Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,995 members, 7,825,072 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

US Economy Doom 'many Places No Longer Accept The Dollar' - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / US Economy Doom 'many Places No Longer Accept The Dollar' (2057 Views)

Naira Appreciates Against The Dollar / Naira Rallies Against The Dollar / First Bank’s Rising Loan Losses Is About To Spell Doom For Its Balance Sheet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Economy Doom 'many Places No Longer Accept The Dollar' by hopilo: 11:24pm On Sep 10, 2013
By - Porter Stansberry - founder Stansberry & Associates Investment Research

Many Places No Longer Accept the Dollar

For example, the Seattle Times reports that in Mexico, Americans are no longer allowed to exchange more than $1,500 dollars per month.

In India, the country's tourism minister said U.S. dollars will no longer be accepted at the country's heritage tourist sites, like the Taj Mahal. And the U.S. dollar is no longer good anywhere in Cuba.

China is moving in the same direction. The New York Times reports...

"Now, many shops in China no longer accept dollar-based credit cards issued by foreign banks... and foreigners cannot convert American dollars into renminbi beyond a given quota."

Iran, of course, has already moved all of its reserves out of U.S. dollars, and Kuwait de-pegged it's currency from the dollar a few years ago.

And the Chicago Mercantile Exchange (the world's largest futures and commodities exchange board), now accepts gold to settle futures contracts. Until recently, the exchange typically accepted only U.S. treasuries and bonds as payment.

The guys at the Mercantile Exchange obviously see the writing on the wall.

Again, this would have all been completely unthinkable 10 years ago, but today it's a reality. And this trend is going to keep moving incredibly fast.

Just look at the actions taken by smart investors...

Bill Gross, who probably knows as much about currencies and debt as anyone in the world, runs the world's biggest bond fund. He was quoted by Bloomberg not too long ago, saying:

"We've told all of our clients that if you only had one idea, one investment, it would be to buy an investment in a non-dollar currency. That should be on top of the list."

Jim Rogers, one of the world's most successful multi-millionaire investors writes:

"The dollar is not just in decline; it's a mess. If something isn't done soon, I believe the dollar could lose its status as the world's reserve currency and medium of exchange, something that would lead to a huge decline in the standard of living for U.S. citizens like nothing we've seen in nearly a century."

I know... you probably still don't believe we can have a complete currency collapse here in the United States. But think about it...

Are we as Americans really immune to the laws of economics and finance?

I don't think so. And I'm not the only one saying this...

The dollar's days as reserve currency are numbered," reports the Financial Times.

And the Wall Street Journal recently ran a headline saying: "Dollar's Reign as World's Main Reserve Currency is Near an End."

I'm sure I don't have to tell you that the Financial Times and the Wall Street Journal are probably the two most respected financial newspapers in the world.

They too see the writing on the wall.

It's obvious to anyone who has studied any economic history.

In every instance, throughout history, where a government has tried to inflate its debts away, it has ended in disaster.

Believe me... it will happen here too.

As Jim Rogers says:

"History teaches us that such imprudent monetary and fiscal behavior has always led to economic disaster."

This is why World Bank president, Robert B. Zoellick, in a speech at the School for Advanced International Studies at Johns Hopkins University, recently said:

"The United States would be mistaken to take for granted the dollar's place as the world's predominant reserve currency. Looking forward, there will increasingly be other options to the dollar."

And this is why the International Monetary Fund (IMF) recently published a paper calling for a new global world currency.

This is why big U.S. companies like McDonald's and Caterpillar have begun introducing what are called "dim-sum bonds." These are securities denominated in the Chinese currency (the renminbi) by non-Chinese borrowers.

In other words, two of the biggest and most successful corporations in America realize they would have an easier time raising money by offering their bonds in a currency other than the U.S. dollar!

Do you see where this is all heading?

It's no mystery why gold and silver prices have soared since the year 2000.

Yes, gold and silver have both fallen significantly in 2013, but remember... until this year, gold went up for 12 straight years. Even after the recent pull back, gold is still up 356% since the end of the year 2000.

Again, remember... this is all a result of "capital flight." When people no longer trust a particular currency, they look for better and safer alternatives. Over the past twelve years, gold and silver have been much safer and far more profitable then holding U.S. dollars in the bank.

Think about this...

Gold prices have gone up for 12 straight years. No other asset in the world, as far as I know, has had a run like this in recent history. And why, exactly is gold going up?

The #1 reason is because savvy investors around the globe realize the U.S. dollar is no longer a safe store of value.

The point is, it's not a matter of "if" the U.S. dollar will lose its status as the world's reserve currency... it's a process that is already underway. And if, over the next few years, you ignore these basic facts, these basic laws of finance and economics, it will simply destroy you.

Investors, foreign governments, and large corporations know there are serious, serious problems with the U.S. dollar, so they are fleeing to precious metals, which have historically been very reliable when a country has major currency problems.

The good news (at least for those of us who take the time to prepare), is that no matter what happens, I've found several ways for you to protect your savings – and you could even make three to five times your money over the next few years.

I'll show you exactly what to do in a moment. But first let me explain why the collapse of the dollar as the world's reserve currency could happen much sooner than most people expect...
[b]

For example, the Seattle Times reports that in Mexico, Americans are no longer allowed to exchange more than $1,500 dollars per month.

In India, the country's tourism minister said U.S. dollars will no longer be accepted at the country's heritage tourist sites, like the Taj Mahal. And the U.S. dollar is no longer good anywhere in Cuba.

"Now, many shops in China no longer accept dollar-based credit cards issued by foreign banks... and foreigners cannot convert American dollars into renminbi beyond a given quota."

Iran, of course, has already moved all of its reserves out of U.S. dollars, and Kuwait de-pegged it's currency from the dollar a few years ago.

And the Chicago Mercantile Exchange (the world's largest futures and commodities exchange board), now accepts gold to settle futures contracts. Until recently, the exchange typically accepted only U.S. treasuries and bonds as payment.

Again, this would have all been completely unthinkable 10 years ago, but today it's a reality. And this trend is going to keep moving incredibly fast.

Bill Gross, who probably knows as much about currencies and debt as anyone in the world, runs the world's biggest bond fund. He was quoted by Bloomberg not too long ago, saying:

"We've told all of our clients that if you only had one idea, one investment, it would be to buy an investment in a non-dollar currency. That should be on top of the list."

Jim Rogers, one of the world's most successful multi-millionaire investors writes:

"The dollar is not just in decline; it's a mess. If something isn't done soon, I believe the dollar could lose its status as the world's reserve currency and medium of exchange, something that would lead to a huge decline in the standard of living for U.S. citizens like nothing we've seen in nearly a century."

I know... you probably still don't believe we can have a complete currency collapse here in the United States. But think about it...

The dollar's days as reserve currency are numbered," reports the Financial Times.

And the Wall Street Journal recently ran a headline saying: "Dollar's Reign as World's Main Reserve Currency is Near an End."

I'm sure I don't have to tell you that the Financial Times and the Wall Street Journal are probably the two most respected financial newspapers in the world.

In every instance, throughout history, where a government has tried to inflate its debts away, it has ended in disaster.

As Jim Rogers says:

"History teaches us that such imprudent monetary and fiscal behavior has always led to economic disaster."

This is why World Bank president, Robert B. Zoellick, in a speech at the School for Advanced International Studies at Johns Hopkins University, recently said:

"The United States would be mistaken to take for granted the dollar's place as the world's predominant reserve currency. Looking forward, there will increasingly be other options to the dollar."

And this is why the International Monetary Fund (IMF) recently published a paper calling for a new global world currency.

This is why big U.S. companies like McDonald's and Caterpillar have begun introducing what are called "dim-sum bonds." These are securities denominated in the Chinese currency (the renminbi) by non-Chinese borrowers.

In other words, two of the biggest and most successful corporations in America realize they would have an easier time raising money by offering their bonds in a currency other than the U.S. dollar!

Yes, gold and silver have both fallen significantly in 2013, but remember... until this year, gold went up for 12 straight years. Even after the recent pull back, gold is still up 356% since the end of the year 2000.

Again, remember... this is all a result of "capital flight." When people no longer trust a particular currency, they look for better and safer alternatives. Over the past twelve years, gold and silver have been much safer and far more profitable then holding U.S. dollars in the bank.

Think about this...

Gold prices have gone up for 12 straight years. No other asset in the world, as far as I know, has had a run like this in recent history. And why, exactly is gold going up?

The #1 reason is because savvy investors around the globe realize the U.S. dollar is no longer a safe store of value.

The point is, it's not a matter of "if" the U.S. dollar will lose its status as the world's reserve currency... it's a process that is already underway. And if, over the next few years, you ignore these basic facts, these basic laws of finance and economics, it will simply destroy you.

Investors, foreign governments, and large corporations know there are serious, serious problems with the U.S. dollar, so they are fleeing to precious metals, which have historically been very reliable when a country has major currency problems.

The good news (at least for those of us who take the time to prepare), is that no matter what happens, I've found several ways for you to protect your savings – and you could even make three to five times your money over the next few years.

I'll show you exactly what to do in a moment. But first let me explain why the collapse of the dollar as the world's reserve currency could happen much sooner than most people expect...
[/b]

As Jim Rogers says:

Think about this...

Re: US Economy Doom 'many Places No Longer Accept The Dollar' by Emmyk(m): 7:51am On Sep 11, 2013
Still ₦160.00 for $1 now cheesy
Re: US Economy Doom 'many Places No Longer Accept The Dollar' by Gold2NairaCom(m): 8:09am On Sep 11, 2013
Emmyk: Still ₦160.00 for $1 now cheesy

₦163 for $1 as at last week.
Re: US Economy Doom 'many Places No Longer Accept The Dollar' by Emmyk(m): 1:54pm On Sep 11, 2013
Why is this thread not on frontpage?
Re: US Economy Doom 'many Places No Longer Accept The Dollar' by ZN2: 3:22pm On Sep 11, 2013
Where's a link to your story?

I believe this should be old news. Stansberry was just out to create unnecessary panic, IMO. He probably wouldn't have imagined the US economy would recover after the 07-08 Financial crisis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porter_Stansberry

(1) (Reply)

Businesses You Can Start With Little Or No Money And Make At Least Over ₦75,000 / Popcorn Business Can Give You That Wealth / Benin Electricity Distribution Company (bedc)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.