Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:18 AM

Please Help Mi Scrutinise This Cv - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Help Mi Scrutinise This Cv (806 Views)

How Do I Write This CV? / Yay!! Push Cv Just Congratulated Me!!! / Please What Is Wrong With This Cv? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Mi Scrutinise This Cv by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 14, 2013
A

Re: Please Help Mi Scrutinise This Cv by deenee: 11:39am On Sep 15, 2013
Hello,

Your career objective is rather long and unwinding. It will certainly bore the recruiter at first instance. Since you are still a graduate trainee, I will suggest that you coin a career objective that will present you as one who is willing and ready to learn and grow. Employers have a bias for applicants who they feel will readily buy into their organization.

You have left out your grade in school why is this so? Ideally you educational experience should come first since you don't have extant or specialized experience.

You should focus more on the achievements at via your job experiences rather than just stating your daily responsibilities.

There is no need to include your state or origin, nationality, gender unless there is an explicit instruction to do so by an employer.

The section where you have mentioned your skill sets is not properly structured. Skill sets should include your computer skills (citing specific acquisitions if any), proficiency in the use of other application packages, soft skill sets like leadership, communication, problem solving and team building and as backed up with the achievements on the job.

Also, I will suggest that you don't include the names of your referees and "make them available on request" unless of course there is a request to do so by a potential employer.

Overall an average resume but there is still room for improvement.

One more thing, try as much as possible to keep all the info in one page max.
All the best!

1 Like

Re: Please Help Mi Scrutinise This Cv by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 15, 2013
Thanks a lot, noted

(1) (Reply)

How To Overcome Shyness And Develop Your Courage / 26 Year Old Female Nigerian Murdered In Columbus / AM 22yrs Old, And This Is The Perfect Advice @22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.