Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,017 members, 7,841,869 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Android 4.4 Would Instead Be Known As “kitkat”. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android 4.4 Would Instead Be Known As “kitkat”. (469 Views)

Nokia Power Ranger Is A Dual Boot Smartphone With Android 4.4 Kitkat And Windows / Pls How Do I Root Innjoo I2s Kitkat Android Phone / [tutorial] How To Root Tecno D5 And Other Chinese Android 4.o Phones. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Android 4.4 Would Instead Be Known As “kitkat”. by kuruptical(m): 3:43pm On Sep 13, 2013
Google has long been rumoured to call the next iteration of Android “Key Lime Pie”, but it surprised the world last night when it officially announced that Android 4.4 would instead be known as “KitKat”. The advertising company is working in coordination with Nestle in the hopes of promoting Android on a mass scale.

The BBC says that no money changed hands in the deal between the two companies, but they’ll be working closely together to sell each other’s products. Nestle will soon release special edition KitKats with Android branding and opportunities to win special prizes from Google. Anyone who buys one of those KitKat bars could potentially win a Nexus 7 tablet or credit for the Play Store. All in all, 50 million bars with the special Android branding will be produced.

Google says the name was pitched by one of its employees, and decided to approach Nestle when it realized that most people didn’t know what key lime pie tastes like. A deal was then reportedly struck within 24 hours.

The brains behind Android also announced that the operating system has surpassed one billion activations. That milestone comes several months after Google revealed that it had reached 900 million activations around the world back at its I/O conference in May[b][/b]
Re: Android 4.4 Would Instead Be Known As “kitkat”. by antontech(m): 3:58pm On Sep 13, 2013
If only android phones are cheap, I will be changing fone every month. tecno and gionee no follow ooh wink

(1) (Reply)

Help Needed On Rootin Tecno L3 / Earn Money Online For Free With Your Phone / HTC Wildfire Fr Sale On Low Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.