Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Does The Kind Of News You Click First On Nairaland Reflect Your Personality? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Does The Kind Of News You Click First On Nairaland Reflect Your Personality? (8071 Views)

Do Diamonds Shine Or Reflect? / What Your Face Says About Your Personality / Naija Green Land - With The Latest News (all Kind Of News) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does The Kind Of News You Click First On Nairaland Reflect Your Personality? by wjxavier(m): 9:19am On Sep 09, 2013
Hey All, Greetings to you all.

As I'm off work today, I want to ask something I noticed about myself.

I observed that I don't always click the first newsfeed I see on nairaland.

I feel that it says a lot about a persons personality.

I generally click on the less important news first, leaving the best for the last.

It appears that it is a reflection of my tendency to procrastinate.

What about you?

How does your choice of first click reflect your personality?

Just for fun. grin

Re: Does The Kind Of News You Click First On Nairaland Reflect Your Personality? by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 13, 2013
Hmmmmm does this put a dent in my personality, since am the first and only person to comment on this thread since Monday? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Does The Kind Of News You Click First On Nairaland Reflect Your Personality? by Obinoscopy(m): 12:36pm On Sep 14, 2013
Nice one OP! I think you're right. What we click on the various topics on NL's homepage is a reflection of our personality.

I for one tend to first click on surprising news (like the Native Doctor posing as VC thread as shown on OP's snapshot) followed by Political Topics (like the Dokubo thread). I also click on topics that I feel are informative (like the Gionee Pioneer P2 thread). I hardly click celebrity related topics such as the Omotola's "Pink Feathered Dress" thread, I only click on threads concerning my favorite celebrity if its a serious breaking news. I don't click on football thread, I only look out for score updates.

I guess from my clicking pattern, you can tell my personality. I'm the reserved and nerd-like kinda guy. I must however admit that I could be the crazy kinda guy atimes wink.

9 Likes

Re: Does The Kind Of News You Click First On Nairaland Reflect Your Personality? by Shadydamsel(f): 7:07pm On Sep 14, 2013
Yeah
Re: Does The Kind Of News You Click First On Nairaland Reflect Your Personality? by playahP(m): 7:08pm On Sep 14, 2013
If what yuh click reflect yuh personality, then I must say its END TIME THINGS!!

3 Likes

Re: Does The Kind Of News You Click First On Nairaland Reflect Your Personality? by tconfi: 7:08pm On Sep 14, 2013
Is this true? Breaking news..Serious ethnic riot and burning of houses in Obi town in Nasarawa over 60 corpers are trapped,trekking to over 20km for help; Keep reposting until it gets to those in authority who can call in the Military to help them get to Lafia as the police barrack where they are hiding is very vulnerable to attack. Send to your friends and family to re-broadcast pls

1 Like

Re: Does The Kind Of News You Click First On Nairaland Reflect Your Personality? by luckmike(m): 7:09pm On Sep 14, 2013
Yea so true
Re: Does The Kind Of News You Click First On Nairaland Reflect Your Personality? by princeonx: 7:09pm On Sep 14, 2013
No be Ikeja Oh! Na Oshodi.

What do you mean am talking off point? Is the first guy making sense to you?

2 Likes

Re: Does The Kind Of News You Click First On Nairaland Reflect Your Personality? by Wittywizard(m): 7:09pm On Sep 14, 2013
Re: Does The Kind Of News You Click First On Nairaland Reflect Your Personality? by OCTAVO: 7:10pm On Sep 14, 2013
Ouch wink
Re: Does The Kind Of News You Click First On Nairaland Reflect Your Personality? by DonColz1(m): 7:11pm On Sep 14, 2013
Like this post if you think that *NAIRALAND* is the best news site.

9 Likes

Re: Does The Kind Of News You Click First On Nairaland Reflect Your Personality? by russianmob27: 7:11pm On Sep 14, 2013
k

1 Like

Re: Does The Kind Of News You Click First On Nairaland Reflect Your Personality? by fitzmayowa: 7:13pm On Sep 14, 2013
Hmmm

Attempt all questions.
If APGA + CPC + ANPP + ACN = APC and EFCC + ICPC + NPF + GEJ + JEGA = PDP,
Find:
(a) Using Pythagoras theorem prove that: PDP < APC.
(ii) Using Almighty Formula where JEGA is constant what is the value of PDP?
(b)If Tinubu and Buhari remains constant and Okorocha varies, what is the coefficient value of Okorocha in APC?
(c) If PDP is constant, what is the cube root of rigging coefficient? Where pi= 16 > 19
(d) Use the Do or Die theory & explain all the answers above before 2015.
NO CHEATING. Your time starts now....
GOODLUCK!......

2 Likes

Re: Does The Kind Of News You Click First On Nairaland Reflect Your Personality? by ZN2: 7:13pm On Sep 14, 2013
In chronological order. What with all the personality talk y'all have been on about lately?
Re: Does The Kind Of News You Click First On Nairaland Reflect Your Personality? by YoshiMaster: 7:14pm On Sep 14, 2013
Op, you have to first get people out of the thong thread to your thread to comment.
Re: Does The Kind Of News You Click First On Nairaland Reflect Your Personality? by gameboy727(m): 7:16pm On Sep 14, 2013
I open threads I see as interesting before zooming off to the literature section. I do pay little visits to political, education and phone sections.
Re: Does The Kind Of News You Click First On Nairaland Reflect Your Personality? by ofisa247(m): 7:16pm On Sep 14, 2013
Hmmmm. Pls, this is not fit for the last page not to talk of FRONT PAGE. Abeg... undecided
Re: Does The Kind Of News You Click First On Nairaland Reflect Your Personality? by Seequadry(m): 7:18pm On Sep 14, 2013
Attempt all questions.
Find:
(b)If Tinubu and Buhari remains constant and Okorocha varies, what is the coefficient value of Okorocha in APC?
(c) If PDP is constant, what is the cube root of rigging coefficient? Where pi= 16 > 19
GOODLUCK!......

14 Likes

Re: Does The Kind Of News You Click First On Nairaland Reflect Your Personality? by datola: 7:18pm On Sep 14, 2013
Yes, I think.

I usually first open any news that affects positive development of Nigeria, eg:

"Dangote signs $3.3 billion deal to build Afrjca's biggest...", "Governor Peter Obi commissions new Road in Nnewi", etc.

Other stories like: "Tonto Dike releases new photo....", "Igbos are being marginalized in Lagos", are relegated.
Re: Does The Kind Of News You Click First On Nairaland Reflect Your Personality? by phtemie(m): 7:19pm On Sep 14, 2013
Same thing here.I always click on the less important news first,then move to the more important ones.
Re: Does The Kind Of News You Click First On Nairaland Reflect Your Personality? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 14, 2013
Not really

The op and comments that follow are different

...but I'm getting good at it.
When I see topics that'll attract epistles,I skip
When I see topics that'll open room for bigotry,I skip
When I see topics that'll produce off topic comments and beefs, I open
When I see "Rate My Pic",I open just to see the commentsgrin
When I see boring topics (mostly in politics section), I skip
When I see topics that is educational,I open

and..When I see eye catching topics, I usually get disappointed on opening, so don't bother

1 Like

Re: Does The Kind Of News You Click First On Nairaland Reflect Your Personality? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 14, 2013
me I don't click on anything I just post my comments and gerrout!!

1 Like

Re: Does The Kind Of News You Click First On Nairaland Reflect Your Personality? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 14, 2013
any thread aside politics news.. i click on em
Re: Does The Kind Of News You Click First On Nairaland Reflect Your Personality? by Davo93(m): 7:28pm On Sep 14, 2013
Thats largely true. Like myself, i like to contribute mostly on political, educational and sport stories. Others are per chance or just to respond to some wrong arguements of Nairalanders...
Re: Does The Kind Of News You Click First On Nairaland Reflect Your Personality? by Kuchilo: 7:30pm On Sep 14, 2013
Oh boy!see math.I'd better go call my maths teacher 2 come help this 2015 thing.
Re: Does The Kind Of News You Click First On Nairaland Reflect Your Personality? by Numerouuuno: 7:30pm On Sep 14, 2013
Preparing a ROBUST reply
Okay,i just open all the threads on the frontpage into seperate tabs using opera mini

Then,i save threads that contain long epistles like
"Dangote's story:how to create a dynasty",especially all those threads created by ,i save them to read at ♍Ɣ leisure so that i can digest the information.

I then proceed to other news and read topics i think should be very interesting lastly,just like the OP.

I skip political topics on nairaland cos of the insults that's being thrown around there.
If i need to read political news,i move to punch website.
Datz all.

4 Likes

Re: Does The Kind Of News You Click First On Nairaland Reflect Your Personality? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 14, 2013
I do that too

I know I'm the queen of procrastination cos I procrastinate on procrastinating

2 Likes

Re: Does The Kind Of News You Click First On Nairaland Reflect Your Personality? by Chiscomax(m): 7:31pm On Sep 14, 2013
last to comment

Re: Does The Kind Of News You Click First On Nairaland Reflect Your Personality? by Davo93(m): 7:32pm On Sep 14, 2013
Seequadry: Attempt all questions.
Find:
GOODLUCK!......
Its not funny, try again! undecided

1 Like

Re: Does The Kind Of News You Click First On Nairaland Reflect Your Personality? by Kelklein(m): 7:36pm On Sep 14, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: Does The Kind Of News You Click First On Nairaland Reflect Your Personality? by claremont(m): 7:38pm On Sep 14, 2013
No correlation whatsoever, I just click on whatever is on the front page.
Re: Does The Kind Of News You Click First On Nairaland Reflect Your Personality? by TVTKOKO(m): 7:39pm On Sep 14, 2013
Would you tel me dat opening tonto dick thread reflects my personality?mtcheeew

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Some Common Abbreviation / We Live In A Materialistic World. . . True Or False? / Nigerian Dogs(origin Of The Word Nkita?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.