Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,955 members, 7,814,238 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

A Nairalander's Wedding In Jos, Plateau State - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / A Nairalander's Wedding In Jos, Plateau State (23681 Views)

Couple Use Power-Bike For Church Wedding In Enugu(pictured) / A Nairalander Wedding Challenge / My(nairalander) Wedding Photographs Last Two Weeks Saturday, 31st Aug. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander's Wedding In Jos, Plateau State by Kaymisola(f): 7:18am On Sep 10, 2013
Ajayi is a regular nairalander, he refreshes this forum like every 30 minutes, lol, so i decided to surprise him by putting up his wedding here.
The groom Ajayi Idowu is a Lagosian (ocean side) while the bride, Sarah Usman, is from Adamawa state (desert region).
The beautiful couple walked down the aisle at EYN Church, LCC, opp the Plateau state house of assembly, Jos on the 7th of September after having had their traditional/engagement wedding on the 5th of September, at the bride's family home.
Their wedding was graced by the presence of the Chief whip of Plateau state and his wife, Deputy speaker of plateau state, commissioner of tourism of plateau state, family members, friends and well wishers.
BTW Sarah calls her groom "Nifemi or Ife mi" a yoruba slang for "my love" while he calls her "Ina Sonki"
Narrating their beautiful love story, the groom disclosed that they initially started as friends in 2003 ...ten years ago, but began dating in 2006, began the official dating in 2009, thus courting for 4years!
"I met her while serving the nation (NYSC) in 2003, everyday I would see her walk past me while on my way to my PPA...she was living in the area and somehow we got talking. At the completion of the service year, I returned to Lagos and we got closer via phone calls and text messages, you know....we fell in love, it was so natural and real..." the excited groom narrated.
The love birds decided to meet each other's parents in 2009 but something happened.
"The first time I went to her home in 2009, her dad didn't want me. He was like, you are not welcome in this house young man, stay off my daughter!" yeah he stayed off their home but he just couldn't stay off their daughter, there was no way he could stay off his heartbeat!
"I tried visiting again and when he saw me, he was furious, he was like, haven't I warned you to stay off my daughter....I guess he didn't want to give out his daughter to just anybody, oh and then the tribal difference too and all..." aww! "But I didn't give up, Sarah and I decided to take that challenge of ours to God, we fasted and prayed..." God sure answers prayers.
"...time flew by and when he saw my consistency and perseverance, and how stronger our love had grown, he called me over last year and sat me down for a deep talk. On finding out that I had genuine intention for Sarah, he welcomed me in...and besides Sarah and I prayed well to God to turn his heart" Yayy!
On the proposal: "I didn't have to propose, we knew right from the beginning that we were destined to be together, that we were gonna be married. I knew from day one that hey this is the woman i'm gonna marry, she's gonna be the mother of my kids, she's the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with"
On kids: "We intend having two; a set of twins precisely...I want a boy and a girl, so that the girl will look exactly like her but Sarah wants two boys so that she won't have to share my love with the daughters when they come"..aww ain't that nice!
See photos below: http://www.kemifilani.com/2013/09/a-true-love-story-atlantic-ocean-meets.html

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Wedding In Jos, Plateau State by Kaymisola(f): 7:19am On Sep 10, 2013
more photo

Re: A Nairalander's Wedding In Jos, Plateau State by harlos: 7:25am On Sep 10, 2013
Happy married life

pls what is the meaning of 'ina sonki'

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Wedding In Jos, Plateau State by fuckluv(f): 7:30am On Sep 10, 2013
Happy Married Life! May ur wedding be fruitful in JESUS name kiss

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Wedding In Jos, Plateau State by demelza: 7:37am On Sep 10, 2013
Nairalanders Association of Bad Bellehs (NABB) please stay off this thread.
@Post
I hope the groom likes your surprise.
A happy married life to them.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Wedding In Jos, Plateau State by Kaymisola(f): 10:06am On Sep 10, 2013
Lol
Re: A Nairalander's Wedding In Jos, Plateau State by homesteady(m): 10:07am On Sep 10, 2013
harlos: Happy married life

Ina sonki - I like/love you ( for females)
Re: A Nairalander's Wedding In Jos, Plateau State by homesteady(m): 10:08am On Sep 10, 2013
Kaymisola were are you in the picture? wink
Re: A Nairalander's Wedding In Jos, Plateau State by Kaymisola(f): 10:29am On Sep 10, 2013
homesteady: Kaymisola were are you in the picture? wink
Lol. First gurl/maid on the left..
Re: A Nairalander's Wedding In Jos, Plateau State by Tawis06(m): 11:18am On Sep 10, 2013
Kaymisola aw is JTOWN nw?

Darn!!! I av miss jos alot :-
Happy married life to the couple
Re: A Nairalander's Wedding In Jos, Plateau State by Lolitua(f): 11:28am On Sep 10, 2013
Api mariage lyf
Re: A Nairalander's Wedding In Jos, Plateau State by Airforce1(m): 11:33am On Sep 10, 2013
[s]Not the first and not gonna be tha last.

No Biggie.[/s]
Re: A Nairalander's Wedding In Jos, Plateau State by dridowu: 12:30pm On Sep 10, 2013
HML bro
Re: A Nairalander's Wedding In Jos, Plateau State by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 10, 2013
Marthakings: Is That His Wife Or His MUM?

Are you kidding me?
Re: A Nairalander's Wedding In Jos, Plateau State by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 10, 2013
CONGRATS

embarassed Less than a year to go! embarassed

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Wedding In Jos, Plateau State by 4reigningqueen: 1:05pm On Sep 10, 2013
did you see mikel papa?
Re: A Nairalander's Wedding In Jos, Plateau State by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 10, 2013
Congratulations ! Happy married life.
Re: A Nairalander's Wedding In Jos, Plateau State by Fazhy: 1:06pm On Sep 10, 2013
Congrats! HML.

Re: A Nairalander's Wedding In Jos, Plateau State by Janeify(f): 1:07pm On Sep 10, 2013
harlos: Happy married life

it means i love u
Re: A Nairalander's Wedding In Jos, Plateau State by born9ice: 1:08pm On Sep 10, 2013
no comments..., why getting married when they are both close to 50yrs.at what age una won giv birth.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Wedding In Jos, Plateau State by dollydolly(f): 1:10pm On Sep 10, 2013
I 4 sure miss J town. ASUU pls do n call off the strike I need to go back to school. 4got to add happy married life to the couple.
Re: A Nairalander's Wedding In Jos, Plateau State by owolabifunke14(f): 1:11pm On Sep 10, 2013
HML to the couple
Re: A Nairalander's Wedding In Jos, Plateau State by HezronLorraine(m): 1:12pm On Sep 10, 2013
Happy married life.
Re: A Nairalander's Wedding In Jos, Plateau State by Brymo: 1:12pm On Sep 10, 2013
Bisi oladilo is my uncle,let him bring d video clips,so dat it shud b televised,mtcheew.
Re: A Nairalander's Wedding In Jos, Plateau State by IAMBREEZY: 1:12pm On Sep 10, 2013
Chai see bad belles
Re: A Nairalander's Wedding In Jos, Plateau State by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 10, 2013
happy married life

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Wedding In Jos, Plateau State by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 10, 2013
APC wedding? undecided

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Wedding In Jos, Plateau State by emmke(m): 1:13pm On Sep 10, 2013
dolly dolly: I 4 sure miss J town. ASUU pls do n call off the strike I need to go back to school. 4got to add happy married life to the couple.
I miss J town too
Great jossite

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wedding Pic Of The Governor Of Enugu State's Daughter / Checkout This 5.7feet Massive Wedding Cake / The Future Awards Africa 2022 Winners List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.