Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

ROBIN VAN PERSIE Talked About Psquare As One Of His Best Musicians - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ROBIN VAN PERSIE Talked About Psquare As One Of His Best Musicians (3888 Views)

GLO Drops Psquare As Brand Ambassadors / 2015 AMAA: 5 Of The Most Talked About Looks (photos) / 2face Reveals His Best Nigerian Artist (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ROBIN VAN PERSIE Talked About Psquare As One Of His Best Musicians by helpee(m): 7:29am On Sep 16, 2013
Well if you don't have an idea how BIG the Nigerian entertainment industry is, then here is a new yard-stick for you, during a chat with football legend Paddy Crerand, Manchester United striker Robin Van Persie talked about playing for the English club, working with Sir Alex Ferguson and much more. When asked what he does off the pitch, like what kind of music he listens to, RVP said:

"I like to listen to music. ..all sorts honestly. I can listen to dutch songs, English songs..whatever...if the tune is good I like it." When asked who in particular he likes, he replied "Michael Jackson, Usher, P-Square...all sorts honestly.

Yes, argubly the world's best soccer striker mentioned Nigeria's duo P-Square as one of his best musicians. Enough of the talking, watch video below..

NOTE: Van Persie started talking about the music part from the 4:30mark...

at Monday, September 16, 2013

Source: http://www.nigerianeye.com/2013/09/watch-video-man-utd-striker-robin-van.html?m=1
Re: ROBIN VAN PERSIE Talked About Psquare As One Of His Best Musicians by EzePromoe: 7:35am On Sep 16, 2013
Of course it will take you to be diasporan Nigerian for you to be able to see reasons to appreciate and pride in the success of Nigerian entertainers outside our borders.
Its only back home where you may get much haters, than it is outside home.
Nigeria music days of fame has just started and I see our music displacing that of our Western counterparts in terms of world acceptance.
Proudly Nigerian!
Re: ROBIN VAN PERSIE Talked About Psquare As One Of His Best Musicians by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 16, 2013
Naija music is BIG for sure.....Didn't you know that psquare's Alingo soundtrack was played on the last Grammy awards On the red carpet specifically.
Re: ROBIN VAN PERSIE Talked About Psquare As One Of His Best Musicians by nerodenero: 7:55am On Sep 16, 2013
That is a huge plus for P-square.
Re: ROBIN VAN PERSIE Talked About Psquare As One Of His Best Musicians by Caseless: 8:07am On Sep 16, 2013
Person wey get papa for heaven nor dey enter hell fire! This boys are bigger the rest..i wish they grow bigger.
Enemies if u try dem...
In my nephew's voice*dem go deal with u kpasinally..kpasina..kpasina..kpasinally...ey..ey*
Re: ROBIN VAN PERSIE Talked About Psquare As One Of His Best Musicians by homesteady(m): 8:21am On Sep 16, 2013
grin
Re: ROBIN VAN PERSIE Talked About Psquare As One Of His Best Musicians by goldfish80(m): 8:27am On Sep 16, 2013
Van persie's type of music: micheal Jackson<Usher< P-square... I can't be the only one who see a pattern here.

2 Likes

Re: ROBIN VAN PERSIE Talked About Psquare As One Of His Best Musicians by londoner: 8:33am On Sep 16, 2013
god_of_music: Naija music is BIG for sure.....Didn't you know that psquare's Alingo soundtrack was played on the last Grammy awards On the red carpet specifically.

The French olympic team also rocked out to P square - "e no easy" , on their arrival back from Olympics. they were getting down too...lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCK7CbFouRI
Re: ROBIN VAN PERSIE Talked About Psquare As One Of His Best Musicians by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 16, 2013
londoner:

The French olympic team also rocked out to P square - "e no easy" , on their arrival back from Olympics. they were getting down too...lol

That's true! We going far!!
Re: ROBIN VAN PERSIE Talked About Psquare As One Of His Best Musicians by Cestmoi1(f): 9:20am On Sep 16, 2013
londoner:

Wow! these guys are going far o.The white guy in black hat,the black lady and the white lady were over the moon,see them digging the song.They all looked excited shouting oooooh part,since they don't understand what they were saying in others.God bless p-square.
Re: ROBIN VAN PERSIE Talked About Psquare As One Of His Best Musicians by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 16, 2013
C'est moi:

Wow! these guys are going far o.The white guy in black hat,the black lady and the white lady were over the moon,see them digging the song.They all looked excited shouting oooooh part,since they don't understand what they were saying in others.God bless p-square.
STALKER!!!
Re: ROBIN VAN PERSIE Talked About Psquare As One Of His Best Musicians by Cestmoi1(f): 9:33am On Sep 16, 2013
god_of_music: STALKER!!!
huh? I visit this section more than u do.lol.
Re: ROBIN VAN PERSIE Talked About Psquare As One Of His Best Musicians by angelTI(f): 9:35am On Sep 16, 2013
These guys are codedly gaining int'l reputation and more money. Keep it up Psquare; the sky is your starting point!
Re: ROBIN VAN PERSIE Talked About Psquare As One Of His Best Musicians by babadem2much(m): 9:40am On Sep 16, 2013
Big ups 2 psquare, una 2much joor . God bless 9ja live n die in 9ja
Re: ROBIN VAN PERSIE Talked About Psquare As One Of His Best Musicians by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 16, 2013
C'est moi:

huh? I visit this section more than u do.lol.
You See you life
Re: ROBIN VAN PERSIE Talked About Psquare As One Of His Best Musicians by Rooneyboy(m): 9:50am On Sep 16, 2013
goldfish80: Van persie's type of music: micheal Jackson<Usher< P-square... I can't be the only one who see a pattern here.

Ur point

People like u just HATE the success of others.

U'll kick the bucket quickly if u continue like this .
Re: ROBIN VAN PERSIE Talked About Psquare As One Of His Best Musicians by specialguest(f): 9:51am On Sep 16, 2013
Wow psquare are representing us very well outside the shores of Nigeria. They are doing far better than our ambassadors and ministry of foreign affairs combined... Ride on psquare!
Re: ROBIN VAN PERSIE Talked About Psquare As One Of His Best Musicians by Clemzy16(m): 10:05am On Sep 16, 2013
goldfish80: Van persie's type of music: micheal Jackson<Usher< P-square... I can't be the only one who see a pattern here.
yeah, the three artist mentioned have a way of blending their music with unique dance steps. p-square is obviously going places. there was a video online of some white dudes doing a choreography with their hit single 'alingo' also one of michael jackson's brother commended his 'personally' video.
Re: ROBIN VAN PERSIE Talked About Psquare As One Of His Best Musicians by Nellizzy(m): 10:45am On Sep 16, 2013
yea,its been known to me dat psquare are international musicians.......i mean worldwide
Re: ROBIN VAN PERSIE Talked About Psquare As One Of His Best Musicians by goldfish80(m): 10:50am On Sep 16, 2013
Rooneyboy:

Ur point

What in My comment exibited hatred? You must be high on cough syrup to think I will die before your shypilis infested a55. Nuff said

1 Like

Re: ROBIN VAN PERSIE Talked About Psquare As One Of His Best Musicians by pendusky(m): 10:54am On Sep 16, 2013
tonto dikeh music nko? just asking ooooh! tenk
Re: ROBIN VAN PERSIE Talked About Psquare As One Of His Best Musicians by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 16, 2013
Rooneyboy:

Ur point

Why the insult? You don't seem to understand his comment, do you? Some people sef!!
Re: ROBIN VAN PERSIE Talked About Psquare As One Of His Best Musicians by bionicdude(m): 11:19am On Sep 16, 2013
am happy for dem.i wish dem more success who knows a grammy can come for Nigerians quicker than we expect
Re: ROBIN VAN PERSIE Talked About Psquare As One Of His Best Musicians by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 16, 2013
Re: ROBIN VAN PERSIE Talked About Psquare As One Of His Best Musicians by pimplucious: 12:19pm On Sep 16, 2013
Eze Promoe: Of course it will take you to be diasporan Nigerian for you to be able to see reasons to appreciate and pride in the success of Nigerian entertainers outside our borders.
Its only back home where you may get much haters, than it is outside home.
Nigeria music days of fame has just started and I see our music displacing that of our Western counterparts in terms of world acceptance.
Proudly Nigerian!

Thnks, u just took the word out of my mouth. Ppl don't understand how clubs outside Nigeria bangs made in Nigeria musics unless they are there. Ive explained to my friends but they just wave me aside.
Re: ROBIN VAN PERSIE Talked About Psquare As One Of His Best Musicians by Andyblaze: 1:06pm On Sep 16, 2013
god_of_music: Naija music is BIG for sure.....Didn't you know that psquare's Alingo soundtrack was played on the last Grammy awards On the red carpet specifically.
yes i was very suprised when i heard alingo at the grammy's. I was standing beside drake and i told him the song was from my country...ph.d

1 Like

Re: ROBIN VAN PERSIE Talked About Psquare As One Of His Best Musicians by Tuntheycr7: 4:02pm On Sep 16, 2013
And I thinks post like this shud b on FRONT PAGE and not how sexxugly Tonko Dikeh is...
Kudos to P'square anyway
Re: ROBIN VAN PERSIE Talked About Psquare As One Of His Best Musicians by helpee(m): 5:19pm On Sep 16, 2013
The most important thing I noticed is that RVP didn't say Pssquare from nigeria...which means he assumed people should know and he wasn't talking to an african audience...that to me is a big achievement to those guys
Re: ROBIN VAN PERSIE Talked About Psquare As One Of His Best Musicians by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 16, 2013
Wow. Massive endorsement for P Square! To think that RVP mentioned them in the same breath as legendary figures like MJ and Usher is quite remarkable. I think it has a lot to do with their videos and dance routines . . .I can almost swear RVP must have seen the 'Personally' video. . . .

You don't have to waste money on heavy media hype or 'attach' yourself desperately to foreign musicians/record labels in order to achieve genuine international recognition, after all.
Re: ROBIN VAN PERSIE Talked About Psquare As One Of His Best Musicians by ChiSun27(m): 8:49pm On Sep 16, 2013
My boys are truly repn!
Re: ROBIN VAN PERSIE Talked About Psquare As One Of His Best Musicians by safarigirl(f): 10:45pm On Sep 16, 2013
pro01: Wow. Massive endorsement for P Square! To think that RVP mentioned them in the same breath as legendary figures like MJ and Usher is quite remarkable. I think it has a lot to do with their videos and dance routines . . .I can almost swear RVP must have seen the 'Personally' video. . . .

You don't have to waste money on heavy media hype or 'attach' yourself desperately to foreign musicians/record labels in order to achieve genuine international recognition, after all.
lol, why you no wan name names? We know say P square get levels, no be today.
Re: ROBIN VAN PERSIE Talked About Psquare As One Of His Best Musicians by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 17, 2013
Andyblaze: yes i was very suprised when i heard alingo at the grammy's. I was standing beside drake and i told him the song was from my country...ph.d
grin grin my ribs oo!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Check-out What Top Nigerian Musicians Earn Per Show / Davido Makes Live Miserable For His U.S Marine Friend He Got Drunk (pics,vids) / See That Cute Moment Peter Okoye Of Psquare Kissed Alex On The Cheek (photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.