Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,201 members, 7,815,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

I Am Going Back To The University To Teach- Sacked Minister Of Education - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Am Going Back To The University To Teach- Sacked Minister Of Education (512 Views)

10 Year Old Nigerian Girl Accepted In Uk University To Study Maths Degree / Students Caught In PDA At Babcock University To Be Punished - School Memo / Redeemers University To Suspend 22 Students For Not Attending Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Going Back To The University To Teach- Sacked Minister Of Education by ndala(m): 5:28pm On Sep 12, 2013
Am Going Back To The University To Teach - Sacked Minister Of Education.

Prof. Ruqayyatu Rufa’i, who was among the nine ministers relieved of their positions by President Goodluck Jonathan in a cabinet reshuffle on Wednesday, says she will be going back to the university to teach.

She, who handed over the affairs of the education ministry to the Minister of State in the ministry, Chief Nyesom Wike, as directed by the president, told newsmen that she would be going back to continue with her job as a teacher.

Before her appointment as a minister, Rufa’i was a professor of Curriculum Studies at the Bayero University, Kano.
“I called you here to witness the handing over because as you are all aware my tenure as minister has expired along with eight others.
“I am going back to resume my job as a professor of Curriculum Studies at the Bayero University Kano, that is where I came from on secondment.

“We should know that a time like this will come because if it does not, death is surely an end.”
She expressed gratitude to the President for the opportunity given her to serve as a cabinet minister.
“I have enjoyed a close working relationship with the President.
“Of course, there were times we had our disagreements, but overall we enjoyed working together.”

Rufa’i, who also thanked Wike and other officials of the ministry for the support she enjoyed during her tenure in the ministry, tasked them not to relent in achieving the sector’s goal of Access and Quality.

In his remarks, Wike described Rufa’i's exit as ”painful” but said that “when we are not in control, there is nothing we can do”.
He said because of the cordial working relations between them, the two had never been summoned by the president to define their roles.
Wike thanked the former minister for her good leadership.
“I therefore implore you, please do not abandon the ministry, continue to give us the advice you would have been giving if you were here,” he said

Also in his remarks, the Permanent Secretary in the ministry, Dr McJohn Nwaobiala, said the change was ”like being hit by a thunderbolt”.
Nwaobiala, who described Rufa’i as totally different, pledged that the ministry would build on the foundation she had laid. (NAN)
Re: I Am Going Back To The University To Teach- Sacked Minister Of Education by Rexphobia(m): 5:31pm On Sep 12, 2013
Who cares? Like you couldn't have done both concurrently if you really loved teaching.
Re: I Am Going Back To The University To Teach- Sacked Minister Of Education by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 12, 2013
how I wish you will, so you'll know how it feels when you work and not get paid

2 Likes

Re: I Am Going Back To The University To Teach- Sacked Minister Of Education by Idrismusty97(m): 6:10pm On Sep 12, 2013
God don catch you.You dey go join ASUU wey you fight against.Mtcheew.

(1) (Reply)

View Funai 1st And 2nd Admission Lists Without Downloading. / University Of Ilorin Chat Room / ASUU Branches To Hold Congresses Today, Exco On Wednesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.