Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Mazda Idle Issues - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mazda Idle Issues (1399 Views)

Is Your A/C Very Cool While Driving And Warm At Idle? / Help! 2008 Honda Accord Has High Idle @1500rpm / What Is An "Idle Relearn Procedure"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mazda Idle Issues by Jamesson: 8:32pm On Sep 15, 2013
Hello,i have mazda 626 99 model when the engine reaches operating temperature and ac turned on, it drags the idle below spec my mechanic has change the throutle body and iac valve but the problem is still there. Pls any help will be appreciated.
Re: Mazda Idle Issues by IdaraCHODB(m): 11:48pm On Sep 15, 2013
Scan the car and tell us the results.

Did you change with new or with belgium parts?
Re: Mazda Idle Issues by Jamesson: 10:08pm On Sep 16, 2013
Thanx my bro for your concern but i've tried scanning the ecu for about three consecutive times and the result is alway no response or connection failed pls is there anything i can do to correct the problem.thanks
Re: Mazda Idle Issues by Jamesson: 10:25pm On Sep 16, 2013
The part i changed was tokunbo,begium!
Re: Mazda Idle Issues by IdaraCHODB(m): 2:20pm On Sep 17, 2013
You have two options, replace both parts with new OEM and hope for the best OR get an electrician to fix the problem that causes the car not to respond to scans and thereafter scan and use the results to fix your problem

Where are you in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Mazda Idle Issues by Jamesson: 3:40pm On Sep 18, 2013
Thanx for your all the help,i'm sory for replying so late. It's wish to change the parts with new one but new mazda parts are rare to get here and so is a competent auto electrician,but if you know any i'll be willing to know,i live lagos in ojodu berger area, thanx!
Re: Mazda Idle Issues by LongeOmolaja(m): 4:35pm On Sep 18, 2013
why not drive down to ARS at Omole phase, Rev. Adubifa Street,Omole phase 2, and get the scan done. or call 08063208131
Re: Mazda Idle Issues by Jamesson: 5:04pm On Sep 18, 2013
I've called the number you gave me and we have a date tomorrow,pls what about where i can purchase new OEM!
Re: Mazda Idle Issues by IdaraCHODB(m): 6:55am On Sep 23, 2013
How did it go?
Re: Mazda Idle Issues by Jamesson: 12:01am On Sep 25, 2013
Nothing serious,scanning wasn't successful,they told me to come back,pls any ideas where i can buy new OEM in lagos?
Re: Mazda Idle Issues by bankole200(m): 9:16am On Sep 26, 2013
My bro, sorry 4 d stress. However try and change your airflow meter, spark plug wire cos it might not supply enough current to d coil. Make sure you buy its own make of airflow meter I.e cross check the no on urs with the one ure buying.

1 Like

Re: Mazda Idle Issues by bankole200(m): 9:25am On Sep 26, 2013
Don't stress urself scanning it cos u might not be able to achieve anytin. I had similar experience in d past. Wot I did was 2 change parts randomly until I change the airflow meter. It was after the second airflow meter I bought that I was able to rectify it. pls make sure you buy the corresponding airflow meter. I wish u all d best. Feel free to talk to me if u need further info. 08062227786.
Re: Mazda Idle Issues by domack99(m): 8:37pm On Sep 26, 2013
I own a mazda Millenia 2002 and I have witness lots of problem which I eventually resolved. Believe me Mazda are really strong cars, but trouble shooting their problem car be annoying sometimes.
As Bankole mentioned charging the air filter car possibly resolve the problem, other things you can also look at are servicing the injectors, check the engine seat, do the plug test and go online to know vehicle tune up.
Re: Mazda Idle Issues by IdaraCHODB(m): 9:05pm On Sep 26, 2013
I like the suggestion that you should replace your air flow meter(Nigeria Motor SPEAK) or (Mass Airflow Sensor [MAF] in foreign motor speak), am not saying that is the cause of your problem, but if its faulty it could cause weird things, and this is not a part that you should replace with tokunbo, it should be NEW!

Also clean or replace your EGR.

If you still need me to point you to someone, I will try to help but try out the suggestions and recommendations you have already received.

All the best!!

1 Like

Re: Mazda Idle Issues by IdaraCHODB(m): 9:20am On Sep 30, 2013
Jamesson: Hello,i have mazda 626 99 model when the engine reaches operating temperature and ac turned on, it drags the idle below spec my mechanic has change the throutle body and iac valve but the problem is still there. Pls any help will be appreciated.

is it a V6 or I4?
Re: Mazda Idle Issues by kenmaro: 10:19am On Oct 01, 2013
If you suspect that the MAF sensor is the culprit, then try cleaning it before replacing it outrightly. See this link on how to clean the MAF sensor; http://www.ehow.com/m/how_5901020_clean-maf-sensor.html
Goodluck!
Re: Mazda Idle Issues by Jamesson: 12:28pm On Oct 11, 2013
Thanx pal,i did the cleaning b/4 but there wasn't any result, though i use menthylatd spirit due to non availability of crc spray cleaner, i'm willing 2 swap de maf bt how 2 get a new one is the problem!
Re: Mazda Idle Issues by soladnet14: 3:28am On Oct 13, 2013
I have a Mazda 626 Wagon, this car always produce blue smoke every morning when i start it and will stop after a few minutes of driving. please what can i do; house help me.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Buy Tokunbo Car(eod 2003)-pls Advice. / Fuel Scarcity :water Powered Car (pictures) / Dashboard Lights And Their Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.