Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,852 members, 7,817,524 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

GRAPHIC CONTENT WARNING: Horror As Men Are Beheaded In Front Of Children - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / GRAPHIC CONTENT WARNING: Horror As Men Are Beheaded In Front Of Children (1293 Views)

Man Butchers Friend In Akwa Ibom (warning: Graphic Content) / Man Beheaded In Nanka, Anambra State (graphic Photo) / Graphic Photos: Girl Beheaded In An Uncompleted Building In Osun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GRAPHIC CONTENT WARNING: Horror As Men Are Beheaded In Front Of Children by ganase2: 11:15am On Sep 14, 2013
This is one of the most horrible things have encountered. Not only was the execution done publicly but in-front of children (you might say women are adults). The executioners were rebels that oppose the regime of Syrian President Assad and butchered human being like animals similar to Boko Haram style of killings

The public execution was the last of four that took place on August 31 in the town of Keferghan in the north of the country. The pictures forms part of a set taken by a photojournalist - whose identity has not been revealed in order to protect him - who was given unprecedented access to the gruesome proceedings.

Moments later, the executioner raises his right arm, slashes downwards and the prisoner is dead. The whole barbaric episode is watched by a crowd of jeering men, many of them armed.
And sitting on a low wall only a few feet from where the wretched captive died so violently is a line of young boys.

Among the other photos are an executioner lining up his sword before delivering the final blow as his victim kneels in the village square - and a victim's head being held aloft by a jubilant fighter.

Below is an edited account of the photographer's harrowing experience:

'The man was brought in to the square. His eyes were blindfolded. I began shooting pictures, one after the other. It was to be the fourth execution that day I would photograph. I was feeling awful; several times I had been on the verge of throwing up.

But I kept it under control because as a journalist I knew I had to document this, as I had the three previous beheadings I had photographed that day, in three other locations outside Aleppo.

The crowd began cheering. Everyone was happy. I knew that if I tried to intervene I would be taken away, and that the executions would go ahead. I knew that I wouldn’t be able to change what was happening and I might put myself in danger.

I saw a scene of utter cruelty: a human being treated in a way that no human being should ever be treated. But it seems to me that in two and a half years, the war has degraded people’s humanity. On this day the people at the execution had no control over their feelings, their desires, their anger. It was impossible to stop them.

I don’t know how old the victim was but he was young. He was forced to his knees. The rebels around him read out his crimes from a sheet of paper. They stood around him. The young man was on his knees on the ground, his hands tied. He seemed frozen.

Two rebels whispered something into his ear and the young man replied in an innocent and sad manner, but I couldn’t understand what he said because I don’t speak Arabic.

At the moment of execution the rebels grasped his throat. The young man put up a struggle. Three or four rebels pinned him down. The man tried to protect his throat with his hands, which were still tied together. He tried to resist but they were stronger than he was and they cut his throat. They raised his head into the air. People waved their guns and cheered. Everyone was happy that the execution had gone ahead.

That scene in Syria, that moment, was like a scene from the Middle Ages, the kind of thing you read about in history books. The war in Syria has reached the point where a person can be mercilessly killed in front of hundreds of people who enjoy the spectacle.

As a human being I would never have wished to see what I saw. But as a journalist I have a camera and a responsibility. I have a responsibility to share what I saw that day. That’s why I am making this statement and that’s why I took the photographs. I will close this chapter soon and try never to remember it.'

I wonder how some people manage to sleep at night or even eat!

http://www.tutubranch.com/2013/09/rebels-behead-assad-men.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2420263/As-rebels-behead-Assads-thugs-children-question-really-sides-Syrias-bloodbath.html

Re: GRAPHIC CONTENT WARNING: Horror As Men Are Beheaded In Front Of Children by diarra94(m): 11:38am On Sep 14, 2013
I HOPE SOME PEOPLE ON NL WILL NOW UNDERSTAND THAT HUMANS ARE JUST MERELY ANIMALS THAT HAVE EVOLVED BUT THOSE ANIMALISTIC TENDENCIES ARE PRETTY MUCH STILL THERE. LOOK AT THE STUPID ARAB HYPOCRITES WITH THEIR LONG BEARDS, WELL WE WILL SEE EVENTUALLY WHERE ALL THIS RELIGIOUSNESS WILL LEAD HUMANS TO.

1 Like

Re: GRAPHIC CONTENT WARNING: Horror As Men Are Beheaded In Front Of Children by chukxie(m): 1:51pm On Sep 14, 2013
These people are sub- humans !
Re: GRAPHIC CONTENT WARNING: Horror As Men Are Beheaded In Front Of Children by Les: 1:56pm On Sep 14, 2013
diarra94: I HOPE SOME PEOPLE ON NL WILL NOW UNDERSTAND THAT islam ARE JUST MERELY ANIMALS THAT HAVE EVOLVED BUT THOSE ANIMALISTIC TENDENCIES ARE PRETTY MUCH STILL THERE. LOOK AT THE STUPID ARAB HYPOCRITES WITH THEIR LONG BEARDS, WELL WE WILL SEE EVENTUALLY WHERE ALL THIS RELIGIOUSNESS WILL LEAD HUMANS TO.
corrected
Re: GRAPHIC CONTENT WARNING: Horror As Men Are Beheaded In Front Of Children by Nobody: 6:18am On Sep 16, 2013
Re: GRAPHIC CONTENT WARNING: Horror As Men Are Beheaded In Front Of Children by delishpot: 3:57pm On Sep 16, 2013
This is how nigeria will be when "they" take over and become the dominant sect in the country.

(1) (Reply)

Confession Of A Father & Why He Slept With 11-year-old Daughter / Boy Burns Himself To Death After Dad Asked Him To Quit TV Games / Father Used His Son For Ritual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.