Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate (15224 Views)

Osita Chidoka Set To Emerge Pdp’s Anambra Central Senatorial Candidate / Osun PDP Senatorial Candidate, Others, Donate foodstuffs To Civil Servants / Imo APGA Senatorial Candidate, Barr. Mrs. Eudora Igwe, Is DEAD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by Gbawe: 7:16am On Sep 14, 2013
Laughing at those who were screaming and tearing off their own robes because Soludo was schemed out of things in Anambra. What makes things even more comical is that it is the same set of clannish people who call APC all manners of negatives daily on this forum without realising that the greatest strength of the APC is the reality of how, beyond the lies and immature name-calling, it is a Party that will always endeavour to help Nigeria's best and most meritoriously-endowed hands gain power instead of frustrating them openly as others do without shame.

Keyamo, totally new to politics, gains what he wants without prolonged rancour or "do-or-die" wahala. This is beautiful to see and , for me, the salvation of Nigeria. This, as we continue to say, is what makes the APC special. Anybody can join the Party but its important positions, i.e those that affects the lives of ordinary Nigerians, will be reserved for proven performers.

The acceptance of Keyamo indicates what is at the core of the change Nigeria needs i.e replacing garbage with the best Nigeria has to offer unlike other Parties that openly shuns, undermines and disgraces performers to give Nigeria individuals who are indolence, corruption and incompetence personified. Congratulations to Festus Keyamo. Another 'good guy' enters the arena courtesy of the APC the natural destination of the best in Nigeria.

http://odili.net/news/source/2013/sep/13/3.html

Friday, September 13, 2013
Keyamo emerges consensus senatorial candidate

THE battle over who picks the ticket of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Delta Central Senatorial re-run appears settled as the three legacy parties which came together to form the new party adopted human rights lawyer Festus Keyamo as their consensus candidate.

They are Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), All Nigerian Peoples Party (ANPP) and Congress for Progressive Change (CPC).

According to a statement, the chairmen, elected officers and leaders of the legacy parties from the eight local governments that make up the Delta Central Senatorial District made this known in a statement issued after several hours of meeting in Effurun on Wednesday.

Reading the statement to newsmen and party faithful, APC leader in Ethiope West LGA, Chief (Capt.) Victor. A. Sota, representing the legacy parties, noted that as owners of the party, their decision to adopt Keyamo as a consensus candidate is binding on all and sundry of the legacy parties in Delta Central.

Prominent among signatories to the statement are ACN Chairman, Delta Central, Mr. Solomon Oyen, Delta Central ANPP Chairman, Chief S.I Savbede, ACN State Legal Adviser, Chief Hero Onwirhiran, CPC Deputy State Chairman, Mr. Igini Aghogho, CPC State Publicity Secretary, Sir. Raphael Tobore Ogene and ANPP State Welfare head, Joseph Akpotihiwe.

11 Likes

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by omiobo: 7:23am On Sep 14, 2013
keyamo all the way!
Ngige all the way!

10 Likes

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by Gbawe: 7:59am On Sep 14, 2013
omiobo: keyamo all the way!
Ngige all the way!

Up Keyamo and up Ngige !!! In fact big up all Nigerian 'good guys' now flocking to the Party that shows it is ready, any time and any day , to give them the chance to actualise their dream of transforming Nigeria for the better. Some people can lie and shout all they want but what cannot be denied is that Nigeria's brightest and most talented are being embraced and hoisted into top offices by the APC as opposed to what has traditionally happened to leave Nigeria a nation where mediocrity led talent and illiterates cowered technocrats and talented achievers.

I have no doubt this thread will be avoided by the hateful souls who always make the APC about Ikimi and other PDP decampees alone. Those sort will never have the uprightness to comment here about how the APC has now given another undoubted Nigerian good guy a platform to deliver for the nation. What the APC is about, centrally, is displayed vividly with the acceptance of Keyamo. I.e wrestling power away from the mediocrity the PDP has delivered everywhere to give talented Nigerians a chance when the old order froze these people out to the extent the likes of Gani Fawehinmi went to his grave an unfulfilled fighter for a better Nigeria. Gani will be looking down now pleased to note positive change is here even if Nigeria is still far from where he wants to see her.

6 Likes

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by stanbiggi(m): 8:01am On Sep 14, 2013
When u are critic of the govt in power they have away of messing u up. By putting u in the platform to dine and wine and see what they see. Now he is anointed let see his transformation if he gets there watch..... I am laughing

2 Likes

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by Gbawe: 8:09am On Sep 14, 2013
stanbiggi: When u are critic of the govt in power they have away of messing u up. By putting u in the platform to dine and wine and see what they see. Now he is anointed let see his transformation if he gets there watch..... I am laughing

People like you are funny. When crooks held sway everywhere you demanded the presence of 'good guys' in our politics as the solution. Now that the good guys are actually making their way into politics and winning, under a new Party Gani Fawehinmi and Ken Saro-Wiwa can only applaud today as a way forward were they alive, you are still cynical and needlessly negative. What exactly do you people want? Perhaps we should endure with crooks, mediocrity and hopelessness then.

7 Likes

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 14, 2013
Keyamo is obviously the best candidate but he has no chance at winning, I am from delta state and I can tell you it is a straight battle between ighoyota amori of PDP and ede dafinone of DPP, keyamo would end up a distant third, that's the sad reality of politics in the niger delta

2 Likes

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by Clerverly: 8:32am On Sep 14, 2013
Ndi Anambra have a lot to learn here.
Up Keyamo! Up Ngige!! Up Buhari!!!
Up Nigerieeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by Olugbenger(m): 8:37am On Sep 14, 2013
Gbawe:

People like you are funny. When crooks held sway everywhere you demanded the presence of 'good guys' in our politics as the solution. Now that the good guys are actually making their way into politics and winning, under a new Party Gani Fawehinmi and Ken Saro-Wiwa can only applaud today as a way forward were they alive, you are still cynical and needlessly negative. What exactly do you people want? Perhaps we should endure with crooks, mediocrity and hopelessness then.
don't mind him.
even after being used to darkness,he can't appreciate light.

i'm sure he had no problems with those crooks.

4 Likes

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by Kanwulia: 8:40am On Sep 14, 2013
NO FIGHT FOR DELTA STATE O!
Na we get GOVERNOR 'SLUT'! cool

Anioma PAWA!!!!! cheesy

Urhobo. . . 8 years!
Itsekiri. . . 8 years!

ANIOMA. . . 8 YEARS! cool

Okurin MERIN!!!! cool

Time to move back to NIGERIA to CHOP! cool
Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by Gbawe: 8:48am On Sep 14, 2013
emk4lif: Keyamo is obviously the best candidate but he has no chance at winning, I am from delta state and I can tell you it is a straight battle between ighoyota amori of PDP and ede dafinone of DPP, keyamo would end up a distant third, that's the sad reality of politics in the niger delta

It does not matter. I am glad you confessed that Keyamo is the "best candidate". What is important is that the APC is not guilty of turning away or undermining the best on offer as other Parties have done to the detriment of Nigeria.

Sooner or later, if APC fundamentally persevere with the definitive policy of promoting the best into office, Nigerian Parties will be forced to copy the APC to the extent that, as obtains elsewhere throughout the world, our political arena will be 'sanitised' till it becomes the domain of talented achievers and solution-providers instead of it being home to accidental leaders and 'olodos' who have no history of doing anything positive for anyone.This concept has gotten Botswana et al on the path of progress and it is what Nigeria needs too.

23 Likes

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 14, 2013
i. Support APC because of the great minds in the party, the likes of Oshiomole, keyamo, utomi, Fashola, ribadu and many more. Fact is there are bad eggs and crooks in the party but it takes a Crook to catch a crook. Since no clean party has ever won elections in Nigeria, the crooks are welcome as far as they follow party rules. FACT IS NIGERIANS LOVE CROOKS, that is why the likes of gani fawehimi, ojukwu never won elections.

16 Likes

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by donphilopus: 8:55am On Sep 14, 2013
APC! CHANGE, Our Slogan Is Change, All We Need Is Change
Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by skyfall: 9:10am On Sep 14, 2013
I love the way the APC is attracting the best guys from all over country. They may not be perfect yet, but we stand the best chance with these guys who have always stood on the side of the masses.

Any people that refuse to vote in the good guys will only stand by biting their fingers while the good guys' people are enjoying the dividends of their wise decisions. The same way many are envying the SW now.

5 Likes

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by Lilaex: 9:56am On Sep 14, 2013
Let me robust a prepared reply...
Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by deandavid(m): 10:06am On Sep 14, 2013
emk4lif: Keyamo is obviously the best candidate but he has no chance at winning, I am from delta state and I can tell you it is a straight battle between ighoyota amori of PDP and ede dafinone of DPP, keyamo would end up a distant third, that's the sad reality of politics in the niger delta
my friend, u said he is d best qualified candidate, and u r stil doubtin? If i may ask, whr do u stand, for mediocrity and plunderin of our wealth or for accountability, competency and progress? Who would u vote 4? If u agree keyamo is d best, den vote 4 him, let, protect ur vote, and let keyamo and God do their own work. D time has come, we cnt continue like dis.

7 Likes

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 14, 2013
Tho I have been busy lately....let me also lend my voice to the deliberate move by APC to attract the primus interpares(First amongst equals) into the party

Remember also that Prof Pat Utomi is another egghead in the APC today

I tend to laugh when armchair critics say the old order should give way without(those individuals we love to see leading us) them joining a truly national and progressive party

It is not an accident of coincidence that every open-minded and detribalised Nigerian finds APC a natural habitat

Just like @Gbawe said Baba Gani would be more than happy to see his boy(Festus Keyamo did pupillage @ Gani's chambers) offering himself to serve his father land rather than keep shouting himself hoarse at the byline of activism

4 Likes

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by baynix(m): 10:17am On Sep 14, 2013
[size=16]If you still think APC is the same with PDP, then it's safe to say your brain is due for Lobotomy!!

I enjoyed the conversation between him and Edmond Obilo of Splash F.M!!

Good Man I Must Say!!

APC = Change!![/size]

9 Likes

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by deandavid(m): 10:18am On Sep 14, 2013
For those that are in doubt, i wouldnt blame u, our govt hav so washed and cheated us 4 so long that we do not have hope again, even wen we see hope, we wouldnt know. But i promise u all deltans, if we cn give half of d support we gave great ogboru to keyamo, i bet u, he ll clear pdp swiftly. KEYAMO... NO VOILENCE
DELTA FORCES UNITED...NA OUR HAND E DEY
ÀPC... CHANGE.......
CHANGE...All over the NATION......

5 Likes

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by solomon111(m): 10:20am On Sep 14, 2013
Lol at envying the SW.
Professional Noisemakers.

2 Likes

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by solomon111(m): 10:27am On Sep 14, 2013
deandavid: For those that are in doubt, i wouldnt blame u, our govt hav so washed and cheated us 4 so long that we do not have hope again, even wen we see hope, we wouldnt know. But i promise u all deltans, if we cn give half of d support we gave great ogboru to keyamo, i bet u, he ll clear pdp swiftly. KEYAMO... NO VOILENCE
DELTA FORCES UNITED...NA OUR HAND E DEY
ÀPC... CHANGE.......
CHANGE...All over the NATION......
See this paid hack.
Why not go and tell the people of nasarawa state that APC which is currently in charge of their state is the hope they need.
They would probably lynch you.
Keep deceiving yourself that the political parties are different.
Nigerians should Vote for the individuals they want irrespective of party affiliations.

5 Likes

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by BabaEleko(m): 10:38am On Sep 14, 2013
PDP is dead!!!
Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by fitzmayowa: 10:39am On Sep 14, 2013
*patiently waiting* For the e-warriors start their e-war...
Oya Nairaland e-warrior over to you
Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by bknight: 10:41am On Sep 14, 2013
undecided
Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 14, 2013
solomon111: See this paid hack.
Why not go and tell the people of nasarawa state that APC which is currently in charge of their state is the hope they need.
Nigerians should Vote for the individuals they want irrespective of party affiliations.
why not ask labaran maku why he is hell bent on destroy his people? We all know what PDP is about, DIVIDE AND RULE.

2 Likes

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by cyril10(m): 10:55am On Sep 14, 2013
Small minded people, may he win so that we see how he is going to perform when he gets to NASS. Na today.
Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by deandavid(m): 10:55am On Sep 14, 2013
émi paid ke..e b like say u be learner. Wel d only reason i am sounding like a paid hack is becos i hav gotten myself involved, and i am following barr. Keyamo bumper 2 bumper. Since thr is no provisn 4 independent candidacy, d best platform 4 him is d alternative party(APC) as for nasarawa people i ll say, them no get luck, because u cnt tel me thr wont b judas or black sheep in d apc, mayb their gov na 1 of d black sheep. But as 4 keyamo, we trust am, we knw am wella.

4 Likes

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by cyril10(m): 10:57am On Sep 14, 2013
Noise makers hardly perform when they get to Govt, if i lie, ask Dino Melaye and co.

1 Like

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by deandavid(m): 10:58am On Sep 14, 2013
As for me, my house, community, ward, local govt and state, we are for BARR. FESTUS KEYAMO.

4 Likes

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by funshint(m): 11:00am On Sep 14, 2013
Nassarawa gov is just a case of a bad egg among good eggs. CPC-apc will definitely lose Nassarawa if Al-makura is allowed to vie 4 2nd term unless they nominate another person possibly "Solomon Ewuga" But that by the way; APC has a strong sense of promoting meaningful candidates unlike PDP. APC and PDP are NO WAY IN THESAME CLASS tol(talking out loud)... Up Keyamo...Up Ngige... Up APC. Mr Buhari pls go and rest your time is up!!!

2 Likes

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by Tropilo(m): 11:04am On Sep 14, 2013
Gbawe:

Keyamu is a loud-mouthed, notice-me, fame-seeker.
He bad mouths almost everyone except himself just to get noticed.
He has and still talks bad of Chief Gani even in death, a man well respected and honored even by the high and low of the society.

I am from Delta State and i know Keyamu is not electable. This is the simple truth!

1 Like

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by funshint(m): 11:08am On Sep 14, 2013
Tropilo:

He has and still talks bad of Chief Gani even in death, a man well respected and honored even by the high and low of the society.

I am from Delta State and i know Keyamu is not electable. This is the simple truth!
Are U̶̲̥̅̊ alrite upstairs... I really doubt it. Well thank God U̶̲̥̅̊ didn't say "Keyamo". That your "Keyamu" must be one of your PDP motorpark chairman abi... Mumu!

2 Likes

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by baynix(m): 11:09am On Sep 14, 2013
Tropilo:

Why shld we believe an airhead like you?? Who is your Candidate??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We'll Punish Those Responsible For Buhari's Loss In Anambra, Says APC / Godspower Oshodin Resigns From The Atiku Care Foundation / INEC’s Current PVCs Have Expired – Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.