Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Engine Mount. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Engine Mount. (3239 Views)

Honda Accord 2005 Engine Mount(seat) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engine Mount. by teeebest(m): 7:39am On Sep 15, 2013
Hi all,please what is the cost of Honda accord 1999 engine sit?both new and tokunbo.please help before my Mechanic sulks me dry. Thanks
Re: Engine Mount. by Ikenna351(m): 10:38am On Sep 15, 2013
Name is Engine Mount. I have corrected the title.

Ikenna.
Re: Engine Mount. by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 15, 2013
teeebest: Hi all,please what is the cost of Honda accord 1999 engine sit?both new and tokunbo.please help before my Mechanic sulks me dry. Thanks

Would it hurt you to state the engine size?
Re: Engine Mount. by teeebest(m): 6:56pm On Sep 15, 2013
@Ikenna: thanks 4 the correction
@ Sienna: Sorry I didn't drop much information. I'm not really a pro when it comes to cars.I use Honda Accord 1999,2.3L 4 - cylinder engine,auto transmission. My front tires were stucked in the sand due to road construction around my area.I couldn't drive forward or backward.the car was pushed and I was able to get out.immediately I got on the mainroad,I noticed the car was vibrating seriously as if the dashboard wants to fall off.if I'm driving,there's no vibration but once I step on the brake or I'm in traffic,the serious vibration continues.My Mechanic checked and said the 'engine mount' has been damaged that it needs to be replaced.he suggested getting a 'tokunbo' instead of a new engine mount.said the tokunbo has more oil.so is the problem really the engine mount? If it is,how much is the new one and the tokunbo too.the price he gave me was ridiculous.thanks
Re: Engine Mount. by MSItachi: 6:26am On Sep 16, 2013
teeebest: @Ikenna: thanks 4 the correction
@ Sienna: Sorry I didn't drop much information. I'm not really a pro when it comes to cars.I use Honda Accord 1999,2.3L 4 - cylinder engine,auto transmission. My front tires were stucked in the sand due to road construction around my area.I couldn't drive forward or backward.the car was pushed and I was able to get out.immediately I got on the mainroad,I noticed the car was vibrating seriously as if the dashboard wants to fall off.if I'm driving,there's no vibration but once I step on the brake or I'm in traffic,the serious vibration continues.My Mechanic checked and said the 'engine mount' has been damaged that it needs to be replaced.he suggested getting a 'tokunbo' instead of a new engine mount.said the tokunbo has more oil.so is the problem really the engine mount? If it is,how much is the new one and the tokunbo too.the price he gave me was ridiculous.thanks

How much did he bill you
Re: Engine Mount. by teeebest(m): 8:04am On Sep 16, 2013
MSItachi:

How much did he bill you

Tokunbo 12k, new engine mount 10k
Re: Engine Mount. by MSItachi: 8:27am On Sep 16, 2013
In abuja. Tokunbo for EOD is 12k new 6k. My mechanic advised for new even though he said tokunbo is better. The only is issue is that the tokunbo sometimes may be a bad one and would have been carefully "repaired" and you won't know u are buying a bad mount. Until its too late
Re: Engine Mount. by elektra80: 9:38pm On Sep 16, 2013
You do realize there are about 4 engine mounts for that car and their costs vary. The cost of the front one is not the same as the side ones, so u have to be specific.
Re: Engine Mount. by MSItachi: 1:17am On Sep 17, 2013
elektra80: You do realize there are about 4 engine mounts for that car and their costs vary. The cost of the front one is not the same as the side ones, so u have to be specific.

The price I gave is for the front one. Mine has 5 mounts.
Re: Engine Mount. by teeebest(m): 9:08am On Sep 17, 2013
Thanks all.its the back mount.I got it @ 4k in owode-onirin and it has been fixed.really appreciate all the response.God bless you all.
Re: Engine Mount. by justmide(f): 11:45am On Sep 19, 2018
I'm in your situation now.... EPP!

(1) (Reply)

What Decent Car Can I Get For 2-2.5m? / Do I Realy Need To Change The Brain Box? / 1999 Babyboy Overheating And Consuming Fuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.