Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,260 members, 7,822,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Abuja Court Jails An Actress For Stealing - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Abuja Court Jails An Actress For Stealing (895 Views)

Mike Godson And An Actress In Unclad Photos / Ayo Adesanya Shares Sexy Photos To Mark 20th Year As An Actress / David Beckham's 15yr Old Son Gets His First Girlfriend, And She's An Actress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Abuja Court Jails An Actress For Stealing by Kenechy: 5:17am On Sep 10, 2013
Nancy Ndukwe, a 26 year old actress from Jikwoyi Abuja was sentenced by Abuja Senior Magistrates’ Court on Friday after she was convicted of stealing an iPad, an iPhone and jewellery.
The prosecution told the court that the matter was reported at the Lugbe Police Station by one Faith Njoku of Kapuwa Village, Lugbe, Abuja on September 2.
It further claimed that Nancy Ndukwe visited her friend Njoku on the above-mentioned date and stole her IPad, IPhone and jewellery, all valued at N190,000.
On behalf of the prosecution, Cpl. Paul Anigbo gave the value of each of the items as reported by the complainant: IPad – N100,000; IPhone – N50,000 and jewellery – N40,000.

The prosecutor said that the police discovered all the stolen items in the convict’s possession adding that the offence contravened the provisions of Section 287 of the Penal Code.
The convict pleaded guilty to the charge but begged the court for mercy.
“I stole the items due to frustration. I have a one-year-old son to cater for. I am sorry and I promise not to do such again,” Nancy Ndukwe said.
The Magistrate, Mr. Celestine Odo sentenced the convict for two months imprisonment ar a payment of a fine of N6000.

http://newsinfok..com/2013/09/abuja-court-jails-actress-for-stealing.html

Re: Abuja Court Jails An Actress For Stealing by Donovan: 8:04am On Sep 10, 2013
First to comment.
Congrats 2 myself.

What happens to those that steal billions of naira in this country?
We are yet to see a high profile politician jailed in this country.
Re: Abuja Court Jails An Actress For Stealing by Donovan: 8:04am On Sep 10, 2013
First to comment.
Congrats 2 myself.

What happens to those that steal billions of naira in this country?
We are yet to see a high profile politician being jailed in this country.Nigeria legal system is a failure

(1) (Reply)

Why Tell A Million Lies Just To Cover Up A Lie? - Blackface Replies Tuface / Bovi Playing Basketball And Looking So Serious / Nollywood's Richest And Most Powerful Babes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.