Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,556 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Police Begin Biometric Registration Of Vehicles - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Police Begin Biometric Registration Of Vehicles (16288 Views)

Registration Of Vehicles/Change Of Ownership/Driver License / Photos Of Specially Made Armored Patrol Vehicles Proudly Crafted In Nigeria / Police Begin Biometric Registration Of Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Begin Biometric Registration Of Vehicles by Godswillu(m): 9:34am On Sep 10, 2013

The Nigeria Police will commence digital registration of all vehicle types in the country from Monday, September 16.

This is a convenient way for vehicle users to ease the stress of keeping paper documents by embracing the digital method.

In a statement by the Force Public Relations Officer yesterday in Abuja, CSP Frank Mba said the digitalization is in response to recent security challenges in the country such as terrorism, car theft, kidnapping, rape and other crimes.

“Unlike our analogue-based procedures, the BCMR operates on smart cards and portable hand-held receiver for identification and protection purpose,” he said.

The Police BCMR (Bio-metric Central Motor Registration), he explained, will help provide a one-stop information data base and will provide forensic information to aid investigation.

According to him, the BCMR, among other uses, is capable of capturing 20 million fingerprints per/second, and it can also be matched with still pictures and frames from a video stream.

The transition from analogue to digital vehicle registration will involve vehicles, motorcycles and tricycles (keke NAPEP) with vehicles paying N3,500 while tricycles and motorcycles will pay N1,500.

During a practical session, a Force info-tech representative, CSP Hamza Adebola Ayinde, said that all information needed and a guide to filling the information for the registration of the online form can be accessed from the website: www.policeBCMR.com.
http://leadership.ng/news/100913/police-begin-digital-registration-vehicles

1 Like

Re: Police Begin Biometric Registration Of Vehicles by dayleke: 3:31pm On Sep 10, 2013
About time...
Waaaay looooong overdue.....

1 Like

Re: Police Begin Biometric Registration Of Vehicles by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 10, 2013
Ok
Re: Police Begin Biometric Registration Of Vehicles by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 10, 2013
The Nigeria state is a huge enterprise. Time for the police to milk the struggling public after being scheme out by road safety and VIO. Some set of criminal salamander will just wake up one morning and their satanic agenda is to further strangulate Nigerians. When have anybody visit a police station and see a computer set at display even at the DPO office? What u see is a portait of jonathan and Abubakar dangling on the wall, guns, lanten and group of desperate men and women. This is the same police teaching Nigerians advance computing!

68 Likes

Re: Police Begin Biometric Registration Of Vehicles by aktolly54(m): 3:32pm On Sep 10, 2013
Good move
Re: Police Begin Biometric Registration Of Vehicles by anthoniosp(m): 3:32pm On Sep 10, 2013
make sense
Re: Police Begin Biometric Registration Of Vehicles by Pray(m): 3:33pm On Sep 10, 2013
Why cant they factor this into the New vehicle registration before now?. Lack of foresight....

5 Likes

Re: Police Begin Biometric Registration Of Vehicles by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 10, 2013
SEUN! E be lyk say your moderators dey ban for fun... They just dey ban lyk say tommorow no dey.. Expecially that bighead semid4lyf.. Tel them to unban me o. Btw, na u buy MB for me? Dont be suprise they will ban me after this post

7 Likes

Re: Police Begin Biometric Registration Of Vehicles by anthoniosp(m): 3:34pm On Sep 10, 2013
JudismphD: .
come if u no wan tlk better with ur space give sensible pesin...
Re: Police Begin Biometric Registration Of Vehicles by Kingzy4pep(m): 3:35pm On Sep 10, 2013
It wont work.

3 Likes

Re: Police Begin Biometric Registration Of Vehicles by TheGrandMaster: 3:35pm On Sep 10, 2013
Why do we have to pay for this? After changing to the new license plates, you bring this again and then you will renew your vehicles registration also. Na wa o!

3 Likes

Re: Police Begin Biometric Registration Of Vehicles by wellmax(m): 3:35pm On Sep 10, 2013
If you ask me, i'll say more money for the Police Force.

1 Like

Re: Police Begin Biometric Registration Of Vehicles by Yazmin: 3:36pm On Sep 10, 2013
Godswill_u:
http://leadership.ng/news/100913/police-begin-digital-registration-vehicles

Police...digital registration?
I have always snubbed the "End time things' crew on nairaland. But with this report, if its anything close to the truth,its definitely ETT grin

5 Likes

Re: Police Begin Biometric Registration Of Vehicles by wellmax(m): 3:37pm On Sep 10, 2013
During a practical session, a Force info-tech representative, CSP Hamza Adebola Ayinde, said that all information needed and a guide to filling the information for the registration of the online form can be accessed from the website: www.policeBCMR.com.
As expected, the site is fake.

1 Like

Re: Police Begin Biometric Registration Of Vehicles by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 10, 2013
Kingzy4pep: It wont work.

Lets not wish our self's bad
Re: Police Begin Biometric Registration Of Vehicles by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 10, 2013
This is long overdue and a welcome development..
Re: Police Begin Biometric Registration Of Vehicles by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 10, 2013
The police have the database and capture devices and staff and Federal Government has paid for this.

Why am I being chared 3, 500 for it ? Why ? I need to know why Nigerians are being double charged.

3 Likes

Re: Police Begin Biometric Registration Of Vehicles by Biodup: 3:39pm On Sep 10, 2013
Me no get convidence in naija police o. Very soon na police themselve go they teach vehicle snachers way corrupt the new system.
Re: Police Begin Biometric Registration Of Vehicles by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 10, 2013
nonsens! in my area I can prove that 99.8% of police there can't operate a pc.

1 Like

Re: Police Begin Biometric Registration Of Vehicles by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 10, 2013
Me, ma dad, ma mum yet 2 get d new licensce...our 3 cars still bearing old plate numberz Aluta! #WeNoGoGree.

2 Likes

Re: Police Begin Biometric Registration Of Vehicles by theumpire: 3:42pm On Sep 10, 2013
Kingzy4pep: It wont work.
pessimism! as much as I doubt its success, I hope it works because it will help in curbing among other things.
Re: Police Begin Biometric Registration Of Vehicles by kpolli(m): 3:43pm On Sep 10, 2013
Why are people to pay?

1 Like

Re: Police Begin Biometric Registration Of Vehicles by edwonderz(m): 3:48pm On Sep 10, 2013
Why is it just for cars, motorcycles and tricycles? What of bicycles? or did they forget that there are bicycles that cost more than cars??

#teambicyclealltheway#

1 Like

Re: Police Begin Biometric Registration Of Vehicles by dareyking(m): 3:49pm On Sep 10, 2013
I give this news Policy jst 6 months 4rm nw and it will be no where to be found....it will be marred by erorrs,corruption,mismangement,missing document et al....No be Naija...No be NPF wey we knw....Darelee Nairalee..

4 Likes

Re: Police Begin Biometric Registration Of Vehicles by Biodup: 3:49pm On Sep 10, 2013
Biodup: Me no get convidence in naija police o. Very soon na police themselve go they teach vehicle snachers way corrupt the news to system.
Re: Police Begin Biometric Registration Of Vehicles by hardbody: 3:51pm On Sep 10, 2013
murimoney: nonsens! in my area I can prove that 99.8% of police there can't operate a pc.

I agree with this, and it is not only in your area, it cuts across, perhaps with the possible exception of 'policewoman'.

Having said that, my real issue is why these buffoons called 'Police' cannot think through all these processes and roll out a comprehensive registration suite to cater for the requirements of vehicles and their owners.

It is sad that people will have to grapple with new driver's licence, new car registration numbers and now bio-metric registration of vehicles, why are we so confused and disorganized?

All of these could have been bundled and rolled out at once. Although quite frankly, i do not know what is wrong with my vehicle numbers that i should pay to replace them. If they have chosen to replace, it should be at no cost to me, and at any rate, i should be given a choice to trade in my old number.

Anyways, as i speak, i have not even started processing the drivers license, all my vehicles are still carrying the former number plates, i am near certain i won't have time for their bio-metrics too. I will love to see how this pans out eventually.

Bunch of thieving hooligans....

7 Likes

Re: Police Begin Biometric Registration Of Vehicles by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 10, 2013
I thought this is the job of the F.R.S.C?

1 Like

Re: Police Begin Biometric Registration Of Vehicles by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 10, 2013
edwonderz: Why is it just for cars, motorcycles and tricycles? What of bicycles? or did they forget that there are bicycles that cost more than cars??

#teambicyclealltheway#
everysoon even bicycles and beast of burdens will start bearing the new plate numbers...15K 4 bicycle, 12K 4 beast of burdens like donkeys and camels

2 Likes

Re: Police Begin Biometric Registration Of Vehicles by logica(m): 3:54pm On Sep 10, 2013
Biometric? Autos? I used to think automobiles were inanimate; now I know better.

3 Likes

Re: Police Begin Biometric Registration Of Vehicles by Aromas: 3:54pm On Sep 10, 2013
"The Police BCMR (Bio-metric Central Motor
Registration), he explained, will help provide a one-
stop information data base and will provide forensic
information to aid investigation."

Do they really know the meaning FORENSIC?
Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bros u 4 speak d1 u sabi now.

1 Like

Re: Police Begin Biometric Registration Of Vehicles by Osama10(m): 3:55pm On Sep 10, 2013
Confused nation with no foresight, next year they would come up with another way to milk the poor citizens.

And why do we need to pay for this again?

1 Like

Re: Police Begin Biometric Registration Of Vehicles by Muh(m): 3:58pm On Sep 10, 2013
Police Fake site as usual

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is This Made-In-Nigeria Convertible? / This Solar-Powered Car Built By Students Can Reach 100km/h With No Battery / Checkout 7 Of The World’s Biggest Automobile Fairs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.