Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,968 members, 7,810,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos (14562 Views)

Driver Rams Into Bus Stop In Lagos. See Photos / Pictures Of The Car That Got Burnt At Onipan Bus Stop / LASTMA Fighting Passengers And Driver At Obanikoro Bus-stop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by patostation(m): 1:04pm On Sep 09, 2013
This my guy, I will call JJ was an Okada Rider in Lagos until recently when the Fashola Administration banned (or should I say restricted) the Okada business in most parts of the state. Mr. JJ who has many mouths to feed made a smart move (at least so he thought) by obtaining a loan from a Micro Finance Bank to buy a brand new Keke Marwa. With that, he felt that his future and the future of his transport business is guaranteed. But he was mistaken. Weeks after purchasing the Keke, the government again wielded the big stick by once again "restricting" the Keke use in the state. JJ was confused and did not know what to do.

Before long, he got a helping hand from well-wishers in his church to buy a Tokumbo Toyota Camry car for use as "kabu-kabu" He registered the car and got a new plate number and started business. Within one week, members of the Lagos state "Task Force" got him arrested for picking passengers along the road, in an unauthorized bus-stop. They slammed a penalty of N100,000 on him and when he could not pay up, they quickly arranged a Mobile Court and convicted him. before you could say Jack Robinson, they have shipped him to Badagry for imprisonment. All this happened on Friday, 6th of September, 2013.

Dear Nairalanders, what help is open to this guy before he rots in jail.

2 Likes

Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by jidowu84: 2:14pm On Sep 09, 2013
hmm na wa o, hw do we come in now? n how do we
verify d authenticity of dis story?

2 Likes

Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by eightsin(m): 2:24pm On Sep 09, 2013
Is this real or fiction? Cos it's funny.
Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by eightsin(m): 2:25pm On Sep 09, 2013
Is this real or fiction? Cos it's funny. Life can't be this cruel.
Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by patostation(m): 6:09pm On Sep 09, 2013
Very real story and it has not ended. The brother to the victim is well known to me and the family members are running helter skelter? to see how to rescue this guy. Abi una dey joke with Opeifa, sorry, Fashola government?

1 Like

Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by azpekuliar: 8:40pm On Sep 09, 2013
Na wa oooo....
Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by eightsin(m): 9:04pm On Sep 09, 2013
So why dem no impound d car n set him free? Which can gobe b dis?
Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by patostation(m): 9:48pm On Sep 09, 2013
The issue now is how to raise N100,000 for the Opeifa, sorry
Fashions Brigade.

2 Likes

Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 10, 2013
sad later you will see him smiling and happy in prison
Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by olusola200: 8:39pm On Sep 10, 2013
let me have ur phone no
Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by lifestyle1(m): 8:40pm On Sep 10, 2013
What is the duration of his jail term ?

Do 'taxis/cabs' have bus-stops ?
Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by ceeceeco: 8:40pm On Sep 10, 2013
W@ is dis shit all about...smh!
Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 10, 2013
not surprised. some sector such as transport have been taken over by touts and hooligans.
Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by 80million1: 8:46pm On Sep 10, 2013
Chineke!
Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 10, 2013
since he can't obey simple traffic rules let him go to jail na

10 Likes

Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by Mrniceguyjohn(m): 8:50pm On Sep 10, 2013
how dat 1 take affect asu strike of aw e take affect prize of garri
Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by Guk: 8:51pm On Sep 10, 2013
arrested for picking passengers along the road, in an unauthorized bus-stop

1 Like

Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by otunbashonny(m): 8:51pm On Sep 10, 2013
See Gobe!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by VirginFinder: 8:53pm On Sep 10, 2013
pato station: This my guy, I will call JJ was an Okada Rider in Lagos until recently when the Fashola Administration banned (or should I say restricted) the Okada business in most parts of the state. Mr. JJ who has many mouths to feed made a smart move (at least so he thought) by obtaining a loan from a Micro Finance Bank to buy a brand new Keke Marwa. With that, he felt that his future and the future of his transport business is guaranteed. But he was mistaken. Weeks after purchasing the Keke, the government again wielded the big stick by once again "restricting" the Keke use in the state. JJ was confused and did not know what to do.

Before long, he got a helping hand from well-wishers in his church to buy a Tokumbo Toyota Camry car for use as "kabu-kabu" He registered the car and got a new plate number and started business. Within one week, members of the Lagos state "Task Force" got him arrested for picking passengers along the road, in an unauthorized bus-stop. They slammed a penalty of N100,000 on him and when he could not pay up, they quickly arranged a Mobile Court and convicted him. before you could say Jack Robinson, they have shipped him to Badagry for imprisonment. All this happened on Friday, 6th of September, 2013.

Dear Nairalanders, what help is open to this guy before he rots in jail.

LORD have mercy!

Life can be...
Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by fyneboi79(m): 8:54pm On Sep 10, 2013
But usually they just impound d car and let the offender go,I doubt this story.
Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by J0nyb0y(m): 8:54pm On Sep 10, 2013
Naija police shaa...
Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by dridowu: 8:55pm On Sep 10, 2013
Association of Wizards and Witches at work

1 Like

Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by Nikapetrelli(f): 8:55pm On Sep 10, 2013
Matters arising too much
Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by sammy329(m): 8:56pm On Sep 10, 2013
This is what we call ise aye
Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by adefemi007(m): 8:58pm On Sep 10, 2013
dridowu: Association of Wizards and Witches at work
lol
Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 10, 2013
Twice I have been arrested by LASTMA and slapped with heavy fines. And both times, I have brazenly broken traffic laws, and I knew I was TOTALLY at fault. Your JJ brother broke some traffic laws, and up till today, no one has accused Lagos state government of brazen attack on its citizen. The ones caught are the ones who broke the laws or did something wrong. And I dont understand this annoying boring and blatant attacks on Lagos government policies, a government you all happily criticize and curse anytime Lagos is been graded as a slum or a horrible place to live. So should the government allow your JJ brother to park indiscriminately anywhere?

8 Likes

Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by Jaideyone(m): 8:59pm On Sep 10, 2013
Sounds like another tale to discredit the BRF administration.
Op U failed woefully. In a densely populated place like Lagos laws have to be strictly upheld. There's no law stipulating that people should be jailed for stoping at unauthorised bus stops especially when the person is a first time offender. If U want to potray fashola as a bad leader you'ld have to come up with a better story.
No offence intended

2 Likes

Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by okeyley: 9:00pm On Sep 10, 2013
ok may God help us
Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by toyfat: 9:01pm On Sep 10, 2013
Dem barn okada, barn napep, imprisson am...mehn this is more spiritual than physical...maybe he contact his village for details

2 Likes

Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by Jaideyone(m): 9:02pm On Sep 10, 2013
fyneboi79: But usually they just impound d car and let the offender go,I doubt this story.
if U stop at the wrong bus stop they don't impound the car. You'll be fined but the car won't be impounded. The car would only be impounded if you drive against traffic. The story is fake.

Op register anoda id and come up with a better story.
Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 10, 2013
eightsin: Is this real or fiction? Cos it's funny. Life can't be this cruel.

Life can be worse than dis @times, if u don't kw! There are worse stories that u don't here of! @Op, someone has opted to help, pm him fast n give him ur number! I hope u get d 100k or resolve d issue fast
Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 10, 2013
Villagers are pursuing your friend op

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Car Is Stalling And Jerking When On Motion. / My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil / Innoson: 5 Modern Accessories In The IVM G80

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.