Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,275 members, 7,818,934 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Fela Kuti On Gej - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fela Kuti On Gej (1435 Views)

Fashola At The Kalakuta Museum Where Fela Kuti Was Buried / Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? / Seun Kuti On Oduah's Car Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fela Kuti On Gej by MayorofLagos(m): 9:13am On Sep 09, 2013
If Fela was alive I wonder what he would say about the current govt and the affairs of things in the country. What would he call GEJ, how would he title a album on GEJ govt and what would the album design look like?

1 Like

Re: Fela Kuti On Gej by Caleboha(m): 9:21am On Sep 09, 2013
Go and ask Fela. Stop boring everyone! angry
Re: Fela Kuti On Gej by MayorofLagos(m): 9:28am On Sep 09, 2013
Caleboha: Go and ask Fela. Stop boring everyone! angry

Fela was a voice of conscience, a social commentator and awakener. His voice galvanized student protests and labour protests in the 80s. We need voices like his to help awaken bored minds like yours. grin

4 Likes

Re: Fela Kuti On Gej by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 09, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

Fela was a voice of conscience, a social commentator and awakener. His voice galvanized student protests and labour protests in the 80s. We need voices like his to help awaken bored minds like yours. grin
Can you recommend Fela's lifestyle to your children?
Re: Fela Kuti On Gej by AkamuandStew: 10:39am On Sep 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

Fela was a great man and history remembers his as one who spoke against oppression, injustice, baad governance etc.

His courage and forthrightness is worthy of commendation.

cool cool cool
Re: Fela Kuti On Gej by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Now i understand you and your comments better. SMH
Re: Fela Kuti On Gej by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 09, 2013
Akamu and Stew:

Fela was a great man and history remembers his as one who spoke against oppression, injustice, baad governance etc.

His courage and forthrightness is worthy of commendation.

cool cool cool
Answer the question, you hypocrite. Can you recommend Fela's personal lifestyle to your children?
Re: Fela Kuti On Gej by AkamuandStew: 11:44am On Sep 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Answer the question, you hypocrite. Can you recommend Fela's personal lifestyle to your children?

You're a dunce!!

What's wrong with Fela's personal life?
Re: Fela Kuti On Gej by PaulJohn1: 11:51am On Sep 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

everyone(icon this time) have their own admirable part and their other side that is not appreciated by everyone.

Fella is admired for his stand against injustice, oppression and bad governance like a poster stated, which I will recommend for my kids and people around me. His personal lifestyle might not be good to you and same for me.

Jonathan your icon is a good family man but very very poor in leadership. His good character of being a family man I might recommend to others, but his leadership style... It's a no go area.

Soyinka a literary icon, his excellence and spirit of standing tall among his equal is admirable and should be every child's wish, but he is never a good husband which doesn't worth emulating.

The OP's reference to Fela is the good part. You don't have to get it twisted.

2 Likes

Re: Fela Kuti On Gej by Omen100(m): 12:00pm On Sep 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

I know for sure that you can be b1tche sometimes by telling all manners of lies to rubbish the names of certain Nigerians who don't share the political philosophy with your paymaster, BUT THEN DON'T EVER TRY TO RUBBISH THE NAME OF BABA FELA ALL IN THE NAME OF PLAYING OR PROTECTING YOUR PAYMASTER, DR. IFEANYI.
Re: Fela Kuti On Gej by musaajebor(m): 12:18pm On Sep 09, 2013
Fisher-man.
Re: Fela Kuti On Gej by MayorofLagos(m): 5:49pm On Sep 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

We are discussing national issues and you degrade it with personal choice.

Fela's lifestyle was not a recommendation from his parents, their desire for him was to practice medicine (or law, whichever it was), but he chosed to go in to music. They did not disown him, they loved him.

My desire for my children is to be successful with good moral upbringing and Oduduwa gene that they can carry forward successively. If they choose to emulate Fela's lifestyle I will still love them and be proud of them.

Next question please...
Re: Fela Kuti On Gej by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 09, 2013
Simply question that demands simply answer cannot be answered. Smh for hypocrites!
Re: Fela Kuti On Gej by ibrahym47(m): 4:18am On Sep 10, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Simply question that demands simply answer cannot be answered. Smh for hypocrites!
I wonda d kind of education this man had

(1) (Reply)

Leaked Letter Shows Former EFCC Boss Waziri Seeking Obasanjo’s Assistance / Nairaland’s "Comment Of The Week" And "Comment Of The Month" Contest / President Jonathan, Sambo, Undergo Medical Check Up In Aso Villa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.