Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,727 members, 7,824,061 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. (56619 Views)

Please Sign This Petition To Increase Nigeria's Minimum Wage. / MINIMUM WAGE: Oshiomhole Disowns Govs, Backs Workers / How Long It Takes To Earn USA Minimum Wage Around The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by ozoemeka(m): 6:02am On Sep 17, 2013
Independency starts at 18? Stop fooling yourself with that and learn to type.

at 18, you become 'responsible for your actions' meaning you can get tried as an adult in court and you have the right to sign your driver's license, do what you want without an 'adult'. you are considered an adult at 18. This doesn't mean 18 year olds have houses and cars. some people live with parents when things are rough for their finances.

ighoosagie: who said life is less expensive in nija?
1.cars n their life span
2.food, (u can get a full chicken as low as $5)
3.Electronics,
4.Computers $ tablets
5.Phones,
6 clothes (original nt ABA)
All these listed above re basic needs n they re cheaper in USA .

Mayb electricity bills is lesser in nija becos, electricity comes once in 2weeks grin

U claim life is better or cheaper in nija , yet at 40 most nija still live wit parents, meanwhile independency begins at 18 in USA.

Pls ogas at d top stop d comparing n U guys should stop saying wat u don't know

1 Like

Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by Nobody: 6:03am On Sep 17, 2013
manny4life:

Lol @ in love with sagamite, who gives a shitt? Your opinion is irrelevant, don't matter at all. Haha, imagine this refurbished person asking me to relax, is this coming from persistent troll who's been stalking me from thread to thread, replying every single post even after I asked him to stop, and I ignored you several times thinking you will heed my advice but instead, it fell on deaf ears. Now you're asking me to relax.. You're are sick and mentally deluded, seek help FAST. Why do you care what words I use? If you don't like it, go hang, yet go stand on the highway... Cretin.
Whoa! Is everything ok? U really need to like call a friend or family member, or crack a beer open or something...u need to like relax...cus ur kinda coming off as crazy.
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by ozoemeka(m): 6:05am On Sep 17, 2013
you still use "aii" you must be a super fob

Godogwu:

I'm studying mechanical engineering and its offered in Nigeria but it was my father's idea of me schooling here, so here i am. The minimum wage has everything to do with the rent (cost of living), if the cost of living is very low then the salary won't matter and if the the cost of living is very high then the minimum wage would be next to useless yes?

Now i never told you its hard for me to survive here, I was just doing a comparison with Nigeria and the Us on rent and accommodation. Like I've said earlier the Us has arguably the best educational system and Uni's in the world and my parents can afford it so i'm here to make the best use of the opportunity. Oh and you probably got me mixed up with one of those desperate Nigerians who want to leave the shores of the country by all means...Nahh G i'm not about that life. I came here cause i wanted aii.

Finally there are unemployed and underpaid grads in every part of the world.... A cab driver who dropped me off from the airport recently is an economists but there are no jobs and he has to feed his family so he resorted to cab driving. His case is definitely one out of many.
Finally I don't care if the US is better than Nigeria (Its a bloody first world country gaddammit!), I am Nigerian and I could careless how great the US is. What Nigerians should do is look for ways of building our country, changing perspectives, electing better leaders, challenging corruption and so on rather than adore and worship the US at every given instance.
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by ozoemeka(m): 6:10am On Sep 17, 2013
It is illegal, thus this law applies to only LEGAL citizens.

Immigrate to America and get paid under minimum wage and see who listens to you

adconline:
Uninformed and blind assertion. It's illegal to be paid less than the minimum wage in the USr , unless u work in restaurant industry where u make up with tips and gratuities. While the 18K benchmark does not apply to states and private sector in Naija . Aboki gatemen are paid N5K-N10k in a month by their employers.
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by Omooba77: 7:09am On Sep 17, 2013
ozo_emeka: It is illegal, thus this law applies to only LEGAL citizens.

When you have papers, if you dont have papers, you can even earn lik $3. I hve been there so I know what I'm saying........God bless Nigeria. I stayed in an apartment where what I paid is far far than what obtains in Nigeria, though life is good over there.
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by Jeezy: 8:26am On Sep 17, 2013
I just figured that i make N14,000 a day in Naija. Yet i STILL wanna quit my job to and school in the US undecided
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by adconline(m): 9:29am On Sep 17, 2013
ozo_emeka: It is illegal, thus this law applies to only LEGAL citizens.

Compare America's worst eg fast food worker to those in Naija's worst- Aboki Gate guards, who get paid between 5-10k/month
This argument should not have started if Nigerians are really honest. We should be comparing Naija to Venezuela=N63K/mnth or Saudi $800/month

1 Like

Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by Pasca07: 10:16am On Sep 17, 2013
Adconline dont mind dis fools let them come back to naija and start receiving 18000 naira per motnh hmmmm they will see mother suffering
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by Omooba77: 10:56am On Sep 17, 2013
Jeezy: I just figured that i make N14,000 a day in Naija. Yet i STILL wanna quit my job to and school in the US undecided
Weigh your options;if you can get study leave with/without pay, it will be good for you and you are still single, so that you will not be struggling to keep a family that you need to provide for. I believe with 400k in Nigeria you are still very ok as long as you are frugal.
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by debbleopto: 12:48pm On Sep 17, 2013
manny4life:

You never get tired of stalking me abi? Oya go find a dingaling and sit on it, after which you can choke on it... Fooolll

Yes, I'm moving back to Africa, Nigeria and my lovely Nnewi soon while you stay in your NY and be the slave you are. Even slave sef get level, your own level is the bottom of the bottom...No redemption for you at all, this is why I pity you. Shiooor, yeye dey smell... Abegi,

just go jeje to nnewi. If you come to Lagos peren, che che che u will be deported to the river in nnewi within 10 minutes. Lagos need good thinking products

1 Like

Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by debbleopto: 1:50pm On Sep 17, 2013
akwunomy: Why are you guys stressing yourselves on minimum wages....When you hear minimum wages...that does not mean that most Nigerians are living with minimum wages. Some are making 13-17 dollar per hour...some are doing other business in Nigeria while making the minimum wage. I have been here in California for two years and i can assure you that there are ways to survive better than the minimum wage. It depends on your planning and your status here. It is not always rossy here as many people are here without job...but still, they are living better than most guys who have so called jobs that you make 18000 naira every month. Why you guys struggle to live 60 years in Naija...people here can live up to 100 years. So we make the mistake of thinking about money...money and money in Naija but do not care about the quality of live. How time do you guys undertake regular doctor visit in a year...you only see a doctor when malaria and typhoid don't kill you finish. How many of you have a regular dental visit every year...Do you know the risk you run by not figuring your dental health....the list goes on and on...that i won't want to go on to shed the miserable life that you guys are living in Naija and are proud of it. so don't just think about the money we are making here but think about the underlying benefits of living here. No matter how bad...the truth is still...we are better off here than in Nigeria.

That is why many of them go juju way after years of frustrations. They get visa to OKIJA SHRINE and spend their money at clubs and girls later die at 35 year old. What a slavery life. One Guy in anambra even put the juju shrine in his bedroom and makes serious money but the repercussion may be unfathomable.
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by debbleopto: 1:55pm On Sep 17, 2013
Godogwu:

This is what you guys never want to understand. What the hell do you mean 5-10% earn N200,000...are you even alright? so all the bankers, accountants, doctors, ceos', engineers, traders, economists are just 5 percent of the population?...common man!, you can do better.

someone who makes $100,000 in Nigeria lives way better than the person who earns $200,000 in the US. With a 100grand in Nigeria every year, you could live in the best areas in the city, drive a german car from that year and ball every saturday if you choose. Housing most especially is way cheaper in Nigeria in comparison to the US. You can even hire a maid, gateman, driver etc. There's no doubt a person earning $200,000 in any part of the world isn't living badly atall but I can categorically tell you that the person earning $100,000 in Nigeria lives a way more comfortable life. well comfortable is subjective but you probably get my point.
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 17, 2013
ozo_emeka: you still use "aii" you must be a super fob

Lmaoooo Heavy one!
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by debbleopto: 2:02pm On Sep 17, 2013
Godogwu:

This is what you guys never want to understand. What the hell do you mean 5-10% earn N200,000...are you even alright? so all the bankers, accountants, doctors, ceos', engineers, traders, economists are just 5 percent of the population?...common man!, you can do better.

someone who makes $100,000 in Nigeria lives way better than the person who earns $200,000 in the US. With a 100grand in Nigeria every year, you could live in the best areas in the city, drive a german car from that year and ball every saturday if you choose. Housing most especially is way cheaper in Nigeria in comparison to the US. You can even hire a maid, gateman, driver etc. There's no doubt a person earning $200,000 in any part of the world isn't living badly atall but I can categorically tell you that the person earning $100,000 in Nigeria lives a way more comfortable life. well comfortable is subjective but you probably get my point.

unbelievable lying. So you enjoy pumping water, generating electricity, securing yourself. with that money. That's why you don't have rest of mind and Mr GODOGODO HAVE YOU NOT READ THAT THOUSAND RICH MEN GO INDIA FOR TREATMENT AND SPEND MUCH OF THEIR MONEY THERE. SOME EVEN DIED THERE AFTER SPENDING ALMOST THEIR WEALTH.

1 Like

Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by Godogwu: 3:37pm On Sep 17, 2013
ozo_emeka: you still use "aii" you must be a super fob

Aii G.
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by Godogwu: 3:44pm On Sep 17, 2013
debbleopto:

unbelievable lying. So you enjoy pumping water, generating electricity, securing yourself. with that money. That's why you don't have rest of mind and Mr GODOGODO HAVE YOU NOT READ THAT THOUSAND RICH MEN GO INDIA FOR TREATMENT AND SPEND MUCH OF THEIR MONEY THERE. SOME EVEN DIED THERE AFTER SPENDING ALMOST THEIR WEALTH.

Yes, yes i enjoy pumping my own water and generating my own electricity until the government fixes all that. Come to think of it, i'll still prefer to pump my own water and not pay ridiculous water bills to the government. I can run my Generator for 30-40mins (thats if there's no power at that point) and have water for 2-3 days so what the heck?...i'm good. I don't care if a thousand rich men go to india for treatment, thats totally their business. Nigeria is still developing and we'll definitely come to a point where the need to travel abroad for treatment would be obscure.

I really don't get what you're point, should we all leave Nigeria because its not as developed as the first world countries?
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 17, 2013
Godogwu:

Yes, yes i enjoy pumping my own water and generating my own electricity until the government fixes all that. Come to think of it, i'll still prefer to pump my own water and not pay ridiculous water bills to the government. I can run my Generator for 30-40mins (thats if there's no power at that point) and have water for 2-3 days so what the heck?...i'm good. I don't care if a thousand rich men go to india for treatment, thats totally their business. Nigeria is still developing and we'll definitely come to a point where the need to travel abroad for treatment would be obscure.

I really don't get what you're point, should we all leave Nigeria because its not as developed as the first world countries?
This dude sharrrap if u don't have a good retort, no be by force to post. Look at u all over the place like rastafarian dreads, answering to everything but his point.
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by Godogwu: 7:46pm On Sep 17, 2013
kingoflag: This dude sharrrap if u don't have a good retort, no be by force to post. Look at u all over the place like rastafarian dreads, answering to everything but his point.

Get out of my hair man, i'm done educating you...you really have alot of issues you need to deal with. When you let go of all your sentiments, hate for my country and probably sort out your issues then we can have a discussion, till then....cheers!
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by manny4life(m): 8:58pm On Sep 17, 2013
debbleopto:

just go jeje to nnewi. If you come to Lagos peren, che che che u will be deported to the river in nnewi within 10 minutes. Lagos need good thinking products

Ahh, na so the thing pain you so? Chai, get help.

Don't hate the player, hate the game. Nnewi is an upcoming industrious city, very PROUD of it, I have said it a million times, I DON'T NEED LAGOS. With Enugu airlines operating flights to several destinations, don't worry, I won't be stopping at your Lagos. Lagos need thinking products, Anambra need PRODUCTIVE minds. grin grin grin grin
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by manny4life(m): 9:01pm On Sep 17, 2013
kingoflag: Whoa! Is everything ok? U really need to like call a friend or family member, or crack a beer open or something...u need to like relax...cus ur kinda coming off as crazy.

Hehe, cheesy cheesy cheesy I'm coming off crazy, enough to consume you, at least I'm not psychologically retarded. Now go choke on something, I'm done with you because you don't matter.
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by ozoemeka(m): 11:50pm On Sep 17, 2013
America's worst is NOT a fast food worker. There are lawn mowers, mexican workers who work for little to $.50-$1 per hour depending on where and who is hiring them.
adconline:
Compare America's worst eg fast food worker to those in Naija's worst- Aboki Gate guards, who get paid between 5-10k/month
This argument should not have started if Nigerians are really honest. We should be comparing Naija to Venezuela=N63K/mnth or Saudi $800/month
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by ozoemeka(m): 11:53pm On Sep 17, 2013
I was born and I LIVE HERE, and I AM HERE NOW in my own apartment at 21.

Your key word here is you CAN not you WILL. Without papers some people earn money, the downside is once you get caught it's straight to a plane and down to your village.
Omooba77:
When you have papers, if you dont have papers, you can even earn lik $3. I hve been there so I know what I'm saying........God bless Nigeria. I stayed in an apartment where what I paid is far far than what obtains in Nigeria, though life is good over there.
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by ozoemeka(m): 11:58pm On Sep 17, 2013
It is that poverty mentality and reasoning that "it is better on the other side" . Till you get to the other side and realize you were way better off in your country. You make about $10-$12 /hour which is Admin http://www.forbes.com/sites/larissafaw/2012/02/01/college-degree-10-hour-job/
[size=15pt]FACT: the JANITOR in my school is from Cameroon. In Cameroon he was (I saw his certificate, etc) a top marine worker and earned ENOUGH TO OWN A HOUSE and lived "large" ..of course like most Africans, he played the lottery got a VISA and QUIT ALL HE HAD because he thought he would come to America and make more. MIND YOU HE CAME WITH An ALREADY ESTABLISHED VISA - SECURE PAPERS EVERYTHING LEGAL GUARANTEED......YET he is the janitor aka dustbin guy (not the "chief" dustbin guy, not even a senior one) in my school and GUESS who else works there : mexicans etc (foreigners). And the americans (about 2 of them) who work with him pile up all the work on him. America is GOOD to come to IF you ALREADY HAVE A JOB WAITING FOR YOU, else Visit and GO BACK TO WHAT YOU HAVE.
[/size]

Jeezy: I just figured that i make N14,000 a day in Naija. Yet i STILL wanna quit my job to and school in the US undecided
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by adconline(m): 12:04am On Sep 18, 2013
ozo_emeka: America's worst is NOT a fast food worker. There are lawn mowers, mexican workers who work for little to $.50-$1 per hour depending on where and who is hiring them.
You lack logical reasoning.Naija vs America not illegal immigrants. Aboki gateman is not an illegal alien in Naija.Illegal Mexican lawn mowers don't make that low wage in the US. Tell me how much Nigerien beggars in Naija make?
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by ozoemeka(m): 12:30am On Sep 18, 2013
You read my sgnature and want to use it in a sentence? Nice. FYI beggar in nigeria is NOT equal to lawn mower in America. There are street beggars.. Ever heard of the word HOBO? Google it. My point is Nigeria should NEVER have been compared to America in the first place, however if op and you want to , then let's compare EQUALLY.

adconline:
You lack logical reasoning.Naija vs America not illegal immigrants. Aboki gateman is not an illegal alien in Naija.Illegal Mexican lawn mowers don't make that low wage in the US. Tell me how much Nigerien beggars in Naija make?
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by ozoemeka(m): 12:31am On Sep 18, 2013
angry undecided

Godogwu:

Aii G.
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 18, 2013
please text me your contact (mail or number). im interested.

mayten30: hahaha are you serious?you do not know what u are saying?300k is not up to 3000 dollars,go to betfair.com when you get there let me know and u will see how you can earn even 3000 dollars or more easily,I will even teach u for free..
Next time try to find out how someone is becoming successful in a business before talking rubbish,na people like you go always assume say anybody wey don dey rich for naija na fraudster of him do ritual money,smh
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by adconline(m): 10:22am On Sep 19, 2013
ozo_emeka: You read my sgnature and want to use it in a sentence? Nice. FYI beggar in nigeria is NOT equal to lawn mower in America. There are street beggars.. Ever heard of the word HOBO? Google it. My point is Nigeria should NEVER have been compared to America in the first place, however if op and you want to , then let's compare EQUALLY.

I knew u would not get it in ur reasoning! How much do illegal immigrants from Niger republic, most of whom are beggars, earn in Naija?
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by Nobody: 5:16am On Sep 20, 2013
manny4life:

Hehe, cheesy cheesy cheesy I'm coming off crazy, enough to consume you, at least I'm not psychologically retarded. Now go choke on something, I'm done with you because you don't matter.
Someone explain to me what this fa*ggot is trying to say?
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by larger20(m): 5:39pm On Oct 06, 2013
rusher14:
Well People need to realize this comparison though somewhat unfair relates to the minimum.

A man on minimum wage in the USA lives waaaaaaaaaay (for emphasis) better than a man on minimum wage in Nigeria.

No question about it.

Well then it is no longer an issue or minimum wage if it comes to that...It becomes governance issue.
Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by pibuddy(m): 12:10pm On Aug 17, 2017
Yeah! Yeah!! Yeah!!! Eyoo Nairalanders! Am back again?:p8-) undecided
Godogwu:

Get out of my hair man, i'm done educating you...you really have alot of issues you need to deal with. When you let go of all your sentiments, hate for my country and probably sort out your issues then we can have a discussion, till then....cheers!
ozoemeka:

adconline:

I knew u would not get it in ur reasoning! How much do illegal immigrants from Niger republic, most of whom are beggars, earn in Naija?
ozoemeka:

Re: USA Minimum Wage Vs Nigeria Minimum Wage. by pibuddy(m): 12:25pm On Aug 17, 2017
pibuddy:
Yeah! Yeah!! Yeah!!! Eyoo Nairalanders! Am back again!:p8-) undecided
Aham bu Ogbonna Franklin (Chinedu wonuta)8-)smiley:*. I reside in PHC. Abum nwa Amaogudu Okpanku, Aninri L.G.A. Enugu. Nairalanders mma mmanuooo!:p:/8-)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Oil Price Collapses To $11 Per Barrel Amid Covid-19 Pandemic / Buhari Arrives Nigeria after 6 day trip to the UK(photos) / Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.