Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,909 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Handling Clients That Are Not Within Your Immediate Environment - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Handling Clients That Are Not Within Your Immediate Environment (436 Views)

Advice Needed On Handling A Webmaster / Clients Who Cheat Web Designers After Getting A Demo / Interswitch Payment Option Now Available For Our Nigerian Clients (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Handling Clients That Are Not Within Your Immediate Environment by amba03: 11:55am On Sep 11, 2013
When I started web design, I would design about four templates and show to a prospective client. He/she would then maybe pick one and suggest adjustments. Which i would make and take to him for approval. It was really hectic then, as at times i would have to in order to make the presentation.

Then I started using another tactic, which involved making the templates and hosting on a sub-domain with the clients name. I would then call the client and send him a link, so he can view at his leisure and take his pick. This worked better, but then I had to take time creating templates and hosting them, then waiting for the customer to view them......,
Advantage: Visits eliminated-cost of visits (time and money) saved

Then I came up with another idea, which was to ask the client if he had a site in mind that he would want his website to look like.This works best for me now as the customer would send the names of sites he'd want his website to look like. All I needed to do was visit the site, and style it according to the customers color scheme, then add the desired functionality.
Advantage: Time to build templates and host eliminated

You can share yours
Re: Handling Clients That Are Not Within Your Immediate Environment by yawatide(f): 1:04pm On Sep 11, 2013
Except for coming up with multiple templates, all your other approaches are in order. Remember, time is money. I show people one template after asking the relevant questions (what sites do you like? is there a particular color scheme you like? etc). Then I ask them to make corrections to what i send them.

(1) (Reply)

Advertisers Needed (Your Wallet Will Not Be Required Here) / Make Extra Cash Online......for Bloggers Only / Dear Pls Review This Blogsite For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.