Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,198 members, 7,867,470 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:47 PM

Questions We Should Ask ASUU - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Questions We Should Ask ASUU (1141 Views)

Some Tips Questions We Whant All Nigerians To Ask And Answer About Boko Haram Issue / The Questions We Should Ask-budget Analysis By El- Rufai / Know The Documents Police Should Ask For At Checkpoints! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Questions We Should Ask ASUU by Dospix(m): 3:07pm On Sep 12, 2013
I am being compelled to write this because of the state of quagmire our government and ASUU have plonged our Educational sector;their by, neglecting the plight of the Nigerian students. For years now, our Educationally sector have become a 'childs play' as a result of the constant strike being embarked by the Nigerian Lecturers. What we are currently experiencing now is not something new, instead, it is a recur of what has already happened in time past.The current protracted strike action been embarked by the members of ASUU is said to be moves to ensure that the Federal government does not renege on the agreement it had with ASUU in 2009. But the question i ask is: if eventually the government implements in full the agreement they had with ASUU, will this in anyway result to the complete demise of the escalating corruption we experience in the Nigerian public university? Will this stop some of our lecturers from sexually harassing our female students? Will this lead to the complete extinct of sorting,Payment before admission,sale of handout and un-seriousness exhibited by some Lecturers? If the Federal Government eventually decides to implement in full the proposal of ASUU; would this mark the end of ASUU strike in Nigeria? If there will be another strike in future, what could possibly cajole the members of ASUU into embarking on another strike? The members of ASUU board did align their decision not to back down until the agreement with the federal government is fully implemented in line with the interest of the students(to avoid incessant strike in future), can they categorically assure the Nigerian students that they have put plans in place to ensure that the federal government does not deceive them like they have done in time past? ASUU on countless occassions have expressed their fustration over what they call negligence of the structural facilities in the Nigerian university; If the agreement is fully implemented, would this lead to a total uplift of the infrastructures in the various universities in Nigerian? I am asking these questions because it will really be unfair for the Nigerian students to stay very long at home and be given another strike knock out two month after the strike is called off. I must clearly state that both the Federal Government and ASUU are responsible for the state our universities currently finds herself; however, in-order for things to change, the both parties must work in unity to ensure that our universities regain its lost glory.
Re: Questions We Should Ask ASUU by immortalvoices(m): 3:28pm On Sep 12, 2013
Hmmm... I weep for the nigerian students

Our people says "when two elephants fights it's the grass that suffers"

Who are the elephants and who are the grass..

I HEAR VIOCES...in my head, but if only I understand

Signs of the Last days......
Re: Questions We Should Ask ASUU by Dospix(m): 4:03pm On Sep 14, 2013
We need to stand against these evil men or else we will keep suffering for no just course.

(1) (Reply)

Is Ds Pricc Photoshoped PICS / Tinubu Is On His Own - Middle Belt / ASUU President Convienced Lecturers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.