings To Be Demolished. (455 Views)

Saudi Head Of Sharia Law Orders All Christian Churches Demolished! / Church Buildings That Will Amaze You!! / Olukoya Donates Buildings To School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Church Buildings To Be Demolished. by eghosaobas: 7:42am On Sep 09, 2013
Yes Borno state government has planned to pull down about 20 church buildings and schools anytime from now, they want to build housing estate on the lands. I was made to understand that both Christain Association of Nigeria CAN and Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria PFN have been informed of the planned demolition.
Re: Church Buildings To Be Demolished. by Mynd44: 7:45am On Sep 09, 2013
If any building is not is conformance with the city's master plan, they should be pulled down
Re: Church Buildings To Be Demolished. by demelza: 7:53am On Sep 09, 2013
Isnt Borno state a semi-desert?
I am sure there are lots of land available for them to use instead of this approach.
I dont care if they pull down churches, my only concern is the schools.
Anyway, its their land.
Re: Church Buildings To Be Demolished. by eghosaobas: 8:19am On Sep 09, 2013
Mynd_44: If any building is not is conformance with the city's master plan, they should be pulled down
can they pull down mosque buildings that way?
Re: Church Buildings To Be Demolished. by Acidosis(m): 8:22am On Sep 09, 2013
Lol..

Will the churches affect the proposed "housing estate"?

An housing estate ought to be in a confined area.. (hectares of land)

So what I don't understand is; will Borno state government trace these Churches in different locations (ofcourse), pull them down and then raise an "housing estate" in each of these locations (probably 1 or 2 plots of land each) ?

These Borno state government must be really daft..

Btw, common sense tells me that, most churches are sited close to major roads..
So will the boko haram state build a "housing estate" beside a major road where commuters pass every second?

Again, this 'Boronu' government must be really daft...

And you; Mr OP, don't you think its s¡lly for you to post a sensitive story without a traceable link?
Re: Church Buildings To Be Demolished. by Acidosis(m): 8:25am On Sep 09, 2013
demelza: Isnt Borno state a semi-desert?
I am sure there are lots of land available for them to use instead of this approach.
I dont care if they pull down churches, my only concern is the schools.
Anyway, its their land.

shut up..

If not for the early churches that introduced you to western education, would you be on nairaland today?

..probably somewhere in your grandfather's cassava plantation facebooking with Abacus counting machine..

otondo!
Re: Church Buildings To Be Demolished. by Mynd44: 8:28am On Sep 09, 2013
eghosaobas: can they pull down mosque buildings that way?
Are you party to the city's master plan? This can only be wrong if there are mosques that violates their laws and are standing
Re: Church Buildings To Be Demolished. by UyiIredia(m): 8:29am On Sep 09, 2013
Okay.
Re: Church Buildings To Be Demolished. by demelza: 8:39am On Sep 09, 2013
Acidosis:

shut up..

If not for the early churches that introduced you to western education, would you be on nairaland today?

..probably somewhere in your grandfather's cassava plantation facebooking with Abacus counting machine..

otondo!
Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!
Why so much anger?
Are you a G.O or a Pastor?
If you are, I can understand....
Anyway its a Monday, wont start my week exchanging insults.
Re: Church Buildings To Be Demolished. by Mynd44: 8:41am On Sep 09, 2013
Acidosis:

shut up..

otondo!
Why are you so bitter? It is too early to be aggressive, if you had a terrible dream, go back and sleep again
Re: Church Buildings To Be Demolished. by eghosaobas: 10:37am On Sep 09, 2013
You guys are too abusive

(1) (Reply)

Can Mods Please Explain Reason(s) For This Ban / Lagos Seals Hq Of Lord's Chosen Church / Money, Finance And Endtime (prophetic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.