Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Oil Routine Change As Declared On The Dealership Manual - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Oil Routine Change As Declared On The Dealership Manual (2156 Views)

Great And Affordable Car Dealership Deals In Nigeria... / 5 Car Pricing Mistakes To Avoid In Car Dealership / Porsche Fan Crashed N49m Cayenne Into Dealership After Not Getting Optional Xtra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oil Routine Change As Declared On The Dealership Manual by AutoManual: 4:46pm On Apr 05, 2023
It stated one year oil change whereas some people claim 6 months. After you reset the oil service. If the oil service doesn't show. Kindly change after one year.

Re: Oil Routine Change As Declared On The Dealership Manual by nurey(m): 6:08am On Apr 06, 2023
Use mobil XHp 20w50 oil for 6months let's see whether the J35 engine would survive grin
Re: Oil Routine Change As Declared On The Dealership Manual by AutoManual: 7:58am On Apr 06, 2023
nurey:
Use mobil XHp 20w50 oil for 6months let's see whether the J35 engine would survive grin
the previous owner use this car for 2 years. when i ask him of the oil he was using he said mobil Super. I ask me how much he said the last time he bought it was 11k.

And since I bought it I have been using it like that my mechanic check the oil there was no sluge and he said the oil is still ok I can use it for another one month even though the car is showing service -55. the car is now showing service -244.

I want to change the oil this week to be on the safe side. What do you think? Should I continue with the mobil super?
Re: Oil Routine Change As Declared On The Dealership Manual by nurey(m): 8:02am On Apr 06, 2023
AutoManual:
the previous owner use this car for 2 years. when i ask him of the oil he was using he said mobil Super. I ask me how much he said the last time he bought it was 11k.

And since I bought it I have been using it like that my mechanic check the oil there was no sluge and he said the oil is still ok I can use it for another one month even though the car is showing service -55. the car is now showing service -244.

I want to change the oil this week to be on the safe side. What do you think? Should I continue with the mobil super?

I am not qualified to answer that, let's wait for the oil magnate representatives.
Re: Oil Routine Change As Declared On The Dealership Manual by AutoManual: 8:08am On Apr 06, 2023
nurey:

I am not qualified to answer that, let's wait for the oil magnate representatives.
I have searched Mobil super online and what showing is that mobil XHp 20w50. Is this correct?
Re: Oil Routine Change As Declared On The Dealership Manual by AutoManual: 8:55am On Apr 06, 2023
nurey:

lol. I just confirmed from the former owner and this is what he was using mobil XHp 20w50. Thanks anyway.

I don't know if to continue or use 5w 30.
Re: Oil Routine Change As Declared On The Dealership Manual by AutoManual: 9:28am On Apr 06, 2023
cc: gazzuzz, kingreign.

the former owner of my car was using mobil XHp 20w50 for 2 years. the mileages is 165k as its showing there.

the recommened oil from the manual is 5w 20.

should i use 5w 30 or continue with mobil XHp 20w50?
Re: Oil Routine Change As Declared On The Dealership Manual by emy77: 9:56am On Apr 06, 2023
Buy Mobil 2000, 5w30 and use. You will enjoy your car much better and don't forget to give us a review.

It's about 12k from Mobil filling station
Re: Oil Routine Change As Declared On The Dealership Manual by kingreign(m): 11:52am On Apr 06, 2023
AutoManual:
cc: gazzuzz, kingreign.

the former owner of my car was using mobil XHp 20w50 for 2 years. the mileages is 165k as its showing there.

the recommened oil from the manual is 5w 20.

should i use 5w 30 or continue with mobil XHp 20w50?
Continue with what the former owner used pls.
Re: Oil Routine Change As Declared On The Dealership Manual by AutoManual: 12:46pm On Apr 06, 2023
kingreign:

Continue with what the former owner used pls.
I already bought mobil super 2000 5w 30.

Waiting for my mechanic to do the change.

The reason I did the change was because the car use alot of fuel. I want to check if it would be better and improved fuel economy. If there are problems I might go back to what he was using.
Re: Oil Routine Change As Declared On The Dealership Manual by AutoManual: 12:53pm On Apr 06, 2023
emy77:
Buy Mobil 2000, 5w30 and use. You will enjoy your car much better and don't forget to give us a review.

It's about 12k from Mobil filling station
I bought it 13k mobil filling station. 5L
I observed the difference there myself.

The difference was too much. That one was thick and this one is light. I’m just a bit scared shall. If this one will not leak.
Re: Oil Routine Change As Declared On The Dealership Manual by vivalavida(m): 6:48pm On Apr 06, 2023
AutoManual:

Your car has an oil life timer which should be reset back to 100% after every oil change. This readings cannot be relied upon since you don't know how long ago the former owner really changed the oil. Best thing to do is to change that oil immediately after you bought the car. Then learn how to set the oil timer. If possible, use the oil weight recommended for your car. It is written on the oil cap and it is in your manual there. When you change the oil, reset your timer and drive. For honda, when the oil life gets to 15%, SERVICE DUE message starts appearing on your instrument cluster notification panel. When it gets to 5%, you will see the message SERVICE NOW. You should try to do your servicing then. When you continue to use it without changing the oil, the timer gets to 0 and starts reading in negative. That's why you are seeing the -244 and so there. And when it starts reading in the negative, your car ECU system cannot vouch for that oil in your engine again. Damage might happen because that oil has broken down very well.
Re: Oil Routine Change As Declared On The Dealership Manual by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:50pm On Apr 06, 2023
Looking like a kashimawo situation

5 Likes

Re: Oil Routine Change As Declared On The Dealership Manual by AutoManual: 8:05pm On Apr 06, 2023
vivalavida:

Your car has an oil life timer which should be reset back to 100% after every oil change. This readings cannot be relied upon since you don't know how long ago the former owner really changed the oil. Best thing to do is to change that oil immediately after you bought the car. Then learn how to set the oil timer. If possible, use the oil weight recommended for your car. It is written on the oil cap and it is in your manual there. When you change the oil, reset your timer and drive. For honda, when the oil life gets to 15%, SERVICE DUE message starts appearing on your instrument cluster notification panel. When it gets to 5%, you will see the message SERVICE NOW. You should try to do your servicing then. When you continue to use it without changing the oil, the timer gets to 0 and starts reading in negative. That's why you are seeing the -244 and so there. And when it starts reading in the negative, your car ECU system cannot vouch for that oil in your engine again. Damage might happen because that oil has broken down very well.
i change with mobil super 2000 5w 30. compare to what the previous owner was using mobil 1000 20w 50. Also I reset the timer and the trip. I will start monitoring it now especially fuel consumption.
Re: Oil Routine Change As Declared On The Dealership Manual by AutoManual: 9:34am On Apr 08, 2023
GAZZUZZ:
Looking like a kashimawo situation
please explain.
Re: Oil Routine Change As Declared On The Dealership Manual by 9icetoo(m): 3:04pm On Apr 08, 2023
AutoManual:
please explain.
T. Just booking space

Re: Oil Routine Change As Declared On The Dealership Manual by olumzzz(m): 4:08am On Apr 09, 2023
AutoManual:
please explain.
Keep voting, election might be annulled
Re: Oil Routine Change As Declared On The Dealership Manual by Smartguyboy(m): 1:58am On Apr 10, 2023
AutoManual:
It stated one year oil change whereas some people claim 6 months. After you reset the oil service. If the oil service doesn't show. Kindly change after one year.
Which car manual is this?
Re: Oil Routine Change As Declared On The Dealership Manual by AutoManual: 4:24pm On Apr 10, 2023
Smartguyboy:

Which car manual is this?
2007 honda accord
Re: Oil Routine Change As Declared On The Dealership Manual by Smartguyboy(m): 5:08pm On Apr 10, 2023
AutoManual:
2007 honda accord

So oil can stay up to a year ?
My car last month 23rd make it 6 months have I haven’t reach 1000 miles I don’t drive often or go long distance .
Re: Oil Routine Change As Declared On The Dealership Manual by AutoManual: 6:33pm On Apr 10, 2023
Smartguyboy:

So oil can stay up to a year ?
My car last month 23rd make it 6 months have I haven’t reach 1000 miles I don’t drive often or go long distance .
the only problem is we don't have original oil. That's the only problem
Re: Oil Routine Change As Declared On The Dealership Manual by Smartguyboy(m): 10:45pm On Apr 10, 2023
AutoManual:
the only problem is we don't have original oil. That's the only problem
This is the oil I am using

Re: Oil Routine Change As Declared On The Dealership Manual by AutoManual: 6:41am On Apr 12, 2023
Smartguyboy:

This is the oil I am using
how much is this one?
Re: Oil Routine Change As Declared On The Dealership Manual by Smartguyboy(m): 10:47am On Apr 12, 2023
AutoManual:
how much is this one?
Last time I bought either 15k or 16k can’t remember the receipt is in my car
Re: Oil Routine Change As Declared On The Dealership Manual by yesloaded: 2:41pm On Apr 15, 2023
Always use recommended oil for your car

You don't need to wait for 6months or 1yr before you change your engine oil infact you can change it within 2months of you travel a lot. Distance covered also count when it comes to oil change, not just numbers of month

Above all, using recommended oil & changing it before it's due will help the lifespan of your engine

Remember, cost of oil change is very compared to cost of engine replacement
Re: Oil Routine Change As Declared On The Dealership Manual by kunkelhanspeter(m): 2:05am On Apr 16, 2023
yesloaded:
Always use recommended oil for your car

You don't need to wait for 6months or 1yr before you change your engine oil infact you can change it within 2months of you travel a lot. Distance covered also count when it comes to oil change, not just numbers of month

Above all, using recommended oil & changing it before it's due will help the lifespan of your engine

Remember, cost of oil change is very compared to cost of engine replacement
What of if you don’t use the car often and your mileage is not up to 500 after 6 months ?

1 Like

Re: Oil Routine Change As Declared On The Dealership Manual by osato45: 7:22am On Apr 16, 2023
AutoManual:
2007 honda accord
is it a V6?
Re: Oil Routine Change As Declared On The Dealership Manual by osato45: 7:27am On Apr 16, 2023
AutoManual:
I already bought mobil super 2000 5w 30.

Waiting for my mechanic to do the change.

The reason I did the change was because the car use alot of fuel. I want to check if it would be better and improved fuel economy. If there are problems I might go back to what he was using.
is your check engine light on?
Re: Oil Routine Change As Declared On The Dealership Manual by AutoManual: 2:39pm On Apr 16, 2023
osato45:
is it a V6?
a v6
Re: Oil Routine Change As Declared On The Dealership Manual by AutoManual: 2:39pm On Apr 16, 2023
osato45:
is your check engine light on?
yes

Misfiring. But since we changed the plug that one has stop.

The latest one now is the coolant thermostat.
Re: Oil Routine Change As Declared On The Dealership Manual by osato45: 4:01pm On Apr 16, 2023
AutoManual:
a v6
mine is the 06 model and I get worse gas mileage. Full tank with or without Ac, I average between 170 to 200 miles. On Scotty kilmer youtube channel he said that the 2003 to 2013 v6 especially the accord model gets worse gas mileage as the car ages
Re: Oil Routine Change As Declared On The Dealership Manual by AutoManual: 4:32pm On Apr 16, 2023
osato45:
mine is the 06 model and I get worse gas mileage. Full tank with or without Ac, I average between 170 to 200 miles. On Scotty kilmer youtube channel he said that the 2003 to 2013 v6 especially the accord model gets worse gas mileage as the car ages
men nor be small thing oh. I suspect 170 to 200 mpg. From my calculations. You can keep records from my other thread.

If fuel price go up to 600 na serious problem oh. Car de chop money.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Useful Info About Toyota Camry 1997, 1998 And 1999 Model For A First Timer / 2003 BMW 745 Li Is Seeking A Brave Soul / Between A Lexus Rx 300(2003),ml 350 (2003) And An Acura Mdx(2006) Tokunbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.