Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,571 members, 7,816,403 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

IF ONLY SHE HAD STAYED - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / IF ONLY SHE HAD STAYED (1641 Views)

But Still I Stayed (flash Fiction) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IF ONLY SHE HAD STAYED by absalom11(m): 3:59pm On Sep 15, 2013
"Lucky! Lucky! " my mother called. "where are your sisters " she asked. "i don't know ma". Everywhere was tensed, rumours of the militants coming to the village spread like wide fire. Mothers running helter skelter looking for their children, Fathers weren't back from work. That day was a day i will never forget, it was like the smiling sun has allowed the sky shed tears. "Why are you less concerned and careless about your younger ones" my mom blamed me with tears rolling down her cheeks. I could read what was going through her mind; 'where do i search for my kids? '.
Fear gripped my heart when i saw Mrs. Osadebe(a woman who feared no one) running with her heels over her head. 'The Militants' was one of the most notorious cult in my suburb. The were rapist, thieves, kidnappers, and killers. They had just raided the neighbouring villages and headed for ours. They were blood thirsty. My mom's eyes were already soaked with tears, and red as coal. (Honestly, i felt for her, a woman who has struggled to see her children grow. She lost her husband, my father, in the last raid of the militants). She was so confused not knowing what to do. Immediately, she screamed at me saying: "Lucky, go inside and lot the door". That was when it was dawn on me that my sisters were truly missing.
.... To be continued.....

1 Like

Re: IF ONLY SHE HAD STAYED by johnwizey: 4:18pm On Sep 15, 2013
Nice story but if u want more fans, make sure U̶̲̥̅̊ update wella

1 Like

Re: IF ONLY SHE HAD STAYED by absalom11(m): 4:22pm On Sep 15, 2013
Thank you @john.. Although, it's not easy typing..
Re: IF ONLY SHE HAD STAYED by absalom11(m): 4:23pm On Sep 15, 2013
To continue from where i stopped :
I screamed back at her; "mama, maybe dem dey dem oyagun house. Abeg mama no go" Oyagun, was my little sisters male friend. With tears rolling down my cheeks, i pleaded with my mom to please stay with me. She locked me inside the house and ran to look for my sisters even though not where to go. "See what oyinbe and kiti has caused now" i said to myself in anger.
Just immediately after she left, something happened that made me wish she never left. "BOAWW" was the sound i heard. It sounded like a gunshot in our house. I fell on my knees immediately with my hands on my head like a person who is saying; PLEASE DONT KILL ME I SURRENDER. I had thought the militants had broken into our house. Fear took over me, on my knees i urinated in my trousers. I was scared to check what has just happened(asin the sound). "So this is how i am going to die" was the thought that dominated my mind. I wish my mom wasn't gone. Who knows what has happened to her and here am i like a lamb ready for slaughter.
"Why are you kneeling down uncle? " was the question i heard with a tiny voice. It was kiti. She had just fallen from the ceiling.
..... To be continued.....

1 Like

Re: IF ONLY SHE HAD STAYED by Daniel2802(m): 8:28pm On Sep 15, 2013
*****RESERVED*****
Re: IF ONLY SHE HAD STAYED by absalom11(m): 9:53pm On Sep 15, 2013
Daniel2802: *****RESERVED*****
Lol.. Tnks.. I will c wat i can update soon
Re: IF ONLY SHE HAD STAYED by johnwizey: 11:38pm On Sep 15, 2013
Kip it up
Re: IF ONLY SHE HAD STAYED by absalom11(m): 12:14am On Sep 16, 2013
Thanks sir
Re: IF ONLY SHE HAD STAYED by absalom11(m): 12:15am On Sep 16, 2013
Thanks sir @wizey
Re: IF ONLY SHE HAD STAYED by valdes00(m): 2:43am On Sep 16, 2013
***walks into thread***

Abeg mak una shift ooo....hen en dats gud

***space reserved***

2 Likes

Re: IF ONLY SHE HAD STAYED by absalom11(m): 2:55am On Sep 16, 2013
thnks
Re: IF ONLY SHE HAD STAYED by Daniel2802(m): 6:28pm On Sep 16, 2013
Am still here 4 u
Re: IF ONLY SHE HAD STAYED by absalom11(m): 10:59pm On Sep 16, 2013
tnks daniel
...i will post d continution later tommorow
Re: IF ONLY SHE HAD STAYED by absalom11(m): 11:41am On Sep 19, 2013
"where is oyinbe? " i asked. "she is in the ceiling too, she's scared to jump" kiti replied. I quickly climbed the ceiling and brought down my baby sister. There were dirts all over their bodies. They had climbed the ceiling using our father's ladder. Our dad had a ladder which he never borrowed to anyone. He claimed it was passed down by his forefathers.
I was deeply in thoughts about our mom, i never wanted anything to happen to her out their. She was all we have. As kids, we never knew much of a father's love. Our mom never remarried. "I need to search for mama" i told my sisters. At that moment, i could see fear in their eyes, they don't want anything to happen to me, they wanted me to stay with them just like i wanted the same from my mom. My sisters began to cry, i felt for them but what if our mother needed me at that very moment. "I will be back, and i will never let anything happen to you" I promised them(i meant my words but little did i know i will fail them)..
I hid my sisters in the ceiling and instructed them not to make a noise or scream or move or anything. After making sure that my sisters were well hidden, i jumped down and ran to the door. I opened it gently such that it won't make funny sounds. The Militants were blocks away from our house, i could see them. I was dead scarced but i couldn't resist finding our mom. I searched everywhere i looking for our mom,the militants were almost at our house and still yet i haven't found her.
I was very sure my little sisters were well hidden and safe but what i wasn't sure about was why the Militants were burning down some house. I initially thought they were burning the houses at random but i was very wrong. I was Surprised when i realised that; they burn down any house they find no occupants....
.... To be continued...
am sorry if there errors,i didnt recheck
Re: IF ONLY SHE HAD STAYED by Joanee(f): 12:11am On Sep 20, 2013
Following..
Re: IF ONLY SHE HAD STAYED by Daniel2802(m): 10:01am On Sep 20, 2013
Nice 1.
Re: IF ONLY SHE HAD STAYED by absalom11(m): 10:40pm On Sep 20, 2013
Thnks @daniel, joaned..
Thnks for d encouragemnt sirs
Re: IF ONLY SHE HAD STAYED by Daniel2802(m): 5:41pm On Sep 23, 2013
Increase your rate of updating if u want 2 attract viewers.
Re: IF ONLY SHE HAD STAYED by absalom11(m): 8:10am On Nov 13, 2013
"Ahhhhhh, I am a great fool, i am the worst brother that life can offer". I have made the greatest mistake ever. The Militants got to our house, broke our door inorder to get in(am in tears right now). They ransacked our house, searched everywhere looking for residents of the house but couldnt find anyone. The. Militant thought there was no one in the House, so they burnt it down with my sisters obediently still hidding in the ceiling. They never made any sound. My sisters were burnt to death right in my eyes. I stood speechless, confused. I couldnt save my sisters whom i promised never to let anything happen to. I fell on my knees with my hands on my head and wept. I wished i never gave them a promise i couldnt keep. I sat down with tears rolling down my cheeks and watched as the Militants stood and made sure that everything was burnt to ashes. I watched as the heartless beasts(The militants) went further to set our livestock on Fire but Something seemed odd about one of the Militants; His face was oblong, pointed noise, round mouth, dark in complexion, dark afro hair, slim in weight, He looked just like Titi, my younger sister. From a distance, i watched that particular militant. Geeez IT WAS MY DAD.
......to be continued.....
Re: IF ONLY SHE HAD STAYED by latrust(f): 10:57am On Nov 14, 2013
Following
Re: IF ONLY SHE HAD STAYED by absalom11(m): 9:41pm On Nov 14, 2013
Something seemed odd about one of the Militants; His face was oblong, pointed noise, round mouth, dark in complexion, dark afro hair, slim in weight, He looked just like Titi, my younger sister. From a distance, i watched that particular militant. Geeez IT WAS MY DAD.
"Was i to shout?", "should i scream?", "Should i run to daddy", Lots of thoughts flipped through my mind. The last time i saw my dad was at age 5. My dad was a sweet loving and kind man. He was the kind everykid wanted as a father until one day he fought with my mom and he left the house that night and never returned. My late little sisters didn't know much about him. My mom made us believed that he died during the last raid of The militants(which was a day after he left). I began to wonder what on earth could make my dad join this bunch of heartless cultists. My dad wasn't that of person OR maybe I don't know my dad too well.
I still maintained my position in shock. I hid myself carefully in the bush still deliberating if i should reveal myself since my dad was one of the Militants(I still had faith in him). After several minutes, our house was completely burnt down and the Militants were about leaving to The next house. I then decided to come out of my hiding place and reveal myself. Just as i was trying to find my way out of the bush, I overheard my dad saying something to the other militants. Immediately, I freezed with my mouth and eyes widely open at the same time.
.....To be continued.....

1 Like

Re: IF ONLY SHE HAD STAYED by Ademuyiwa59(m): 10:12pm On Dec 05, 2013
Why u come cease updating, I'm at ur side before, But if u refuse to update I will join the Militants in their quest to ruin everyth....

(1) (Reply)

Ajani Samuel & Type Work Online, Is It A Fraud? / Where Two Rivers Meet / [story] I Called It R.*.p.e (rated 18+)… Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.