Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,523 members, 7,812,637 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

How To Win War Without Fighting- Arch Bishop Benson Idahosa - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Win War Without Fighting- Arch Bishop Benson Idahosa (4174 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos) / PMB Will Win War Against Corruption – Kumuyi / Benson Idahosa And Bishop David Oyedepo Pictured Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Win War Without Fighting- Arch Bishop Benson Idahosa by CityPastor: 8:39pm On Sep 15, 2013
This message will be a universal lesson for you, instead of just being an international lesson.

I am going to speak from four places in the Bible and the topic is “How to Win War without Fighting”

1 Samuel 17:50, “So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine and slew him, but there was no sword in the hand of David”

He slew Goliath, but there was no sword in his hand- so no police could charge him for murder. When the siren began to blow and they arrive and met Goliath on the floor, and they picked David up- “you killed someone” and they searched him, no sword, when they looked at Goliath’s side, there was a 7ft long sword, and David had nothing. So police says, “You are discharged and acquitted for want of evidence”.

But there was no sword in the hand of David, yet he slew!

Brothers and sisters, you can win without fighting- halleluiah!

Time will come when you will learn that the battle’s the Lord’s not by mouth but by action.

The reason many Christians have bruises and wounds is that they fight too much. I have been in war fronts for 33 years and 11 months, no bruise.

The reason is this: I win before I fight; I know exactly the day my enemy is going to die and in what hour. So I don’t live in anxiety or in anxiousness, I live in strength- halleluiah!

Many Christians that I know, all over the world want to be happy and be at peace but they don’t know how! They try and then the ministry of going to church became daily warfare. It’s true that we are at war, but God can win for you.

You can win without fighting, and you can win before you fight. How will it happen?

Let’s read 2 Thessalonians 3: 1-5, “Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord, may have free course and be glorified, even as it is with you: and that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men; for all men that have faith.

“But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil. And we have confidence in the Lord touching you that ye both do and will do the things which we command you”

Many, many, many years as a preacher I tried to run from the devil and I found that the more I ran from him, the closer he is to me. The more I tried not to let him come near me, the closer he was, until one day I read “Not you to run from the devil, but resist him and he will flee”

I took that for years and I said from now devil you cannot launch attack anymore, I will beat you Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, I will beat you every day. And the more I beat the devil, the more i had war to fight.

Listen to me, if I defeat him on Monday, I still fight him on Tuesday, if he comes on Wednesday I beat him, on Thursday he may give me a knock down, but I give him a knock out on Friday.

I began to win every day until one day I came to dis text: 2 Thessalonians 3:3, “God is faithful”.

I said in Benny Hinn’s Church when I saw half of the 7000 people in service who had come for healing. And I said, “How many of you believe that God is going to heal you?” and they all clapped and I said praise God, tonight God will not heal you.

And I asked, you know why? I am not going to allow Benny Hinn to pray, many were disillusioned. And I said turn to Psalm 107:20, that’s the reason he will not pray for you tonight and they reads:

“He sent His word, and his word healed and delivered them from all their enemies” so I said if the word cannot do it, Benny Hinn would be wasting his time.

No man can improve on Christ, no Christian, miracle worker, signs and wonder performer, dead raiser like me, can improve on Jesus- meaning? What Christ is not able to do, no man can help him.

You can go to all the prophets in the world, any prophet that does not refer you to God is a false prophet.

The first sign of knowing God’s elect is when the elect of God’s says, I am a servant under God. The first sign of knowing those whom God call is the one when you one to lie flat on the ground, he says, “Get up, I am like you, God is the boss,” that’s how ton know a man of God.

I wish men and women come to church to thank God for what He’s done, than to come for miracle every day.

Every time they say “sick, come out”- you run, Monday you run out, sick, Tuesday you come out, sick, when will you be well?

Every time you stand up- I was poor, the Lord bless me, next week, I was poor, and when are you going to be a man? Why is that it’s always you the enemy is against?

But when I read this scripture: 2 Thessalonians 3:3, “God is faithful, he will establish you, and keep you from all evil”- Halleluiah!

I believe that to be kept from evil is better than to be cured from sickness; sickness is evil, poverty is evil, shortage is evil, lack is not good, but God can keep you from it all- halleluiah!

I prefer to be well, I like to be well 365 days of the year than to be healed six months of the year, because every time you are seriously sick, the devil leaves a mark behind. Every time you are seriously injured, there’s a scar to remember, but when God turn your scar to star, then you start to jump and praise His name.

“The Lord is faithful; he shall keep you from evil, in your job from evil, in your marriage from evil, in your home from evil- halleluiah!

Listen to this:

2 Thessalonians 3:16 “Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means”

Peace of God by God himself, always by all means.

Say it to yourself- peace of God, by God himself, for me, always by all means.

God give you peace, always by himself, always, at any cost, whatever it will cost God, for you to have peace, always by all means. Always by means you will have peace!

If Goliath is to take peace from David, God will give David peace by all means, without a sword in his hand.

Listen to me: God himself, give you peace by himself, always by all means.

Let’s try the word “Always”- say it to yourself:

How many times in a year? - Always

How many times in a day? - Always

How many times in a week? - Always

How many times in a month? – Always

How many times per hour? - Always

Now let’s try the word “Peace”:

How many times in a week? - Always

How many times in a day? - Always

How many times in a month? – Always

How many times in a year? –Always

Who is going to give it to you? God, by whom? - By himself.

Jesus said, my peace I give to you, not as the world give.

My choir use to sing some songs before I stopped them from singing them… such as… “If you want joy, you must jump for it, if you want joy, you must jump for it…

I have to jump before I have joy? How am I going to jump when I have no joy? If jumping is going to give me joy, then a frog must win the first prize, because frog jumps everywhere.

God give you His peace by all means, always by Himself. It’s not the peace of once a month, it’s not the peace of when the choir sings and jump, Jesus says, it’s the peace of God that passes man’s understanding.

When you wake up and they say, the weather today is below 3, all roads closed, and you have an appointment- you say halleluiah! If you are asked why you are laughing, say, “God give me peace, always by all means”

You were going for interview for job, time- 9’0clock, for the interview, and by 7:30 there is snow all over the streets, and you are smiling and suddenly by 8’0clock you receive a phone call that you shouldn’t bother coming for the interview because you have already been employed with a double promotion!

Why? By all means, always, by Himself- God- Peace- halleluiah!

Anxiety and anxiousness is a sign that God is not with you. When you are over anxious and spend too much time in anxiety, you are saying , “I’m in church but I’m not in Christ because if you are in Christ, the first sign of Christianity is peace! Amen.

Source: http://www.citofgod.com/how-to-win-without-fighting

2 Likes

Re: How To Win War Without Fighting- Arch Bishop Benson Idahosa by Bootylicious(f): 4:57am On Sep 16, 2013
Blessed! Definitely gonna add this thread to my phone's homepage and I will keep reading it ova and ova

(1) (Reply)

Another Evidence Of God's Existence / Having Sex And At The Same Time Being A Christian... Is It A Sin? / T.D Jakes’ Daughter, Sarah Henson Ends Her Marriage After 4 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.