Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,331 members, 7,819,137 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Do You Think That Phyno Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Do You Think That Phyno Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? (2244 Views)

Which Rapper In Nigeria Is Better Than Sarkodie? / Fastest Rapper in The World / Who Is The Hottest Female Rapper In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think That Phyno Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by JMOI: 11:12pm On Sep 14, 2013
Listening to Man of the Year (Obago) reminds of TuPac. I think he's the most talented rapper in Nigeria. The way he combines swagg and street cred is a beauty to behold. If you ask me, I'll place him above the likes of MI, Olamide and Ice Prince (who can't even freestyle) and gladly declare him the best rapper in Nigeria.
Re: Do You Think That Phyno Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by ajasa4link: 11:37pm On Sep 14, 2013
u ever heard of vector the viper before?
Re: Do You Think That Phyno Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by JMOI: 11:47pm On Sep 14, 2013
ajasa4link: u ever heard of vector the viper before?
Vector mimics JayZ, he is not original and cannot be considered to be the best.
Re: Do You Think That Phyno Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by ajasa4link: 12:15am On Sep 15, 2013
JMOI: Vector mimics JayZ, he is not original and cannot be considered to be the best.
lol... mimic my a.ss... ur so called phyno can't stand him when it comes to dropping punchline and metaphor..... I've listened to almost all phyno's singles and I can tell u he's got Nothing on vector....u're only biased in ur judgement because he raps in igbo

1 Like

Re: Do You Think That Phyno Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by hisswagness: 12:31am On Sep 15, 2013
JMOI: Vector mimics JayZ, he is not original and cannot be considered to be the best.
wake up bro... Na u jst assume say e d mimic d guy. Vector is beta than him. N btw,we r all entitled 2 our diff opinions
Re: Do You Think That Phyno Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by Andyblaze: 1:37am On Sep 15, 2013
phyno z overrated...daz all

3 Likes

Re: Do You Think That Phyno Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by lalaboi(m): 7:55am On Sep 15, 2013
NO
Re: Do You Think That Phyno Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by kaze4blues(m): 12:13pm On Sep 15, 2013
Phyno is an over-rated local artiste.

Young6ix does it better than him anyday anytime.

Badoo is on a different higher level compared to phyno
Re: Do You Think That Phyno Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by JMOI: 1:50pm On Sep 15, 2013
ajasa4link: lol... mimic my a.ss... ur so called phyno can't stand him when it comes to dropping punchline and metaphor..... I've listened to almost all phyno's singles and I can tell u he's got Nothing on vector....u're only biased in ur judgement because he raps in igbo
You couldn't get the punchlines because you don't understand Igbo. Almost all his punchlines are in Igbo and they are some of the best I've heard in the world of rap.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think That Phyno Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by JMOI: 1:54pm On Sep 15, 2013
hisswagness:
wake up bro... Na u jst assume say e d mimic d guy. Vector is beta than him. N btw,we r all entitled 2 our diff opinions
Hahaha! How can you say that Vector da Vector is better than JayZ. It is an insult to compare them talk more of saying that Vector is better. What has he achieved so far? How many people know him outside of Southern Nigeria? I'm not hating though, before you people start calling me names.
Re: Do You Think That Phyno Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by JMOI: 2:04pm On Sep 15, 2013
kaze4blues: Phyno is an over-rated local artiste.

Young6ix does it better than him anyday anytime.

Badoo is on a different higher level compared to phyno
I like Olamide, he's cool, but after their collabo Phyno has grown in leaps and bounds while Olamide is busy releasing one mediocre track after another.
Re: Do You Think That Phyno Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by ajasa4link: 2:20pm On Sep 15, 2013
JMOI: I like Olamide, he's cool, but after their collabo Phyno has grown in leaps and bounds while Olamide is busy releasing one mediocre track after another.
u don't know what u are saying simple! after the ghost mode collabo,olamide released durosoke which was everywhere and still is,now give me one song released by phyno after the collabo that has been a hit like ghost mode or durosoke.... I don't know where u stay,but most people in Lagos don't even know phyno released obago,kush music or 48 after the collabo...u are just over-hyping phyno based on ur perception

1 Like

Re: Do You Think That Phyno Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by ajasa4link: 2:29pm On Sep 15, 2013
JMOI: You couldn't get the punchlines because you don't understand Igbo. Almost all his punchlines are in Igbo and they are some of the best I've heard in the world of rap.
if phyno's punchlines are one of the best u've ever listened to,then u haven't been doing much listening to other rappers. It still don't see why someone will think phyno is better than vector sha o....anyways it's just ur opinion sha,but if u want other people's opinion, then I will tell u phyno is over-rated by most igbo folks....the truth is u guys are awed and surprise that someone can really rap and throw punchline in igbo language, I know that kind of feeling but that doesn't necessarily make him the best, though he is good at what he does sha
Re: Do You Think That Phyno Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by JMOI: 3:27pm On Sep 15, 2013
ajasa4link: if phyno's punchlines are one of the best u've ever listened to,then u haven't been doing much listening to other rappers. It still don't see why someone will think phyno is better than vector sha o....anyways it's just ur opinion sha,but if u want other people's opinion, then I will tell u phyno is over-rated by most igbo folks....the truth is u guys are awed and surprise that someone can really rap and throw punchline in igbo language, I know that kind of feeling but that doesn't necessarily make him the best, though he is good at what he does sha
Chill... Just say that you don't understand Igbo and I'll translate the punchlines for you.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think That Phyno Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by ajasa4link: 3:43pm On Sep 15, 2013
JMOI: Chill... Just say that you don't understand Igbo and I'll translate the punchlines for you.
if we go by ur analogy,it also means u don't understand English too well to have thought vector is not so good to be considered one of the best. oops! perhaps am just here arguing with phyno's PR guy....I already told u,I understand this kind of feeling of thinking phyno is the best,yorubas had the same kind of feeling when dagrin came out. phyno is good,but not the best...not yet
Re: Do You Think That Phyno Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by hisswagness: 3:49pm On Sep 15, 2013
JMOI: Hahaha! How can you say that Vector da Vector is better than JayZ. It is an insult to compare them talk more of saying that Vector is better. What has he achieved so far? How many people know him outside of Southern Nigeria? I'm not hating though, before you people start calling me names.
Dint say vector is beta dan jay z...meant he's beta dan phyno...phenom is also beta dan dat phyno sef

1 Like

Re: Do You Think That Phyno Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by Owobobrown(m): 3:57pm On Sep 15, 2013
you this igbo guys are making me hate phyno, dont kill his career ooo
Re: Do You Think That Phyno Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by JMOI: 4:02pm On Sep 15, 2013
ajasa4link: if we go by ur analogy,it also means u don't understand English too well to have thought vector is not so good to be considered one of the best. oops! perhaps am just here arguing with phyno's PR guy....I already told u,I understand this kind of feeling of thinking phyno is the best,yorubas had the same kind of feeling when dagrin came out. phyno is good,but not the best...not yet
I'm not Phyno's PR guy, I like him cos he makes good music and I think he's one of the most talented rappers out there.
Re: Do You Think That Phyno Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by ajasa4link: 4:06pm On Sep 15, 2013
JMOI: Listening to Man of the Year (Obago) reminds of TuPac. I think he's the most talented rapper in Nigeria. The way he combines swagg and street cred is a beauty to behold. If you ask me, I'll place him above the likes of MI, Olamide and Ice Prince (who can't even freestyle) and gladly declare him the best rapper in Nigeria.
JMOI: I'm not Phyno's PR guy, I like him cos he makes good music and I think he's one of the most talented rappers out there.
Ok,if u say he is one of the most talented ,it's debatable but declaring him the best in ur initial post is a NO! NO! NO! for me
Re: Do You Think That Phyno Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by JMOI: 4:07pm On Sep 15, 2013
I think you all are hating on Phyno cos he's Igbo and not yoruba. Wake up guys. You guys always judge based on tribalism.
Re: Do You Think That Phyno Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by JMOI: 4:15pm On Sep 15, 2013
ajasa4link: Ok,if u say he is one of the most talented ,it's debatable but declaring him the best in ur initial post is a NO! NO! NO! for me
So who is the best? Olamide that keeps on releasing junk after junk all in a bid to remain relevant? Ice Prince that couldn't freestyle on a BBC program and disgraced himself by rapping from a piece of paper or Vector that wants to be like Jayz more than he wants to be among the best rappers in Nigeria or is it MI that has virtually gone on a sabbatical?
Re: Do You Think That Phyno Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by ajasa4link: 4:21pm On Sep 15, 2013
JMOI: I think you all are hating on Phyno cos he's Igbo and not yoruba. Wake up guys. You guys always judge based on tribalism.
why should we hate on him? u are the one clouded by illusions o...I've said it before and I will say it again,phyno is good in fact am one of his fans,but he's not just there yet. u only think phyno is the best because he raps in ur local dialect u feel the urge to promote one of ur own. If I was to be a tribalist,I will come up here and tell u olamide is the best rapper and keep refusing to listen to voice of reason that points out that he is not,but I never did that.
Re: Do You Think That Phyno Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by JMOI: 4:49pm On Sep 15, 2013
The only problem I think most of you guys are having is that you don't understand Igbo. Most of you listened to his tracks and judged him based on his English lyrics which are few and far between. Only guys that understand Igbo will tell you that there is power in his lyrics. And if you haven't watched the video yet (Man of the year) try and download it cos the concept Clarence Peters brought to it is awesome.
Re: Do You Think That Phyno Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by ajasa4link: 5:03pm On Sep 15, 2013
JMOI: The only problem I think most of you guys are having is that you don't understand Igbo. Most of you listened to his tracks and judged him based on his English lyrics which are few and far between. Only guys that understand Igbo will tell you that there is power in his lyrics. And if you haven't watched the video yet (Man of the year) try and download it cos the concept Clarence Peters brought to it is awesome.
Lol...I won't argue with u again,since u already backed down from ur claim that he is the best and now say he is of the talented artist out there... I already told u am a fan,so for d video, I downloaded it the very first day it was released online and I will say it's a cool video for a rap song and I think because he shot the video in the east thereby identifying with his roots is also one of the reasons u are hyping him....

1 Like

Re: Do You Think That Phyno Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by hisswagness: 5:21pm On Sep 15, 2013
JMOI: I think you all are hating on Phyno cos he's Igbo and not yoruba. Wake up guys. You guys always judge based on tribalism.
Guy nawa 2 u o...me I'm nt 4rm yoruba so how can u b talkin abt tribalism? U evn went as far as mentionin ice prince. Ur phyno no evn near ice prince o,n tell us d junk dat olamide releases...u r d tribalistic fellow here 4 evn suggestin pple r tribalistic...

1 Like

Re: Do You Think That Phyno Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by JMOI: 7:28pm On Sep 15, 2013
ajasa4link: Lol...I won't argue with u again,since u already backed down from ur claim that he is the best and now say he is of the talented artist out there... I already told u am a fan,so for d video, I downloaded it the very first day it was released online and I will say it's a cool video for a rap song and I think because he shot the video in the east thereby identifying with his roots is also one of the reasons u are hyping him....
I agree that he may not be the best, but he's defo very good at what he does.
Re: Do You Think That Phyno Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by oluamid(m): 11:07pm On Sep 15, 2013
You guys need to know the OP is only trying to draw you out. I think he cherishes the Yoruba/Igbo tingy. Check out his other thread and you'll know.
Re: Do You Think That Phyno Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by Abagworo(m): 5:26am On Sep 16, 2013
At the moment my top African rapper is Sarkodie while my all time is HHP. In Naija I give it to Phyno. He's definitely the man of the year. Olamide has a problem which I've failed to understand. As at last year and earlier this year I rated him above Sarkodie but he's fallen off. Ice Prince is our top rapper internationally and should be commended. Not all rappers are good at freestyling.

There are many rappers better than Phyno, Olamide etc but I only mentioned the ones that have gained commercial success.
Re: Do You Think That Phyno Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by JMOI: 8:30am On Sep 16, 2013
Abagworo: At the moment my top African rapper is Sarkodie while my all time is HHP. In Naija I give it to Phyno. He's definitely the man of the year. Olamide has a problem which I've failed to understand. As at last year and earlier this year I rated him above Sarkodie but he's fallen off. Ice Prince is our top rapper internationally and should be commended. Not all rappers are good at freestyling.

There are many rappers better than Phyno, Olamide etc but I only mentioned the ones that have gained commercial success.
That's exactly what I'm saying.
Re: Do You Think That Phyno Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by Peterwizzy: 2:32pm On Sep 16, 2013
Re: Do You Think That Phyno Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by eggheaders(m): 11:39pm On Sep 16, 2013
Who the hell is phybo or what the fvck y'all call him. Modo will murder is grandpa on a 32 bit bar punchlines and wordplay that will send him to the stone age.

(1) (Reply)

Naija Rappers And Musicians I Dislike / #dakkada Akwa Ibom Theme Song (Akwa Ibom 28th Anniversary Song) / Cardi B Fought With Nicki Minaj. Went Home With A Swollen Head (video/photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.