Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,614 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Got These Two Items? Welcome To Freelance Writing Career - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Got These Two Items? Welcome To Freelance Writing Career (846 Views)

Sell These Two Items On Ecommerce Websites And Make Cool Money / Welcome To Lagos "SNAKE" Market, Badagry. Pictures. / Welcome-Hisenjos Fiverr,Freelancer via Payoneer Skrill Exchange Customer Support (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Got These Two Items? Welcome To Freelance Writing Career by Suhaibu(m): 8:05am On Sep 13, 2013
As I mentioned here on nairaland earlier, the online writing business, known as freelance writing, doesn’t require much to setup, whether it’s capital (in form of money) or resources (in form of tools and items).

One of the biggest things that the business requires, in my opinion, is commitment. If you can commit to learn and write, then you’re half-way done. Now to complete the other half, you must get these two items – only 2 items – to kick-start your writing career:

1. Blackberry

I know it sounds odd to run an online business with a Blackberry phone, but I really started running my freelance writing business with my Blackberry Bold.

The good news is that, you can now buy a London-used one at just N15, 000 or N17, 000. Because freelance writing doesn’t require much Internet data or sophisticated computer software, you can just subscribe to the weekly or monthly BIS and get going.
The Smartphone has an amazing DocumentToGo, a mini MS Office app, which let you write, edit, and submit content to clients on the go.

2. Room or Office

Writing and distraction don’t match. That’s why one of the things to consider before subscribing to freelance writing business is whether you have safe environment to run the business.

Most freelance writers today, especially those from the First World – US, UK, and Canada among others – rent small offices in their cities to operate their businesses. To this day, I run my writing business from my room; I just make sure that my friends aren’t around to watch Premier League whenever I sit down to write. That’s why I write in the early morning hours (6-8 AM).

If you can operate your writing business safely from your room, you’re good to go. If you have enough to rent an office, that’s excellent. The key is to be productive… become prolific. If you have the talent and remain dumb, still, and inactive, surely, you’ll hate yourself later.

There’s no better time to explore the Internet advantage and succeed than today – in this technologically-driven world.
Got questions or anything to add? Drop them under the thread, and I’ll answer. Any freelance writer in the house? Please, jump in and share…
……

Suhaib Mohammed is a professional freelance writer. He’s the founder and Editor-in-Chief of Haibtext. He offers A-Z learning resource on freelance writing. Subscribe to his blog here: http://haibtext.com and receive free, fresh update directly to your inbox.
Re: Got These Two Items? Welcome To Freelance Writing Career by litetias(m): 8:58am On Sep 13, 2013
Do you have your articles published on print and online media?
Re: Got These Two Items? Welcome To Freelance Writing Career by Edmomd(m): 9:06am On Sep 13, 2013
Thanks for the good 2 points you raised. Please do you have good sites that offer freelance writting jobs and pays with visa or master card?
Re: Got These Two Items? Welcome To Freelance Writing Career by Suhaibu(m): 9:48am On Sep 13, 2013
litetias: Do you have your articles published on print and online media?

I have published a couple of other on Weekly Trust. They're on the paper. They don't post all articles on their site.

I have many articles published on numerous websites and blogs. Take a look at these:

1. www.modernpoliticians.com/as-mali-seeks-foreign-aid-us-offers-drones/

2. www.omojuwa.com/2013/07/mr-president-unlock-the-power-of-politics-to-provide-peace-and-prosperity-by-mohammed-suhaib/

3. www.ekekeee.com/no-this-is-not-islam-by-mohammed-suhaib/

If you're looking for article on freelance writing business, I have tones on my blog here:

http://haibtext.com
Re: Got These Two Items? Welcome To Freelance Writing Career by Suhaibu(m): 9:55am On Sep 13, 2013
Edmomd: Thanks for the good 2 points you raised. Please do you have good sites that offer freelance writting jobs and pays with visa or master card?

No! Not that I know... But Elance.com pays via wire transfer. In order words, if you have a GTB domiciliary account, you can withdraw directly to your bank account.

Read this article. It explains everything:

http://haibtext.com/2013/08/23/guaranty-trust-bank-gtb-your-safest-option-for-online-funds-transfer/
Re: Got These Two Items? Welcome To Freelance Writing Career by vaniesexy: 6:59pm On Sep 14, 2013
Hi,open your link above,i love your articles,i want to start writings too,please will appreciate if you coach me as a newbie. Thank you n please reply and want to know if you are on whatapp will prefer a chat there
Re: Got These Two Items? Welcome To Freelance Writing Career by Suhaibu(m): 5:15pm On Sep 15, 2013
vaniesexy: Hi,open your link above,i love your articles,i want to start writings too,please will appreciate if you coach me as a newbie. Thank you n please reply and want to know if you are on whatapp will prefer a chat there

Hi,

Nice to hear that you love the articles...

If you haven't subscribed to my blog, you need to. Fresh content will be sent directly to your inbox if you sign up.

I don't use Watsapp.

If you got questions, email me here:

suhaib@haibtext.com

I'm more than happy to coach!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Guys;which Business Do You Think Will Boom With 3m? / How To Start Poultry Farming In Nigeria Small And Grow Very Lucrative / How Do I Fund Paypal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.