Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,177 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence (16332 Views)

Keke NAPEP Driving On Pedestrain Bridge In Lagos / Lagosians Challenge Military Officers For Driving Against Traffic (Pictures) / PHOTOS Of The Man Told To Leave Saudi Arabia For Being ‘too Handsome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by r231(m): 12:27am On Sep 14, 2013
A Hawaiian woman has been left outraged after state officials asked her to cut down her 36-letter surname – because it wouldn’t fit on the ID card.

Furious Janice Lokelani Keihanaikukauakahihuliheekahaunaele claims the state has been ‘disrespectful’ towards her Hawaiian heritage after being reissued an ID card with only 35 letters in her surname.

Her name is so long that the driving licence in question does not even include her first name and middle names at all.

Mrs Keihanaikukauakahihuliheekahaunaele, who has had to carry two ID cards for the past 20 years, said that the action of missing off one letter was ‘disrespectful of the Hawaiian people’.

‘The county has never accommodated my name on my driver’s license,’ she told Honolulu television station KHON2.

She said the new ID has created a number of problems for her, including not being able to travel and being questioned by police during traffic.

’He looked at it and he goes, “Well, where is your first name?” And I said, “Don’t blame me. This is your department, this is the county”.’

Mrs Keihanaikukauakahihuliheekahaunaele said that she has been told by the country to take her maiden name or shorten her last name. But she wants to keep the name as a tribute to her late husband.

After the TV station that originally reported the story pressured the local Department of Transport on the issue, officials said they will extend ID cards to a 40-character limit.

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by Freiburger(m): 7:07am On Sep 14, 2013
Keihanaikukauakahihuliheekahaunaele, lol, i took my breath 2wice before i could pronounce the name. grin
Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by Super1759: 7:09am On Sep 14, 2013
Freiburger: Keihanaikukauakahihuliheekahaunaele, lol, i took my breath 2wice before i gould pronounce the name. grin
you didn pronounce it,be sincere.

23 Likes

Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by Freiburger(m): 7:16am On Sep 14, 2013
yes i did. grin
Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 14, 2013
My babe's name is Eneda

Her full name is Enedalanmaduanyaenelamakaechidimeokwaimaro

2 Likes

Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 14, 2013
What ?!?! grin grin

What a tongue twister. You go lose your tongue when trying to pronounce this name.
grin

4 Likes

Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 14, 2013
They should just type her her name with 0.3 font size, like that the name go contain..

We are approaching end t...... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by Gboliwe: 12:03pm On Sep 14, 2013
What a name!
Who knows the meaning?

1 Like

Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by Dyt(f): 1:17pm On Sep 14, 2013
grin grin grin grin
Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by MMotimo: 7:12am On Sep 15, 2013
200-alphabet name? Does she think the world owes her undecided

1 Like

Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by swtchicgurl: 12:10pm On Sep 15, 2013
I guess an officer dozed off with his head on the keypad while typing the real name on the birth certificate and was too late to edit. tongue

10 Likes

Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by gluv01(f): 11:37pm On Sep 15, 2013
swtchicgurl: I guess an officer dozed off with his head on the keypad while typing the real name on the birth certificate and was too late to edit. tongue

grin grin Probably
Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 17, 2013
Lolz,buh why is it dz funny sth neva made frontpage?
Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by Cestmoi1(f): 11:23pm On Sep 17, 2013
Phew! hard to pronounce without biting one's tongue.
Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by dominique(f): 11:35am On Sep 18, 2013
Its not about the lenght of the name alone, its also about how the letters on it are construed. Can she even pronounce it without panting?
Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by AbuMikey(m): 5:34pm On Sep 18, 2013
**phew**

I must pronounce this name today o angry

1 Like

Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by ajasa4link: 5:48pm On Sep 18, 2013
the lady must marry this great man

7 Likes

Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by Freiburger(m): 6:27pm On Sep 18, 2013
ajasa4link: the lady must marry this great man
lol, I think the Pronunciation wiil be much easier when pronunced together. grin
Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by yuzedo: 2:14pm On Sep 19, 2013
see as d name will be in side d driver lisense:

hsijfojl.fliy.gikxulhyldf/opklv,yku,vllpglyix,cuoj;c.yhsxyli.xrtgsd/;gf;xilktycofux.kicylxx,jyuc;ly,xjh,c,nv jkuyxtygxcu;ihlxt,jxlx,jhcgkujcklx,kuhdy,xcyylyx.ihkdil,khsxyl,iukdjcylhciul,xkujxixyuxihljxgxl,hxgkcukfuoik;dyssktsk,jhdyudjuydyudlyiddddddd

it will be pouring out of d right-screen. we give up!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by Okijajuju1(m): 2:15pm On Sep 19, 2013
Even her Passport sef go need to big like Fulls cap Book to accomodate that her name..

I wonder wether she even sabi the meaning of the name..
Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by obi123: 2:20pm On Sep 19, 2013
ajasa4link: the lady must marry this great man
lol , can you imagine her deciding to hyphenate her last name with her husband's last name
Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 19, 2013
things time end cool
Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by Bantino(m): 2:21pm On Sep 19, 2013
Hahahahahaaa. What a name!!!
Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by Aedesmuskeeto: 2:21pm On Sep 19, 2013
What kinda name is this??...

Never mind, i'll pass...
Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by unmask: 2:23pm On Sep 19, 2013
just googled the meaning

it means hello
Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by gradeA(m): 2:23pm On Sep 19, 2013
Freiburger: Keihanaikukauakahihuliheekahaunaele, lol, i took my breath 2wice before i could pronounce the name. grin

abeg she should just shorten the name to keihanaiku,
atleast dis sounds igbo, more like keihe-an'eku which is what are they saying?

5 Likes

Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by Burger01(m): 2:24pm On Sep 19, 2013
Freiburger: Keihanaikukauakahihuliheekahaunaele, lol, i took my breath 2wice before i could pronounce the name. grin

No you didn't!

You tried.. I couldn't pronounce nada!!

angry
Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by tolextony(m): 2:25pm On Sep 19, 2013
grin
Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 19, 2013
r231: She said the new ID has created a number of problems for her, including not being able to travel and being questioned by police during traffic.

’He looked at it and he goes, “Well, where is your first name?”
She would have answered "I sent it on errand" grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Keep Your Eye S On The Snake / Is Lagos Larger Than Abuja? / Dog Owners, Please Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.