Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,849 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Anambra LG Polls Postponed To Dec. 14 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra LG Polls Postponed To Dec. 14 (3586 Views)

N2.6bn Theft: Trial Of Ex-nimasa Boss Commences Dec.14 / Fresh Crisis Looms In Rivers Amaechi Hold LG Polls On May 23, PDP Against Move / ACN Sweeps LG Polls As LASIEC Releases Offical Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra LG Polls Postponed To Dec. 14 by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 10, 2013
The Anambra State Independent Electoral Commission (ANSIEC) has announced the postponement of the local government elections earlier scheduled for Oct. 5.

The Acting Chairman of the commission, Mr Sylvester Okonkwo, announced the new date of Dec. 14 at a meeting with stakeholders and representatives of political parties in Awka on Tuesday.

Okonkwo said that 24 days to the elections, political parties had yet to submit the list of their candidates and forms to the commission.

“No political party has submitted the list of candidates. How can we run an election without the parties in the ballot paper or know how many ballot boxes to customise,” he asked.

He also noted that the postponement was due to pressure from stakeholders and political parties that the election was close to the governorship poll slated for Nov. 16.

“Another reason is that people are saying that the Nov. 16 governorship election is close and that we are conducting the local government elections to favour a particular party.

“They suggested that we conduct the election after Nov. 16 and that conducting the polls under such pressure could result in violence.

“Even with adequate funding, we cannot still go on with all the requirements that are needed to ensure free, fair and credible elections 24 days to the elections.

“In view of all the variables, we held a stormy session this morning following the phone calls and text messages which most of us have been inundated with.

“We have equally prayed and after all the considerations, we are pleading that you allow us shift this election to Dec. 14,” he said.

He said the commission would not want to conduct elections to be marred by violence, saying: “If anything happens, it might spill over to the governorship election.”

The commission’s boss, however, said all the processes leading to the election would continue and urged the parties to submit the list of their candidates to enable the commission to continue with the process.

In a reaction, the Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the state, Mr Chuks Chinwuba, commended the development, saying it would allow other political parties to prepare adequately for the polls.

“I want to commend ANSIEC. Their pronouncement shows that they are honourable.

“All the political parties want the local government elections conducted, but we want it done in a conducive environment and not in a situation where it is rushed in favour of a political party.

“By Dec. 14, Anambra would have solved the major issue of electing their governor; we will then look at the new date and know what next.”

Source: http://thecitizenng.com/other-news/anambra-lg-polls-postponed-to-dec-14/
Re: Anambra LG Polls Postponed To Dec. 14 by ofala(m): 8:08pm On Sep 10, 2013
Mr Peter is busy following GEJ everywhere and forgot to do his 'home maths' well. Anyway, good for democracy!
Re: Anambra LG Polls Postponed To Dec. 14 by Napoleondegreat: 8:14pm On Sep 10, 2013
Good news
Re: Anambra LG Polls Postponed To Dec. 14 by bibinwaka: 8:25pm On Sep 10, 2013
will it reduce the price of garri in the market /
call off ASUU strike..... mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!
Re: Anambra LG Polls Postponed To Dec. 14 by Danhumprey: 8:33pm On Sep 10, 2013
If they like,they postpone it to 2015,that one no concern me. I wonder if the political parties are really serious about participating in this Local government election.
Re: Anambra LG Polls Postponed To Dec. 14 by MayorofLagos(m): 8:44pm On Sep 10, 2013
This democracy process we practice is ideal for Western society and works best for them. I tell you, they need to customize and package a more flexible, much simplified version that black Africans can live with satisfactorily.

How do you just postpone scheduled elections? shocked
Re: Anambra LG Polls Postponed To Dec. 14 by hod898(m): 9:30pm On Sep 10, 2013
Yeah, yeah, postpone so that you can get more time to plan how to win and probably get more supporters.
Re: Anambra LG Polls Postponed To Dec. 14 by ChideraFavour(m): 9:34pm On Sep 10, 2013
I know that this local govt. election will not hold even in that 14th Dec. sef. For ten good years now Anambra state govt. have not done local government election, this is one of the major reason why I hate anybody that calls himself the governor of that state. Why on this modern democracy can a group of peoples called themselves a state will run the activities of govt. for ten good years without local govt. poll? I beg am tired of this so called Anambra state govt. and their selfishnes, and I will regret of ever voting for anybody in this coming gubernitorial election. If they talk of best governor now some of myopic nairalanders will open mouth and say Peter Obi. Mtcheeeeeeeeew!

1 Like

Re: Anambra LG Polls Postponed To Dec. 14 by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 11, 2013
I just hope the date remains the same...
Re: Anambra LG Polls Postponed To Dec. 14 by Kingsley1000(m): 8:45am On Sep 11, 2013
Peter ada is the worst gov in the history of nigeria...he's just playing prank on us.SO IF APGA DOESNT WIN COME NOV16,THERE WOULD BE NO LG ELECTION??.I HATE DAH DUDE WITH PASSION,I DNT KNW WHY.

1 Like

Re: Anambra LG Polls Postponed To Dec. 14 by fitzmayowa: 9:19am On Sep 11, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Anambra LG Polls Postponed To Dec. 14 by valinda(m): 9:20am On Sep 11, 2013
First to comment...huraaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Front page tynxx....so happy!!!!!!!
Re: Anambra LG Polls Postponed To Dec. 14 by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 11, 2013
Nwa Nna biko bia lets restrategies !!!

1 Like

Re: Anambra LG Polls Postponed To Dec. 14 by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 11, 2013
That means money no go quick circulate

na late Xmas shopping be the result
Re: Anambra LG Polls Postponed To Dec. 14 by kingbang: 9:28am On Sep 11, 2013
Kingsley1000: Peter ada is the worst gov in the history of nigeria...he's just playing prank on us.SO IF APGA DOESNT WIN COME NOV16,THERE WOULD BE NO LG ELECTION??.I HATE DAH DUDE WITH PASSION,I DNT KNW WHY.

Go and get a job dude and while you are at it, don't forget to also get a life!! Ranting ekuke!
Re: Anambra LG Polls Postponed To Dec. 14 by mermaidkingdom: 9:28am On Sep 11, 2013
Anmbra is de most strongest and wise state in nigeria)they do whatever they like
Re: Anambra LG Polls Postponed To Dec. 14 by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 11, 2013
ok,we hear.................
Re: Anambra LG Polls Postponed To Dec. 14 by Ferdinandu(m): 9:59am On Sep 11, 2013
Obi and his strategies.He wants to make sure that his men are still in control of things in all LGAs before Nov 16 Governorship election.

1 Like

Re: Anambra LG Polls Postponed To Dec. 14 by speeder(m): 10:00am On Sep 11, 2013
Anambra is getting so popular. Hope it doesn't over take Lag
Re: Anambra LG Polls Postponed To Dec. 14 by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 11, 2013
[b] When I say that I hate Peter Adaobi with passion, people keep on asking me why... Sincerely, Chris Ngige's three years dwarfs Peter Obi's 8 years tenure. Instead of developing Anambra, he is busy establishing his personal industries!! Only him; Grand malt, Grand beer, Hero Beer, Grand Oil, Grand Tissue.. etc! Check out all the roads this man did! None of them has stood the test of time but check out Ngige's own. All of them still dey kampe. Later, a bunch of tribal bigots will come here to spew thrassh saying that they dont want any hausa party in Anambra. Sincerely, I dont mind whether Ngige is in APC or MTN! All I know is that am voting for personality not party! To hell with Party ndi Igbo. APGA MY FOOT... PARTY NDI IGBO MY SWEATY ARSSE! They say that Ngige is a satan... But nwanne, the satan I know is better than the angel I dont know in the person of Willie Obiano! Chris Ngige I know; Soludo I know; Willie Obiano, who are you? What have you contributed to the development of Anambra state in any little capacity you have been in? Or you want us to vote you in because of your god-father, Peter Obi? You want to cover his tracks abi? So that the fraud committed by his administration will be covered? Thats why he chose you; a fidelity banker! Who has no credentials in the field of politics and leadership! Abeg, we dont need you. Stay there and enjoy the loot already embezzled with Anambra money in fidelity bank. Like I said on one thread, ANAMBRA MONEY DOES NOT BELONG TO FIDELITY BANK... LET US TRY GTB.... Lols. They are more responsible! Finally, for those nimwits on Nairaland saying that Tinubu is Chris Ngige's Godfather, let them not forget history! Remember Emeka Offor? Remember Ubah family? How they made Anambra nearly ungovernable for Ngige, through federal powers under Obasanjo by seizing Anambra allocation many times? What happened at the end? Did Chris Ngige triumph or not? Infact, give it up for this man! He is too much! Just vote him in first.. Anambra will bounce back [/b]

4 Likes

Re: Anambra LG Polls Postponed To Dec. 14 by kingbang: 10:30am On Sep 11, 2013
exxell: When I say that I hate Peter Obi, people keep on asking me why... Sincerely, [b]Chris Ngige's three years dwarfs Peter Obi's 8 years tenure. Instead of developing Anambra, he is busy establishing his personal industries!!

HAhahahaahahahaha. Stay off Skunk son, not every head can carry it! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Anambra LG Polls Postponed To Dec. 14 by cdamsel(f): 10:39am On Sep 11, 2013
He shd say he doesn't want 2 do election na,let everybody rest undecided angry
Re: Anambra LG Polls Postponed To Dec. 14 by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 11, 2013
kingbang:

HAhahahaahahahaha. Stay off Skunk son, not every head can carry it! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Anambra LG Polls Postponed To Dec. 14 by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 11, 2013
kingbang:

And you that can carry it, why did you qoute half of my post? Peter Obi is the Architect of this LG election postponement! Know why? He knows that APGA will fail woefully! Thats why he is bidding for more time!
Re: Anambra LG Polls Postponed To Dec. 14 by kingbang: 10:50am On Sep 11, 2013
exxell:

And you that can carry it, why did you qoute half of my post? Peter Obi is the Architect of this LG election postponement! Know why? He knows that APGA will fail woefully! Thats why he is bidding for more time!

Do you reason with your anus? If he wanted to rig or influence that election, now would be the perfect time to do so. Waiting after the November 16 election would be a very big risk if APGA loses the election. Use your brains sir, its free.
Re: Anambra LG Polls Postponed To Dec. 14 by Big4wig(m): 10:53am On Sep 11, 2013
F
Re: Anambra LG Polls Postponed To Dec. 14 by nnalove(m): 12:19pm On Sep 11, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos: This democracy process we practice is ideal for Western society and works best for them. I tell you, they need to customize and package a more flexible, much simplified version that black Africans can live with satisfactorily.

How do you just postpone scheduled elections? shocked
reasons best known to them sir. Haba wy won't u exist in ur own protocol and let fins be.
Re: Anambra LG Polls Postponed To Dec. 14 by MCynthia(f): 2:58pm On Sep 11, 2013
Abeg,, Dec, 14th is my b-day!! Mk una shift dt trash ooo! Cos i want 2 have real fun..
Re: Anambra LG Polls Postponed To Dec. 14 by Boscog(m): 4:36pm On Sep 11, 2013
All this is liars ,tellin people that candidates are yet to submit there forms . I don hear naa The government wey de now the plan alll this my people grin :ono mind them ooo.
Re: Anambra LG Polls Postponed To Dec. 14 by Noneroone(m): 8:30pm On Sep 11, 2013
...and so it came to pass that gov. Obi did not conduct LG election 8 years after condeming Ngige for failing to do so. By december, the cock, just like it did for peter in the bible will crow and he will remember all that he has failed to do.

(1) (Reply)

House Of Reps Member Dies After Affair With A Female Banker / Onitsha Traders Jubilate As Obiano Installs CCTV At Market / Check This Gooluck Jonathan Campaign Billboard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.