Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,489 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! (11302 Views)

What Are The Functions Of The 'd', 'd3', 'd2' And 'd1' Of Automatic Cars / 2008 Audi A8 D3 6.0 W12 Or 2010 Dodge Ram 2500 5.7 HEMI Quad Cab? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 13, 2013
Following the sale of my Audi A4, the search was on for a replacement, and a shift back into the luxury sector.

My requirements were simple:

It must be German.
It must be a full-size sedan.
It must be AWD.
And it must be built out of aluminium!

After several false starts, I finaly located one two weeks ago, and have been in negotiation with the seller. Yesterday, we agreed on a price, and I am picking her up today, a 530-mile round trip, and 11 hours!

I'm leaving West London at 17:30, to arrive at Accrington, Lancashire at 23:45. Will update as and when.

1 Like

Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by shootsight(m): 1:42pm On Sep 13, 2013
Oga Wђã† car make and model αяє u picking up ?? And also y ∂ stress on an aluminium body shell..[b][/b]
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Shagati(m): 1:52pm On Sep 13, 2013
Siena:
It must be German.
It must be a full-size sedan.
It must be AWD.
And it must be built out of aluminium!

BMW 7 Series? No! No AWD, no aluminium shell
Merc S-Class? No! No aluminium shell
VW Phaeton? What's that?
Audi A8/S8? wink cheesy grin Before nko? If it was another poster, I would have had some doubts

*Subscribed*
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by uboma(m): 1:55pm On Sep 13, 2013
@ Siena, have a safe ride back and please do oblige us with pictures of your found love.

Cheers
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 13, 2013
The first thig I did was have my pal run a full scan of all modules in the car. As Lancashire is 265 miles away from me, it didn't make sense to drive that far, just to have a "look". If I travel that far, it means I've pretty much made up my mind to purchase.

My pal was up North, so I got hime to check the beast out. With a video link set up, we both did a walk-round inspection, then the interior. All checked out perfect. Then came the scan, using none other than ****. This is dealer level, and hard to beat. Perfect!

All I did this morning was ring up my insurance company, and have the insurance on my sold Audi A4 Avant Quattro B6 transferred to the new purchase.

My coach departs London Victoria at 17:30, and my travel itinerary reads like this:

Hayes --> London Victoria --> Accrington, Lancashire.

I'm just waiting for my taxi, which I've booked for 16:00 for the first leg of my journey. It's going to be a long trip! I most likely won't be home till 04:30 hours. The journey back promises to be much faster, smoother, luxurous and above all, a darn sight more enjoyable!

1 Like

Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Gee2728(m): 6:35pm On Sep 13, 2013
Siena: The first thig I did was have my pal run a full scan of all modules in the car. As Lancashire is 265 miles away from me, it didn't make sense to drive that far, just to have a "look". If I travel that far, it means I've pretty much made up my mind to purchase.

My pal was up North, so I got hime to check the beast out. With a video link set up, we both did a walk-round inspection, then the interior. All checked out perfect. Then came the scan, using none other than ****. This is dealer level, and hard to beat. Perfect!

All I did this morning was ring up my insurance company, and have the insurance on my sold Audi A4 Avant Quattro B6 transferred to the new purchase.

My coach departs London Victoria at 17:30, and my travel itinerary reads like this:

Hayes --> London Victoria --> Accrington, Lancashire.

I'm just waiting for my taxi, which I've booked for 16:00 for the first leg of my journey. It's going to be a long trip! I most likely won't be home till 04:30 hours. The journey back promises to be much faster, smoother, luxurous and above all, a darn sight more enjoyable!
got me all smiling, that sweet feel of taking delivery of a new ride.. You guys are so lucky out there on how easy u can switch insurance from car to car. It has to be another AUDI cos when it comes 2 big AWD, none does it better. Safe trip.
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by luluspin(m): 9:29pm On Sep 13, 2013
@siena, I notice some odd things while driving my kia optima 2002 model when I go on 80/90 the car start vibrating presumably the 2 tyres in the front, besides I just got the tyres, and it wasn't like that since not untill yesterday, also when I proceed to 100/120 the car starts tilting or suarving left and right but not much, pls help what shld I do.....
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 13, 2013
shoot@sight:
Oga Wђã† car make and model αяє u picking up ?? And also y ∂ stress on an aluminium body shell..[b][/b]

Aluminium is much lighter than steel. And with Spaceframe Construction, the bodyshell is extremely strong, and much stiffer than a conventional steel monocoque of similar size.
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 12:53am On Sep 14, 2013
Update!

I realised, at the last minute, just before I boarded the coach that I'd forgotten to run a HPI check on the car. A good thing too - I paid for a check, and discovered though the car was in great shape, it had outstanding finance against it. There is a £6,377 loan outstanding.!

So while I can still buy the car, it means I will then be liable for the unpaid loan balance, in addition to any funds I'd paid the seller. It always pays to check out a car thoroughly.

The search continues - I've spotted another car, and run a check against the license plate, and found no outstanding finance marked against it. I'll call the seller tomorrow, and take things from there.

1 Like

Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by FindOut(m): 2:35am On Sep 14, 2013
Siena: Update!

I realised, at the last minute, just before I boarded the coach that I'd forgotten to run a HPI check on the car. A good thing too - I paid for a check, and discovered though the car was in great shape, it had outstanding finance against it. There is a £6,377 loan outstanding.!

So while I can still buy the car, it means I will then be liable for the unpaid loan balance, in addition to any funds I'd paid the seller. It always pays to check out a car thoroughly.

The search continues - I've spotted another car, and run a check against the license plate, and found no outstanding finance marked against it. I'll call the seller tomorrow, and take things from there.

That's A LOT of money! shocked shocked shocked & the seller didn't deem it fit to inform you about this?? I call Dishonesty.
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Lexusgs430: 3:19am On Sep 14, 2013
Well done. You would have had the bailiffs come claiming their property soonest !!! The seller wanted to pull a fast one on you.
Things i check before buying any car regardless of age, are HPI and MOT HISTORY.
HPI CHECK - For finance issues, accident history and mileage verifications
MOT HISTORY - Also for mileage verification and failure or advisory status

1 Like

Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by uboma(m): 5:51am On Sep 14, 2013
@ Siena, lucky you that you found out the finance status of the vehicle. You would have incurred unnecessary debt. Good thinking. More grease to your elbows
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by KA24DETT(m): 9:35am On Sep 14, 2013
Siena: Update!

Phew, you dodged that bullet. I would have used that to negotiate with the seller, bring it to his attention. Unless the car price is less than that..
Did you tell the seller when you found out about the finance? I would wana see the look on his face..
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 14, 2013
Plz Sienna reveal 2 us the car u bought,or is it an omega opel.
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 14, 2013
KA24DETT:

Phew, you dodged that bullet. I would have used that to negotiate with the seller, bring it to his attention. Unless the car price is less than that..
Did you tell the seller when you found out about the finance? I would wana see the look on his face..

Lol...I called the seller, and mentioned the outstanding finance to him, and he promptly hung up! He wouldn't answer my calls after that. I wonder why that was?
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 14, 2013
Bossforeva: Plz Sienna reveal 2 us the car u bought,or is it an omega opel.

Heaven forbid! Bro, I'd rather buy an Oyster card or a Bus Pass! cheesy
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 14, 2013
Lexusgs430: Well done. You would have had the bailiffs come claiming their property soonest !!! The seller wanted to pull a fast one on you.
Things i check before buying any car regardless of age, are HPI and MOT HISTORY.
HPI CHECK - For finance issues, accident history and mileage verifications
MOT HISTORY - Also for mileage verification and failure or advisory status

I always do the same too - regardless of how cheap the car is. The MOT history and status checked up (I used the Document Reference Number to check). I just got distracted on the HPI check, and forgot. I only remembered at the last minute. Saved by the bell, huh? wink
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by shootsight(m): 11:42am On Sep 14, 2013
Siena:

ROTFL!

Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 14, 2013
Siena:

hahaha...lauf wan kill me here.
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Emperoh(m): 10:50pm On Sep 14, 2013
Siena:

Lol...I called the seller, and mentioned the outstanding finance to him, and he promptly hung up! He wouldn't answer my calls after that. I wonder why that was?

You still don't know? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 14, 2013
Emperoh:

You still don't know? shocked shocked shocked

When I stated "I wonder why that was?" I was being sarcastic. It's obvious why he wouldn't answer my calls.
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Originalsly: 8:06pm On Sep 15, 2013
Siena:

Should not have called him......just wait until he called and ask him if he was calling to tell you something you needed to know. No wonder the ride was in perfect shape....and a good price I guess!
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 18, 2013
Update: As of today, I'm the proud owner of a highly-spec'd car. I pulled the trigger a couple of hours ago, after carrying out the necessary checks. Mileage, MOT and Service history, as well as an HPI check to see if there's any finance owing. All checked out perfect.

So, it did pay to be messed around with the one I almost got. A nicer colour, and more optional extras.

I'll be picking her up in the next couple of weeks, when I've got some of my current jobs cleared, and have more time on my hands. The bonus is this time, it's not as far, a mere 4-hour round trip.

I'll post up pictures when I pick her up. smiley
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 18, 2013
Congrats bro on the new deal, like u said this car is better than the old car, seem like every disappointment is a blessing in disguise. Can't wait to see how she looks
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by shootsight(m): 12:54pm On Sep 18, 2013
Oga siena congrats on ur latest acquisition.. But Τђε suspense is becoming unbearable o. Even if u won't give us Τђε make and model at least whet our appetite with technical specifications now? ℓ☺ℓ
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 18, 2013
Siena must have bought a German...not Mercedes....BMW also unlikely....Opel very unlikely...fill in the gap________ cool

shoot@sight:
Oga siena congrats on ur latest acquisition.. But Τђε suspense is becoming unbearable o. Even if u won't give us Τђε make and model at least whet our appetite with technical specifications now? ℓ☺ℓ

1 Like

Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 18, 2013
smartchoice: Siena must have bought a German...not Mercedes....BMW also unlikely....Opel very unlikely...fill in the gap________ cool

Siena has been an Audi diehard fan since I started following his threads, only a few times (I think once) he worked on a Volvo estate (I stand to be corrected). Do the maths, he gơ̴͡t himself an Audi.
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by splendore(m): 2:37pm On Sep 18, 2013
I bet it is an Audi or a volkswagen product, just looking though.
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 18, 2013
Sorry about the suspense guys, not too long to go now. smiley
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 18, 2013
My inquiry Mr Siena!
Siena: Sorry about the suspense guys, not too long to go now. smiley
Re: Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 19, 2013
Siena are U a fan of the premium wheels just as ur ride is a luxury one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Watch A Magna Tweaked Tesla Model S With 3 Motors Drift On Snow & Wet pavement / How Important Is Mileage For Nigerian-used Cars: Dealers Please Advise / PAN Nigeria Higer Bus Bags Best New Auto Entrant Commercial Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.